[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtF Makeup basics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: y7zjnc3.jpg (130 KB, 1080x1130) Image search: [Google]
y7zjnc3.jpg
130 KB, 1080x1130
Does anyone have any general tips with makeup that helps to look more feminine?

I have a pretty feminine face for a male; nice cheekbones for example but I feel like something is missing. I know it's makeup but what is it in particular that I need to learn? What are the basics to looking like a female.

What is THE magic trick?
>>
boomp
>>
>>6468786
You honestly have to live in the role for a while and continuously go through your things to throw out what makes you not look as feminine as you thought. Also observe women's body language and emulate them until it's natural.
>>
>>6468996

I think the way I act is fairly feminine. The stuff I wear isn't very feminine but it's hard because I have a massive upper body because genetics. If only I wanted to be a body builder...

It's mostly my face. Like, I feel like I can pass but there's something that's not right. I think it's the total lack of makeup and I have no idea how to use it cos I'm not an artist and have no creativity. It doesn't come natural to me.
>>
>>6468786
And honestly if there was some "magic trick" there wouldn't be so many hons. It takes time and effort.
>>
>>6469016

Well surely there's something you're supposed to do with makeup that is really important. I've seen some amazing things with makeup.
>>
>>6469015
I'm going the other way and thought I had no hope before T but learning about masculinity and being very self aware has gotten me to a relatively high pass rate. It really is behavior and experience IMHO.
>>
>>6469018
Can't help you there as I never wore much makeup as a girl
>>
File: Ryuuko buukake.png (121 KB, 274x256) Image search: [Google]
Ryuuko buukake.png
121 KB, 274x256
>>6469056

I just want someone to make me into a girl...
>>
>>6469198

everyone does, but that's not how it works

make up can be incredibly effective when done well but like anything it takes time and practice to master

if you really wanna improve, start by watching tutorial vids on youtube
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>>6468786
These are just some tips I've picked up overtime, so hope it helps. Not sure if you have already, but make sure to get your eyebrows done as it's a small change that can make a huge difference. Keeping them shaped makes them fit your face better. You should also sit down and spend a day or so getting to know your makeup. Learn what colors go together and what styles are in, if you want examples of this when you're walking around just observe what other girls have on for makeup. If you wanna go full on with makeup go into Sephora or Ulta and see the way the girls in there do their makeup. Most of them are nice and willing to show you the most effective way to use what you're buying. Follow the seasons as some seasons call for different colors just like clothing styles. Try to stick with brown and nude colors when it comes to the eyes for summer. Glitter accent if you can pull it off. If you want to learn how to contour you can find scans of the tutorials that usually come with popular contour kits like Kat Von D's. If you find an expensive lipstick or eyeshadow, and can't afford it, find out the name and brand and you can search for a cheap alternative. Lots of beauty guru's make lists dedicated to finding exact copies of expensive make up in brands like NYX which can be a huge help when just starting if you don't want to spend too much money. Like >>6468996 said it's just a lot of trial and error, but make sure to focus on your body movements and voice as they're just as, if not more, important than how you look overall. Good luck <3
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.