[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does being ftm have any perks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 600x849
The more I look at it, the female body doesn’t have any upsides. Every single trait in which afab and amab people differ, it’s the shitty end of the stick, for the sake of pregnancy and childbirth. Literally everything from the most basic survival skills has to be compromised for the sake of better harbouring a parasite.

Sure, amab people are more vulnerable to genetic illnesses due to only having one X chromosome, and while having hemophilia or colourblindness probably sucks, I don't have it, and neither does anyone else that I've literally ever met. So it doesn't make me feel too special.
I'm just short, I'm ugly, and I'm mad.

Is there any kind of an actual upside to being afab? If there's a silver lining, I'm really not seeing it.
>>
Apparently you're less likely to go bald since the gene that determines that shit is in the X chromosome, so there's a chance you'll have a dominant not-going-bald -gene in there.

This is it this is the only silver lining I'm going to get.
>>
>>6503925
No worrying about erectile dysfunction (with current tech)
No worrying about accidentally impregnating someone (with current tech)
Females think they can relate to you better
You can talk about gender issues from both sides
You can use the word tranny and not sound like an asshole
>>
>>6504084
What if I'm not attracted to women and hate sex altogether?
>>
>>6504091
Well you have a better chance of passing than MtFs (though it's not universal)
>>
>>6504091
Oh and also you get to choose your penis size :D
>>
>>6504104
I guess that's true.
>>
>>6503925
T is easier pass
>>
>>6504175
>>6504104
Common misconception

>>6503925
I suppose the only benefit is looking young forever if you take a lower dose. Some people hack it so you look like you're 20-30 far into your 60's, but only already mannish ftm's can get away with it.

Also having a bonus hole if you're gay, unless you have genital dysphoria, is very convenient.
>>
>>6504041
Actually you're twice as likely since you have two X chromosomes and MPB can be inherited from either side instead of just the maternal.

t. Balding ftm with bald father's side and full haired siblings
>>
>>6503925
>the female body doesn’t have any upsides
you're the only person who believes this
>>
>>6505214
>common misconception
Hons are so delusional, they make me laugh. How far gone do you need to be to believe "le mtfs pass better! Xd"
>>
>>6505214
I'm way too dysphoric to tolerate se.

But the age confusion doesn't fade with time?

>>6505238
Fuck.

Luckily my family isn't bald on either side.

>>6505254
Name one unrelated to childbirth and social conditioning.
>>
>>6506586
>Name one unrelated to childbirth and social conditioning.
Longer life.
>>
>>6506706
>Longer life
>Upside
YES
>>
>>6503925
the smaller frame helps particularly if you are poor. less food to run, greater selection to choose in second hand clothes if you don't care about looking rediculous in clothes and shoes with sizes larger than you normally wear.
>>
>>6505214
>Common misconception
lmao
>>
>>6506706
Testosterone takes that away. Any perk the female body has will be undone by hormone treatments.
>>
>>6503925
No upsides
>>
>>6503925
/fit/ would say access to legal androgens
>>
>>6506586
>wider hips useful for gouging people with ur hips. >being shorter enables you to not get ur head bumped as much when walking through caves.
>no balls to get injured
>smaller feet enable one to carefully walk over broken glass
>extra hole useful for covert storage of small objects
>if u have mastectomy, ur unable to get manboobs later in life.
>>
>>6503925
desu nah
unless you're a cis woman who wants to carry a child there is no advantages physically and any social ones differ between various factors including race, class, area, conventional attractiveness
>>
>>6505214
>bonus hole
>tfw all I ever wanted was to be able to top
>good night, my dreams
>>
>>6511024
Lmao none of that applies to FtM trannies though
>if u have mastectomy, ur unable to get manboobs later in life.
and this is just wrong honestly. That's like saying you can't get fat after you've had surgery. Of course you can.
>>
>>6503925
A slightly feminized male face looks more aesthetic. Bambi eyes is top tier.
>>
>>6503925
>calling a child a parasite
>attributing feeling ugly to being female
>being butthurt about being short

Good god get a grip.

