[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a bit of a dilemma. My current girlfriend is trans, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 960x1200
I have a bit of a dilemma. My current girlfriend is trans, and I had no previous experience with the lgbt community before her. I'm still not really in tune with it, but she has a lot of gay and trans friends and ever since I refused to go to pride events, they've been telling her to break up with me as I'm not "sensitive" enough to their cause.
What should I do here /lgbt/?
She told them to drop it, but they are her close friends and I wouldn't want to make her choose between me and them.
>>
They have no businesses forcing you to do something you don't want to, regardless of your opinion. If they are willing to ditch your girlfriend just because you don't want to attend a parade, are they really that good of friends in the first place?
>>
>>6487549

>tfw no bf
>>
Tell her that in your eyes she is a girl and you don't feel it's right to treat her differently from any other girl on the basis she's trans. You are sympathetic and support the LGBT cause you never went out with her for that reason and the fact she's trans shouldn't be a major part of your relationship with her.
>>
they sound like shitty people tbdesu I would never expect my bf to go to pride or trans related stuff, I don't even do those things myself though
>>
>>6487571
I know but she likes them so I wont criticize them too much.
>>6487615
She is understanding. I just want to be able to get along with her friends better so I can make life easier for her and for me.
>>
File: 1463730642301.jpg (42 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
1463730642301.jpg
42 KB, 500x520
>>6487549
show ur tranny wats up
>>
>>6487788
tell them politely it is illogical to equate not wanting to go to or caring for a parade and being against lgbt rights.
>>
>>6487788
She likes them a lot and that sucks and all, but they sound kind of poisonous tbqh.
Maybe instead you can explain to her why what you did wasn't being insensitive, and she can forward your explanation to them if they bring it up again.
>>
>>6487788
You could tell them you don't like going to places with big crowds and explain that just because you don't feel like going to a parade doesn't mean you don't support lgbt rights. And whatever you do, don't go on a rant about how pride parades are degenerate or whatever because that shit will muddy the waters even more and could potentially cause a break up between you and your gf.

Why don't you wanna go, OP? We need to know why in order to help you out more.
>>
>>6488145
Like you said, huge crowds arent my thing, and I would feel sort of out of place because I don't really share anything in common with the people there.
My gf isnt so crazy about it either, but she has fun when she goes with a group. Anyway, I think I should just make a compromise for her and go.
>>
>>6487549
Wtf. I don't blame you, pride events tend to be really weird, I stay the hell away from them too. Just explain why you don't really want to go to them, but still show her you're supportive of her
>>
>>6488199
I'm mtf and I'd never even been to any gay events or anything until my boyfriend decided he wanted to recently. It's perfectly reasonable to not want to go for plenty of non-homophobic or transphobic reasons, like not liking public places or just not seeing a reason why you would actively want to go, or like you said feeling out of place at such an event (which is how I feel about it too desu)
>>
Say you get social anxiety in big crowds, instant oppression points
>>
>>6487549
Are any of her friends trans girls? They might be jealous lesbians looking to get with your girlfriend. Just sayin'.
>>
>>6488214
>>6488222
Yeah, I won't make such a big fuss about it now. I like her so much I dont want to jeapardize the relationship, even though she says she understands.
>>
>>6488262
this. guaranteed they're jealous of your relationship
>>
>>6488262
She does have a couple. I dont know actually, but I never picked up on anything like that when I met them.
>>
>>6487549
>My current girlfriend is trans
Fucking degenerate
>>
>>6488288
The heart wants it wants. When you meet someone special, you'll understand.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 884x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 884x800
>>6488301
>when you meet someone special
>someone special
>special
>>
>>6488324
>I'm being facetious to hide how lonely I am and how little I understand true love
>>
>>6488301

Are you OP?
>>
>>6488333
Bitch, I'm happily engaged to the love of my life, don't worry about me. You need to worry about OP's faggot ass
>>
>>6488343
Yess
>>6488351
Well youre entitled to your opinion
>>
>>6488362
Post op or pre op?
>>
>>6488400
Don't answer this question OP.

Don't do it.
>>
File: 1464534634913.jpg (40 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
1464534634913.jpg
40 KB, 650x366
>>6488407
>>
>>6488351

Why are you on /lgbt/, then? Isn't a man old enough to marry also old enough to not call something degenerate like he's still in grade school? Be honest, her father forced you into a redneck shotgun wedding after you got the bride pregnant at 16, isn't it?

>>6488362

So how did you two meet? I guess you trans people were degenerate too until you met her.

>>6488407

Why not? The answer is almost assuredly preoperative considering her friends are probably y
>>
Pride events are fucking disgusting cesspools of degeneracy.

