[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to deal with dysphoria aside from transitioning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1
File: shoot me.jpg (84 KB, 540x363) Image search: [Google]
shoot me.jpg
84 KB, 540x363
Is there a way to deal with dysphoria aside from transitioning?

I just want to be a normal guy.
>>
Just be one, oniichan.
>>
>>6480488
I'm already on hormones and stuff I just don't want this though.
>>
>>6480494
>I'm already on hormones and stuff I just don't want this though.

Why are you if you dont want to?
>>
>>6480565
Because I have dysphoria and I don't know how else to deal with it.

How do I deal with it?
>>
>>6480604
You can still take hormones and remain a guy. Just don't wear girls clothes.
>>
I think Jung’s writings on the anima are very relevant here. Jung described working with the anima as important to the psychological growth as those qualities can be integrated and produce growth. The anima can be an important guide. However, Jung simultaneously warns about the phenomena of “anima possession” where a man can become taken over by the inner woman. It was actually reading Jung and his phenomena of anima possession which first knocked loose my transgender identification.

In summary, a “fetish” or cross-dreaming are not lesser states to transgender identity. This idea can lead to preferring transgender identity which could potentially be far more disruptive to one’s life. Also, shame over sexual motivations can specifically lead to the preference for a transgender identity over other possible outcomes. This is a place where trans critics sometimes go wrong, by specifically shaming the sexual aspects of trans identity, they may be creating more of the very phenomena they oppose.

https://thirdwaytrans.com/
>>
>>6480685
For example, we try not to say “schizophrenic” instead we say “person with schizophrenia”. We try not to say “a depressive” and instead say “person with depression”. However, with gender issues it is the reverse, we are encouraged to say “trans person” rather than “person with gender dysphoria” and also to affirm those identities.

The reasons for this disidentification process are several. One is to avoid distorting our perception of the person so we do not see them as just their condition. We must remember that they are so much more than that. Another reason for this practice is to avoid stigmatizing them, so they are not seen as being just that particular condition, they are a full dynamic human being with many different parts

Another reason for this, relates to the person seeking to work with their condition themselves. When someone identifies with something it becomes frozen. It is much harder to treat someone for depression if they identify with it. If they say “being depressed is just who I am, it cannot change.” that is much harder to work with that than someone who says that they “have depression”. One technique for those who are too identified with their depression is to externalize the depression. We try to get them to see the depression as not their whole self, and to perhaps say “that is the depression talking”. This tries to bring their whole self into the picture, rather than just the depression, as the rest of the self can get lost when an identity is formed.

>>
>>6480704
THATS BECAUSE SOME CLAIM NOT TO HAVE IT!!
>>
>>6480685
That's backwards.

Who would rather be a tranny that just have a cross dressing fetish? A fetish would be fucking easy to live with compared to being a tranny.
>>
>>6480604
How long have you felt this way? Is this something that came with puberty? Because if it is I would recomend you just ride it out until your hormones have settled. That is if you're still around 18-22 ish. That shit calms down around 23-25.

I have a bit of a bias against people opting to transitioning as many just seems to struggle to come to terms with their sexuality amidst a very hormonal and emotionally unstable period.

And then you have the sudden surge of people transitioning and posting heavily photoshoped images of themselves pre and post op, making it a very tempting choice to make. Who doesnt want to become prettier than they are?

Some actually have gender dysphoria and transitioning is the only viable option for them, but I think way to many are way to hasty with making that judgement, especially considering that most of them are in their mid to late teens where they are at their most emotionaly unstable.
>>
>>6480464
Only for very mild dysphoria, and even then, it will require a lot of therapy. Real therapy, not this "pray away the trans" bullshit.
>>
I have dysphoria to. I present as a guy, was born male, but inside I know I am a woman. *hugz*
>>
>>6480756
I've had dysphoria for literally as long as I can remember, pre-puberty.

I'm too ugly for transition to be a viable option though.
>>
>>6480820
Ey me too but that aint gonna stop me. No one gives a shit besides you.
>>
>>6480720
It's just a third way trans conspiracy theory.

If they could state their preferences without the conspiracy theories, they could probably help a lot more people.
>>
>>6480820
So you are gonna wait until your bell goes of at 40 years old?
>>
>>6481100

This, I fucked up went through my teenage years repressing it. Then I for sure knew I wanted it at 20. repressed it until 25 and the last couple years I have gone down the rabbit hole with constant drugs alchohol and depression plus weird thoughts that don't connect with reality.

Pop some spiro and e pills and all of a sudden my mind is as sharp as when I was 10. It's a gamble I may never be able to come out socially but what is the alternative?
>>
>>6480464
If you play with it then you don't have it
>>
>>6481169
Seriously, Testosterone was hell.
>>
>>6481169
>Pop some spiro and e pills and all of a sudden my mind is as sharp as when I was 10.
Welp
I guess I've just memed myself then
>>
>>6481188

What do you mean?
>>
>>6481696
I don't really feel much different at all after months and months of hormones
>>
>>6480670
Can anyone back this up or explain a lil more? I really want to do something like this but haven't heard many stories of it happening.
>>
>>6481177
Seriously? Even trans people masturbate. It can be a pain in the ass and make you feel like shit sometimes but everyone masturbates.
>>
>>6482031
It happens more often than not for 4chan trans women. And technically the huge amount of "femboys" who display clear signs of dysphoria and blatantly wish they were born female.

It's pretty easy, you get on hormones either through a doctor or self-medding, and then you just be a femboy for all intents and purposes. Get a few pairs of sports bras to hide your boobs.