Transition and quit bitching. I did.
>>
>>6506586
multiple orgasms
>>
File: 1461832946937.jpg (125 KB, 619x310) Image search: [Google]
1461832946937.jpg
125 KB, 619x310
>>6503925
+Your shorter so you can gain muscle quicker along with T
+unlike cis men who's testostrone jumps when they are around women or do stupid shit in front of them basically your immune to brainwashing
+ unlike cismen who lose testosterone when entering a relationship with women, you will keep a high t level
+ don't have to deal with male conditioning and aren't afraid to reveal your emotions unlike men which turns a majority of them into pricks and unstable idiots who need a women to exist and have a healthy life

you have to realise its all a matter of perspective. if you want to nitpick all of these can mean nothing but try to look at the bright side.
<3 an MTF who now sees the benefit of her male childhood despite hating it.
>>
>>6506586
> the age confusion doesn't fade with time
Some people do low dose so they look 17 forever

also relevant
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2015/07/23/op-ed-trans-men-experience-far-more-violence-most-people-assume
>>
>>6513311
Thank you m'lady. Have a nice day :)
>>
>>6506706
>longer life
i once was told that this is more of a socio-economic thing though, that life expectancy of monks was just as hight as that of women.
>>
>>6503925
you almost certainly have encountered XY people with some form of color blindness (about 1 in 12 males has red-green deficiency), but chances are you haven't noticed, and perhaps some of them might not have noticed themselves. i only discovered i have it by staring a test sheet, and it practically only affects me in that i can't separate red and green lines in line graphs. which sucks, but isn't too much of an issue.

the whole "discarding unused eggs by flushing them out of the body with blood"-thing sounds like it seriously sucks, i feel for you bro.

upside to being short: when it starts raining, you have longer before you get wet! seriously though, being above average height sucks whenever you have to sit/sleep in a public place (being small HAS to be better on a shitty crammed plane), and being small puts a lot less stress on your circulatory system.
>>
>>6516097
>Socio-economic
>The entire female gender
wut
>Socio-economic
>Munks
wut
>>
>>6515413

Transmen experience violence because males statisically experience alot more violence from other males. Being a feminine looking/acting manlet makes them an even bigger target.

Which is why its fucked up that TERFs think transmen are trying to transition to escape male violence or even gain male privliege.
>>
>>6524053
Truth
>>
>>6503925
i dont think so

nothing is worth this dysphoria. there are times when i dont want to be alive because i'm not a cis male.
>>
>>6503925
>the female body doesn’t have any upsides
Female hormones sure do though, depending on who you are. I feel like a fucking sex toy made for pleasure. Feels good man.

>tfw im a femboy and hormones made me turn AGP
>>
>>6503925
You will be a smaller target when SHTF. And you're calorically efficient. Not so bad I guess.

>>6535414
Oh look, another dumb, cotton-headed femboy. Get back in your thread and stop attention whoring. No one asked for your opinion.
>>
>>6535414
You sound like a worthless whore, no matter what hormones you're on.
>>
FtM here,
People treat me with a lot more respect now that I'm viewed as a man. I'm judged by the quality of my work and character rather than some bullshit that doesn't matter. Might not matter to you personally but it matters to me. Easier to bulk up on T too which is great, makes physical labor a breeze compared to pre-T. I think we build muscle at a faster rate than cis men, at least early on in transition. At least I did, my workout buddy and I started the same routine at the same time and my gains were MASSIVE in comparison. I feel so much healthier now too, I used to be pretty sickly, rarely happens at all anymore. I know you were speaking more generally but I hope some of that helps. You just gotta put in a little effort but you get SO much more back when you're FtM, poor MtFs have to work a LOT harder than us to not only pass but be taken seriously in the world.
>>
>>6524053
Help I'm a feminine looking/acting manlet how do I stop
I'm trying to change my body language and speech but people keep thinking I'm a faggot and I'm tired of getting beaten up, what if somebody kills me
>>
>>6503925
>The more I look at it, the female body doesn’t have any upsides. Every single trait in which afab and amab people differ, it’s the shitty end of the stick, for the sake of pregnancy and childbirth.
you get to be pretty and hot. if you're an inferior person who just wants someone else to look after you, then being female is better. i'm sorry that you have a female body despite being better than that, but i'm not, and i wish we could switch.
>>
File: kot.jpg (31 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
31 KB, 500x644
>>6536070
>>6536698
Aww I'm sorry I made you bugurt man. Maybe this will brighten your day up a little.
>>
A lot of people in this thread (and on this board) act like FTM's have it easy but the reality is that many do not. Sure, maybe test and proper work will lead them into a generally passing male appearance, however, no matter how good a FTM looks, they are a dickless man with no balls. Successful life as a man is already something that takes more personal drive, effort, and ability. To be a dickless man ups the difficulty level by an insane amount. It's incredibly emasculating to have no dick (or even just a useless one for that matter), let alone no balls, which obviously would have quite a lot of potential to lead to a good deal of shit feels.

But not every FTM is the perfect picture of masculinity. Many of them are short, and they won't be getting any taller. Many of them have wide hips and narrow shoulders, and will be stuck with that. Many have, even heavily influenced by testosterone, girl hands. So on and so forth.