I'm a tranny and am scared some faggot would try to molest me if I went to one. They literally have like 12 year olds strip dancing and shit at them. They are basically a massive front for fucking pedophilia half the time.

And what fucking cause? What rights do us faggots need to fight for anymore? If your girlfriend gives you shit over not wanting to go to a pride parade tell her to fuck off and go die of aids.
>>
>>6488443
We met at a coffee shop. I thought she was cute and asked her out.
I didn't really have an opinion about trans people before I met her but I didnt think I would ever date one.
>>6488407
I dont understand this
>>
>>6488499
It's bait for people to talk shit about how degenerate you and/or your girlfriend is.

If you say pre-op they will call her a fetishist non-trans.
If you say post-op they will call you disgusting for wanting an axe-wound imitation of a real vagina.

No solution, nothing comes of it, purely bait.
>>
File: fedoramlady.gif (3 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
fedoramlady.gif
3 MB, 356x200
>>6488476
>am scared some faggot would try to molest me if I went to one
I would protect you m'lady.
>>
>>6487549
Unless you have a legitimately good reason not to go, those friends and your gf have every right to be ypset about it, imo.
>>
>>6487549
Is this your gf?
>>
>>6488649
it's a fag parade, I'd say that's reason enough
>>
your gf and her circle of friends sounds like nutcases, but then again theyre trannies and enablers so
>>
>>6488677
Learn the lore, dipshit. People fought and died in order for us to live authentically without immense fear of being fired, imprisioned, or murdered for being LGBTQ+.
>>
>>6488649
I gave one before
>>6488670
No thats just a random pic
>>
>>6488649
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 225x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 225x200
>>6488443
Wtf? I'm a gay dude you stupid faggot lmao
>>
>>6488721

>engaged to a gay man
>love of your life

Do I really need to tell you how this is going to go down? LMAO
>>
>>6488499
Stop calling it a "her" you autist

>>6488729
>1/10 made me reply
>>
>>6488735

Remember, no more than 5 years from your wedding day, you'll come crying to /lgbt/ about how your "one and only" cheated on you and you found out in the worst way possible: HIV and super gonorrhea.
>>
>>6488760
Lol stay lonely hon
>>
>>6488703
>LGBTQ+
kill yourself
and I'm sorry but we aren't protected from any of that
>>
>>6488717
I mean, I'm just holding him accountable for his approach. He even said in OP that he refused, so that makes me wonder how he went about saying that he didn't want to tag along. I understand not liking lots of people, but the thought that he won't have anything in common with people in attendance is really odd to me. Thousands go to these events, and allies are a thing. His gf will be there, too. And she probably would rather have him join. That's just my cents.
>>
>>6488775
Wow! So bitter about acronyms as they post on /lgbt/ I never said we were protected from any and all harm. If you haven't witnessed a positive shift in attitudes towards our peeps in the last 5 years or so (plus marriage equality, which has only been a thing nationwide for about 1 year) then I pity you.
>>
>>6488765

Enjoy those antiretrovirals.
>>
>>6488798
I haven't. The murder rate of trans people has gone up and we still have absolutely no protections, 49 gays get shot dead in the name of religion and nobody bats an eye, nobody is saying enough is enough. Marriage for americans is long overdue, while the media and government decides to focus on even less important issues like who is allowed to pee in public bathrooms.
>>
>>6489004
Nobody bats an eye? The media won't shut up about it. They're all pushing for gun control which in my opinion is not the cause of the issue, but they're trying to do something about it.
>>
>>6488780
It would be uncomfortable, especially since im not very passionate about it. She understands buf she goes to have fun with her friends
>>
>>6488649
SJWs not allowed here honey, fuck off to tumblr.
>>
>>6487549
Just go to pride with your girlfriend dude. Like how selfish are you that you can't spend a day at a festival? Stop taking yourself so seriously, you sound like a shitty partner
>>
>>6489123

Not OP, but I'm a fairly quiet, introverted sort of person, and I find them offensive. It's rarely an occasion for somber serious reflection on the hardfought advances we've made. Rather, it's usually an excuse for exhibitinist queens to compete over who can get away with the most exhibitionist behavior in public and not catch shit for it.
>>
>>6489004

Oh they're batting their eyes alright, but they're going after guns (which can be used to protect yourself against religious nutsos) instead of goig after Islam (which actively wants to exterminate us from the world).
>>
I'm a transwoman and would never attend something like "pride events". I also would never force anybody in any way, shape or form to make any political statements or be politically active. It's a personal decision.
The lgbt-friends of your transgirlfriend are propably SJWs. Just tell your gf, that you are generally pro-lgbt, but share your reasons with her, why you do not like such things as pride events.
>>
>>6493218
Yeah I explained everything to her today and I told her that I would go with her if she really wanted me to but that id rather not
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.