I did it for over a year, but eventually I just got so comfortable being in women's clothes in public that I just stopped giving a shit and finished transitioning.

I mean, I still hate being in public, but I pass well enough that I'm not neurotic about it like I used to be.
>>
>>6482108
Damn, that sounds like me right now. I'm kinda fem and just neurotic as fuck. I'm so awkward and anxious that my walk home is lengthened by like 2 miles just by trying to avoid strangers.

That sounds like the perfect transition. My biggest fear is dressing up as a woman and not passing in public
>>
>>6482126
Yeah, hormones helps a lot with the more general anxiety but to get over social anxiety you just need a slowww but sure dip in the waters of increasing femininity.
>>
>>6482031
I've been on hormones for almost a year now and I've let my hair grow out but otherwise I present just as male as I always have.
>>
>>6481768

for me repressing it I'm pretty sure it's dissociation or similar symptoms, I check out of reality all the time either in my head or using whatever addiction I'm doing at the time.

Since on mones I make less impulsive decisions and socially I feel less anxious or pissed off.
>>
>>6482184
Different anon, but what would I do if I don't even know that I could ever look cute, and worry that HRT will prevent me from having a good male image to fall back on?
>>
>>6482244
you try and then if you decide to give up after hrt has stopped changing your appearance, get tits cut off and be done with it
>>
>>6482259
>get tits cut off
And that's exactly the problem, it's an embarrassing and pricey surgery.
>>
>>6482273
well we already know that having these thoughts already makes our lives shittier than they could be. sometimes there isn't a good choice, just less worse choices
>>
>>6482281
And that's why I need to know what the least worst choice is.
>>
>>6482301
yeah and i provided you with another option that you can consider. if we could just put them all in a utility finder machine then we could all make the optimal choice
>>
>>6482329
It'd be much simpler if there were professional crossdressing helpers who would make you look as girly as possible, so you could see if you liked it and whether HRT would let you pass!
>>
>>6482337
There are. You just have to avoid the ones that turn you into a fetishist clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACVM1BUY8tY
>>
>>6482244
I just couldn't stand the thought of getting any worse and hormones certainly had an impact, even before it was close to passing I liked its effects, especially after a decent amount of laser and electrolysis.

In the end it's probably important for your mental health to be satisfied with your own self image then to worry about how manly you can be for others. Trust me when I say, if you want to look like a man after hormones, you can, all I'd really need to do is cut my hair, not wear makeup, and stop trimming my eyebrows.

Really though, for me, getting rid of my facial hair was one of the most liberating things ever. This however IS irreversible.
>>
>>6482365
I really don't like the look of that, I wouldn't want anything but something really low-key, quick, and straightforward rather than a stretched-out experimentation in style that makes me feel really exposed and puts me in clothes that make all the flaws in my form as obvious as possible.

>>6482413
Breasts are still a problem.
If I could look decent as both a male and a female, that would look amazing, but if I could only alternate between male and an ugly tranny, I'd regret attempting to transition since it'd be time and money down the drain with the end result of breasts that I have to hide until I can afford surgery.
>>
If I woke up tomorrow in a world where I was born and raised as the opposite gender I would honestly just roll with it. I find it difficult to empathize with anyone who has a compulsory need to be perceived as one gender or the other.
I wonder how many people are the same way. Maybe you can induce this state of mind in yourself somehow and be fine with your birth gender.
>>
>>6482720
I agree that people like that exist, and I'm somewhat like that myself (that is, I don't really care about how people perceive me other than "not a freakshow," but I still really hate my male physiology). A lot of people will claim that what you experience is simply "being cis" and that you'd actually want to kill yourself if you woke up the other sex, but I think they're just projecting their own extreme preference for one sex onto others. You just need to avoid doing the same thing yourself honestly
>>
>>6482886
>You just need to avoid doing the same thing yourself honestly
This is why I say I find it difficult to empathize with the opposite mindset, rather than saying people of that mindset are deluded or something.
I have my opinions of what the reality might be but I only ever put them forward for consideration, never assert them as truth.
>>
>>6482720
If you woke up tomorrow and you were born and raised as the opposite gender then of course you'd roll with it you dingbat, that means erasing the old you.

If however you retained your old socialization and memories and suddenly found yourself thrust into a new gender role most people would be in a state of considerable distress.
>>
>>6483676
Okay, I don't see how that's relevant.
>>
>>6480720
I think that guy is full of shit but.. uh.. me. If I was trans at least I'd have a real identity. I have nothing. I am nothing.
>>6476617
>>
>>6483988
>tfw also no one but can't just put on qt girls faces and live their lives
>>
>>6482720
You have no idea how important what you have is until you lose it.
>>
>>6484034
We should make a TRANSCENDENT VOID BEING general.
>>
You don't. It never goes away.

I am sorry, nothing is really going to help except hormones. Dysphoria does not go away easily.

>>6480756
I am 24 and it still has not gone away. It will never go away.

>>6480820
So did I, I have had dysphoria since I was 3. I always knew something was wrong. Have you tried just dressing in clothes and making yourself look like a boy? Nobody is too ugly to transition. I am 4 months in, I still think I am ugly as sin but I have to try. You are on hormones too, just give it a shot. If you do not like it as long as you do not remove your ovaries/testicles you should eb able to transition back with nearly minimal effects.
>>
>>6484036
you're projecting
>>
>>6484098
Possibly. It just sounds like someone normal saying they wouldn't mind losing their sense of smell.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.