Being a man is tough, but being a dickless manlet is nightmare mode in comparison. I would not for a moment envy any FTMs, and it's flat out stupid to assume they have it easy.

t. microdick manlet with entirely useless retracted balls.
>>
>>6538123
>tfw passing ftm that's married and getting taken care of
my life really is perfect
>>
>>6538257
...why should I care about not having a dick or balls? it isn't really very emasculating to me, it just sucks that I can't fuck somebody with a dick. I think you're projecting your insecurities a bit
>>
>>6538257
>no matter how good a FTM looks, they are a dickless man with no balls

No, they're a woman with a beard.

How is basic biology such an intellectual hurdle for liberals like you?
>>
>>6503925
1. ftms are normally hotter than most cis guys imo. Like I have never seen an ugly ftm, yall are so cute
2. Hormones work better for ftms than mtfs. Like it changes your voice and gives you facial hair and it doesn't affect either one for us. Testosterone is generally stronger than estrogen.
3. Cute butts look good on guys and girls and afab people normally have cuter butt bone structures
4. Mastectomy is easier and has better results than mtf hrt has on growing boobs or implants
5. In terms of future SRS technologies, ftms actually probably have a better chance for an anatomically correct SRS. Vulva structures correspond directly to penis structures, but vaginal structures basically correspond to extended urethra stuff. Basically, theres no way to make complete afab genitals out of amab structures, but its theoretically possible to make a completely functional amab structure out of afab tissues. The only problem is erectile tissue, but thats less complicated than vaginal tissue and could be more easily simulated with near future medical technology
>>
>>6539093
>I think you're projecting your insecurities a bit
Nah I've gone full fledged bottom faggot, and I'm loving it.

Look man I was just saying that there are some obvious downsides for ftms. You personally don't have issues with it, cool bro, good for you.

>why should I care about not having a dick or balls?
When did I say that you should? I simply said the undeniable fact that it can be an issue.

I'll bite though.
Don't know your sexuality but a dick and balls would sure help with landing straight girls. Imagine bringing a random girl home from the bar or something for her to discover you have no dick? Unethical to get to that point I suppose, depending on your viewpoint, but either way this is something that cis males can just go and do, assuming they can pull the pussy in the first place. Here's a better one: imagine some random girl going to rub your dick through your pants only to feel absolutely nothing there, and just giggle her ass off and give you a weird ass look and quickly walk off to go tell her friends about the dickless wonder. I would describe both of these scenarios as having high potential to cause an "emasculated" feeling. Just a couple examples of why someone might have some extra difficulties in life without a dick.

>>6539100
How is basic semantics such an impossible thing for you to understand?
>>
>>6539084
>and getting taken care of
kinda girly desu
>>
>>6539839
Are you implying men can't be taken care of? Every straight man I've ever met have been looking for a substitute mommy, and every female friend I have end up taking care of their partners in the relationship. Single men are just little boys lost, no exceptions.
>>
>>6539913
Yeah actually you lose your man card when you stop taking care of yourself and your loved one/s. If you never did in the first place, then you never got it. Sorry bro. This shit applies to all men, including ftms. You are not a man, even if you were a cis male you would not be a man. Not saying you're a woman of course, maybe manchild would be the proper term.
>>
>>6539989
>maybe manchild would be the proper term.
Men don't take care of themselves or others. What you're trying to say is 'making money'. As. long as a guy makes a bit of cash, he keeps his 'man card' and he can pretend that he takes care of things, while everyone else is doing the job.
>>
>>6540007
You have demonstrated the fact that you have absolutely zero clue about what it means to be a man. Zero. Now I view you as a woman because there is nothing male about you. Are you even on test?

I'd explain precisely why you're wrong but only a man would understand it.
>>
>>6539913
>Are you implying men can't be taken care of?
>Single men are just little boys lost, no exceptions.
but then what's the point in dating guys if they can't be a substitute daddy?!
>>
>>6540007
>What you're trying to say is 'making money'. As. long as a guy makes a bit of cash, he keeps his 'man card'
no, taking care of a woman means giving her direction in life. making decisions about what to do, which house to get, etc. much more than making money.
>>
>>6513311
>+ unlike cismen who lose testosterone when entering a relationship with women, you will keep a high t level
Is this why FTMs are wife beaters?
>>
>>6540399
You're thinking of lesbians
>>
>>6540434
Same thing. At least from what I've seen in this thread... some of you are ok, but many of you clearly do not have the mind of a man.
>>
>>6540246
It's all play pretend

>>6540086
Guess how I know you still live with your momma
>>
MTF's are rapists. FTM's are not.
>>
As compared to what, a cis guy?

