[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if you're a girl or a boy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1456007591270.png (28 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1456007591270.png
28 KB, 186x208
How do you know if you're a girl or a boy?
>>
If you have to ask...
>>
>>6498173
look down.
>>
>>6498173
That's the wrong question, instead you should ask if you're sufficiently unhappy about how you're treated gender-wise socially to consider changing your lifestyle and become a tranny.
>>
>>6498977
That's also the wrong question, the only question you need to ask is if you have significant bodily dysphoria or not.
>>
>>6499029
I guess I'm just a weakling who is too affected by the people around me after all
Thank you for the reminder, you're right, that's what matters the most
>>
>>6498281
>le genitalia=gender identity meme xD
>>
>>6499070
i'm a boy even though i don't like it and prefer to be a girl. if i was already a girl why would i need to take hormones and all this nonsense?
>>
>>6499044
Not the person you're replying to, but I'd recommend to just do what makes you happy and not worry too much about any concept of a core identity.
>>
File: meangirls.gif (398 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
meangirls.gif
398 KB, 200x200
>>6498173
I wish I knew...
>>
>>6499082
Oh, hon. The repression will only work for so long. Give into your desires, even if "you aren't a girl" does that really matter? What makes you happiest is most important.
>>
>>6500731
what are you implying?
>>
>>6499265
Have you transitioned and found that worked for you? Just want to make sure this advice is coming from a good place
>>
>>6500929
I'm implying if dressing up and having people call you she makes you happy then why not go for it.
>>
>>6500988
It's not even about being socially female, I just want to not cringe at what I see in a mirror
>>
>>6500988
it doesn't because i continue to look like a boy >>6501006

i'm already on hormones if that's what you're getting at. i just know i'm a boy and it's impossible for me ever to be a girl
>>
File: consent.png (99 KB, 226x260) Image search: [Google]
consent.png
99 KB, 226x260
idk, it's not like there's some sign from the gods that transition is right for you.
I would say that early on it's more like just a strong feeling something was wrong and that it was related to gender, and that I was constantly thinking I'd be better off as a girl.
So it's kinda like a well thought out guess based on a vague impulse, to be honest.
The process of transition is gradual enough that as I've gone along, everything has felt like it was helping, and that I wanted to get further, so I take that as a sign that I guessed right. I'm starting to fit into my role pretty well now, and achieving acceptance, and everything is going to be ok. There's still sadness and doubt, but no regrets, this made things better.

So I guess, if you can't get your mind off changing, maybe trying HRT for a while will grant insight into the process. At some point, it's best to pick a side and just commit to it, life is short anyways.

I think the whole "really a boy/girl" and identity stuff is kinda maybe more politics and philosophy than people are comfortable to admit. Looking it in terms of "goodness of fit" for transition, and whether it makes your short insignificant life happier, are easier things to determine than "what you really are" as though destiny were real. After the fact, it's less painful to just try and look at yourself as the gender you committed to be, and be confident, but even then, it's kinda obnoxious to get really bent out of shape over "muh real gurl equivalence." Just be a nice girl/boy and stfu.
>>
>>6498173
Do you want to put a dick in others of do you want others to put a penis in you?
>>
>>6498173
Depends on what you mean.
It's either a very difficult question, one where we don't actually have an answer. There's isn't really a single feature that decides boy/girl

If you mean in loose terms, and more about gender identity.
Are you happy with the sex characteristics you have now? Or do you dream about/wish for sex characteristics of the opposite sex, and to be seen as of one of the opposite sex?

If you answered no to the first, and yes to the second, you're trans, and so you'll know that you're the opposite of whichever sex organ you have (if you don't have one, you're whichever sex you want to be)
If you answered yes to the first, and no to the second, you are whichever sex organ you have (if you don't have one, you're whichever one you want to be).
>>
>>6498173
I go on Tumblr and usually I find out that way.
>>
>>6498173
Assuming you are a questioning trans: Talk to a professional.
>>
>>6499070
>le being in deniall memeXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>6501006
Grow a spin
>>
>>6500988

>Taking resources from people who would otherwise kill themselves for a fetish
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.