[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hair removal/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1463021702119.jpg (41 KB, 350x228) Image search: [Google]
1463021702119.jpg
41 KB, 350x228
Electro or Laser?

What are you currently having done?

How far along are you?

How are the results?

Expensive?
>>
Did electro turn that guy white?
>>
About 8hrs of electrolysis on my face, I've just got a small patch on my chin and upper lip left.

Costs me about $90/hr in central Florida.
>>
>>6484414
>Electro or Laser?
laser

>What are you currently having done?
face

>How far along are you?
just one in

>How are the results?
meh

>Expensive?
meh
>>
>>6484414
>Electro or Laser?
Laser

Face

>How far along are you?
3 sessions

>How are the results?
No dense patches of hair left, still some faint shadows on lip, sides of chin

>Expensive?
Painfully so
>>
>>6484414
>Electro or Laser?
Laser
Face and pubic hair
>How far along are you?
Done, few hairs started growing after few years getting that fixed soon with one session
>How are the results?
Damn good
>Expensive?
Yes
200 bucks for face < got it covered now with insurance
pubic hair < idk hospital payed that for me for surgery
>>
>>6484770
>200 bucks for face
per session? That's ridiculously overpriced
>>
>>6484414
does electro work on pale hair?
>>
>>6485249
Yes.
>>
>>6485249
Yeah, laser doesn't.

I've got pale hair and skin so I just skipped laser completely.
>>
My facial hair is really quite coarse

Hope that laser can help somewhat
>>
>>6484774
It is I live in the Netherlands and was amazed how much cheaper it was in the US.

I think the pricing was like
> Upperlip 90 euro
> Face 120 euro

>>6485348
You will benefit more from laser when you hair is coarse. If you have white blonde fur on ur face you might be better of with electro, Black sturdy and coarse hair is best for laser. Resultwise.
>>
>>6485371
UK
Booking in a block it's £53 per session (face and neck)
>>
>>6484414
How common is it for electro places to give deals for trannies since we get the whole body zapped?
>>
>>6485468
You don't need whole body, your body hair is far easier to manage than your face
>>
groupon.com
localflavor.com
livingsocial.com

you can often find 50% -75% off laser hair removal therapy in different cities on there so you can save a ton of monies
>>
>>6484414
>Electro or Laser?
Both

Electro - Thermolysis

>How far along are you?
Done with laser, 10 months in with electro. Very nearly done, just some fine hairs to clean up.

>How are the results?
I'm satisfied. I'd be finished by now but i can only afford 30 minutes a week so it's taken longer.

>Expensive?
Laser cost me $1400cad for 6 sessions. Electro is $69/hr.
>>
>>6484414
what does a wax cost
>like if i want everything from my knees to my neck waxed
>>
>>6490914
Why bother?

If you're going for something temporary like that do it yourself or use a hair removal cream
>>
Electro is ridiculously expensive in the UK
>>
>>6484414
Is lasers generally permanent as in, I get it done at 25 I'll still be hairless by 50?
Or does it grow back a little after a few years?
>>
>>6496002
You'll need a touch up every 6-12 months.
>>
>>6496002
You need top ups

Quite cheap and infrequent
>>
i just came here to brag and say i have no facial hair so i dont need laser
>>
>>6484414
>Electro or Laser?
Laser
everywhere except my face (I don't need to just yet)
>How far along are you?
3 full body sessions
>How are the results?
No bad. Hair takes about a week or so to fully grow back however my legs are still a bit hairy
>Expensive?
$900 CAN per full body session ;_;
>>
>>6485479
I get ingrown hairs and razor bumps no matter what I do. Laser is the only option. Otherwise I look better with body hair.
>>
Electro or Laser?
Both

What are you currently having done?
Laser on face
Electrolysis on genitals

How far along are you?
about 6 sessions in on face
About 150 hours in on genitals

How are the results?
Barely have to shave face anymore
Still probably about 6 months to go on gt electro

Expensive?
$20 copays per laser session or per 2h long electro session
>>
>>6496361
you took the words from my mouth anon
>>
>had thick dark hair that probably would have come right off with laser
>start hrt
>facial hair is now nearly pigment free, wouldn't work well with laser

Lol who gives a fuck I couldn't afford either anyways :'^)
>>
>>6497543
How long did the color change take?
>>
>>6497668
Happened pretty quickly. It started after a two months of cypro(self med), and it became mostly pale, then I switched to spiro and it stayed about the same until I added finasteride which didn't make it any pale-er(most was already as pale as it could get) but seemed to make it softer and grow slower, then my doc switched me to lupron and it got darker at first but then even more paler/slower growth/softer and thinner hairs than before. It's mostly invisible as long as I shave in the morning but I still hate the prickly feeling it causes and some of it still grows dark above my lip and under my chin.

Do keep in mind I started when I was seventeen the month before I turned eighteen, only started growing facial hair when I was 16, and had only recently became able to grow a full beard when I started, so YMMV.
>>
>>6497205
how awkward is someone fiddling your special area for 150 hours? do you converse during the action to release tension?
>>
Hey brehs is eating tofu a lot reduce body hair is broscience? I cant efford laser.
>>
File: consent.png (99 KB, 226x260) Image search: [Google]
consent.png
99 KB, 226x260
>>6498008
We talk. It's so painful I am sometimes choking on tears. It fucks with me to be honest. I feel like part of my ability to even process embarrassment is getting overloaded and burnt the fuck out, but I'll subject myself to anything for the best possible result.

I really hate it, but you just do it and then it's done till next week I guess.
>>
File: 1463984690244.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1463984690244.png
98 KB, 600x500
Will electrolysis be paid by insurance in the US?
>>
As a person who shaves DAILY, I've only ever gotten electro on my eyebrows.

It's incredibly painful because I have basically no pain tolerance. I can't stand even like 5 minutes of it.
>>
>>6498507
It's 20 minutes

Just keep thinking about the end result
>>
>>6484414
Tried IPL, with minmal results, almost a complete waste of time. 9 sessions, maybe 10% of hair disappered. Laser might be able to remove 10% more.
While my hair looks dark, most of the hairs are actually dark red-brown, so it doesn't work.

Tried like 12 hours of electro, but it was spread over my face, so it was completely pointless. You need about 30 hours over 6 weeks. So if you're doing less than 5 hours a week, you're wasting time and money.
Trying to save up €10k so that I can pay for marathon electro, which is required for any quick and good results. Obviously, I will get scarring from it, hopefully just not much.
>>
>>6498339
Mine will cover genitals, but not facial.
>>
>>6501610
>>6498268
Why are you doing genitals? I've never even thought about doing such a thing.
>>
>>6501739
Many surgeons require genital electrolysis before they'll go through with bottom surgery.

Some will just cauterize the hair away themselves.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.