Less likely to be a douchebag, less likely to see women as mysterious, more physically flexible, probably will live longer. I personally like having a vagina but I'm mostly gay and a bottom.

Honestly, I think trans guys are usually more attractive, too. Like...a lot more.

It sucks for sure, but I actually appreciate being trans when I'm questioning my own decisions and getting a lot of pressure from people in my life who don't have my best interests at heart. I remember being 14-18 and everyone telling me I was completely wrong to want to transition and I'd regret it. I now have on the record an glaring instance of knowing what's best for me, and I appreciate. I acknowledge that you're talking about bodies, though.
>>
>>6537221
>think we build muscle at a faster rate than cis men

Of course you do, you're on gear you fucking cheat.
>>
>>6542750
Their test levels are on par of or below the level of cis men. Even cis women who roid use higher doses than FtMs
>>
>>6541979
Protip: haven't lived with my mom in 9 years. Haven't seen my dad or contacted him in 10 (that which lost him his man card is related)
>>
>>6542759
Free test is not the same as total Test.

And since your body isn't spewing out binders to convert Test into baldness inducing DHT like a man's body is, guess what that means...
>>
>>6542844
Kek. White trash detected. So you became gay because your daddy left you?
>>
>>6542848
Not all of us are teenagers like you. I was an adult at the time. I was an adult 10 years ago when you were probably in elementary school. When I was a kid he was great. Took me hunting and fishing and all sorts of proper boy stuff all the time. Best was the trip where I bagged a black bear, scariest was the trip when a grizzly took my deer. He really taught me how to be a man. It's too bad he got into alcohol after my sister and I were grown up.

So my childhood and upbringing at least was good and wholesome.

By the way your banter is quite feminine :3

No idea why I'm a faggot, would be convenient to have some excuse like that but nope.
>>
>>6542983
>So my childhood and upbringing at least was good and wholesome.
He drank behind your backs though

You know, alcoholism is hereditary. How much do you drink? How much does your sister drink? Your mom? Are they all on benefits by now?
>>
>>6543011
>How much do you drink?
I can't anymore, also I hate the feeling. I mainly get only the negative effects. No skin off my back.
>How much does your sister drink?
None.
>Your mom?
None.
>Are they all on benefits by now?
My mom makes about $70,000 per year. She's an accountant. My sister makes just under $80,000 per year. She compiles an analyses statistics for the local school district, writing up reports on them and alllll sorts of other shit. Has a master's degree. I've only got a double major bachelor's with a minor :/.
So in other words, ineligible for benefits. My mom will be retiring in a few years, too. She'll never need benefits in her life.

>He drank behind your backs though
Nah, he always had good moderation until he fell 3 stories and nearly died. Had permanent damage from that. Had some really serious neck injury among other things. He was extremely lucky not to die and even luckier to be able to move. They had to fuse neck vertebrae. Had to have muscles cut out so that he could piss, had a leg that was numb at the bottom, meaning he had to wear a brace since he couldn't really move his ankle properly while walking, among other complications. He kinda just went downhill after that.
>>
File: 1462340345138.jpg (44 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1462340345138.jpg
44 KB, 519x533
>>6543039
>I can't anymore
>recovering alcoholic
>like father, like son
Sounds like you got the failure genes, anon
>>
>>6543050
>I can't anymore
>recovering alcoholic
>like father, like son

Ayyy lmao. I've never drank much because it's never felt that good. Now I'm on medication that heavily interacts with it. That's why I can't. I've never been addicted to anything in my life. Keep trying girlie :3
>>
File: 1455233065138.jpg (202 KB, 794x732) Image search: [Google]
1455233065138.jpg
202 KB, 794x732
>>6543055
>I've never been addicted to anything in my life
>I'm in complete control of my heavily medicated self
>Complete control
So what kind of crazy are you medicated for?
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 750x1133) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 750x1133
>>6542845
>and since your body isn't spewing out binders to convert Test into baldness inducing DHT like a man's body is, guess what that means...
U wot

DHT is what does all the work giving guys (including trans guys) body hair, genital growth, baldness, smell, oily rough skin, male fat distribution and muscle growth, you twat
>>
>>6543068
Epilepsy.
>>
>>6543162
Do you pee yourself during fits?
>>
>>6543241
Never before. It's been a while too, shit's under control. To the outside observer I'd just WHAM hit the ground suddenly. Lights out. No grand mal siezures fortunately.
>>
>>6543476
Have you ever been taken advantage of while out?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.