[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian & LGBT General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 16
File: qq-rb-xr.gif (1 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
qq-rb-xr.gif
1 KB, 324x216
ITT Christians of /lgbt/ report in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL4_f4eUptg
>>
If you're active in your homosexuality you aren't a Christian
>>
>>6468414
/thread
>>
>>6468414
As if anyone on this board is active in their homosexuality
>>
>>6468430
Alright let me rephrase it.
If you're active in your homosexuality, or if you're a preening queen who goes to pride parades and glues dildos to your face while carrying a rainbow flag and hoping to find a bear to fuck you in the ass, but you're still a virgin you aren't a Christian.
>>
>>6468414
If a Christian is a person without sin, there are no Christians.
>>
>>6468460
No, but a Christian isn't someone who takes pride in their sins or is unrepentant.
>inb4 gluttonous pastors or other hypocritical people that call themselves Christians
They're equally non-Christian, and are just doing it for material benefit.
>>
Chaser converting to Catholicism reporting in. Went to my first weekday mass today, came home and emailed my transgender lady friend. Feels good man.
>>
>>6468466
I'm not "proud" of my homosexuality, but I've accepted it. It's my particular weakness.

My pastor told me it's no more a sin than smoking, drinking, or cursing, and that he does all three of those.
>>
>>6468525
Your biggest sin is being a disgusting Protestant, but being an active homosexual necessarily makes you not a Christian.
>>6468523
Enjoy desecrating the Eucharist
>>
>>6468312
>gay
>christian

I don't get this at all. Isn't casual sex as degenerate and sinful as fuck ?
>>
>>6468466
>>6468414
see
http://whosoever.org/blog/
>>
>>6468543
>non-christians make a blog, and say they're Christians
Mormons have their own website too
>>
>>6468540
>implying Christians have casual sex instead of monogamous relationship

also see>>6468543
>>
>>6468551
http://mccchurch.org
>>
>>6468534
Sorry, I just believe in the Bible, not idols.
>>
File: absolutely-halal 2.jpg (80 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-halal 2.jpg
80 KB, 640x539
>>6468559
>non-christians make a blog, and say they're Christians
Mormons have their own website too
>>6468565
Pic related since you made me laugh.
>>
>>6468551
>>6468573

but Mormons have their own extra scripture added to the bible not just a disagreement about the interpretation of the bible

see also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYOk66rhl0s
>>
>>6468540
We're born in sin. This is why we need Christ.
>>
>>6468414
WATCH THIS please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVvjAdbaaQ
>>
>>6468576
If you think I'm going to watch that documentary you're wrong. But I know already exactly what you're saying. "The bible doesn't condemn homosexuality as a sin".
First mistake Sola Scriptura is an unbiblical tradition of men
Second mistake I've seen all of the arguments made to weasel around the passages that condemn homosexual sex acts. None of them hold any water from a historical (le there was never any romance in ancient homosexuality maymay) or wider biblical contextual point of view.
>>
>>6468593
>authors at google
Closed
>>
>>6468595
Why is there always someone like you around to tell us that we're not real Christians? What is so distinctive about our sin? Are alcoholics or the morbidly obese unable to be Christians either? How come no one pickets them as much as us?
>>
>>6468673
because they ones who do that are fat alcoholics themselves
>>
>>6468673
>Are alcoholics or the morbidly obese unable to be Christians either?
If they're unrepentant and obstinately devoted to their gluttony and drunkenness then yes. The distinctive part of your sin isn't the homosexuality, it's the promotion of vice as virtue and refusal to repent from the acts. The reason there's always some around to tell you you're wrong is because you claim to be a follower of Christ, and muddy what it means to be one up "you can totally get a bf and be a Christian, in fact it's a good thing".
>>6468682
Not fat, and don't drink at all (it's fine as long as you don't get drunk though). If you're the one who said it's a vice though I think you might actually be a Christian though, if you're the one who posted the google books talk you're not.
>>
File: 1466476502956.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1466476502956.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>6468312
Why did God make me this way;-;

I just want to be happy I know I started HRT and therapy but this shit still hurts desu
>>
>>6468865
You're miserable because you're a tripfag
>>
>>6468997
I was miserable before I adopted this trip
>>
>>6469011
God clearly knew you tripfag when you were born
>>
>>6469019
;-;
>>
>>6469040
>get a reply
>no (You)
No wonder God hates you
>>
>>6469050
Have a (you) ya whiner
>>
File: smug-ayy.png (123 KB, 503x503) Image search: [Google]
smug-ayy.png
123 KB, 503x503
>>6469113
Thank you sir
>>
ITT >Who says i can't be gay and muslim?
>>
>>6469143
>Sir
REEEEE

Good paypay BTW
>>
>>6469185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cItgz3OpdTI
>>
File: smugfast.png (478 KB, 397x797) Image search: [Google]
smugfast.png
478 KB, 397x797
>>6469204
I was doing an impression of Marcie from Peanuts sir
>>
Check out my gay Christian rock concept album
https://soundcloud.com/irradiatedpigeonfocuser/sets/my-gay-son-christian-and
>>
>>6468534
>Enjoy desecrating the Eucharist

Not confirmed yet, I don't partake. Also no mortal sin here.
>>
>>6469438
Gavin Mcinnes please go. You are not a good Catholic/Catechumen
>>
>>6469493

Better keep going to mass until I become one, then.
>>
File: burningheretics.jpg (47 KB, 720x477) Image search: [Google]
burningheretics.jpg
47 KB, 720x477
>>6469506
t. Martin "I didn't leave the pope kicked me out" Luther
>>
>>6469520

(Shrugs.) Intersexuality is largely unexplored theological territory, and unlike with homosexuality the few Biblical mentions are actually kind of ambiguous. We'll see how my priest feels when I talk to him about it. I've prayed on it and I genuinely think God is okay with it despite not having gone into the conversation with that assumption, but I know I'm an ignorant sinner and I'm willing to take my licks in purgatory if I've misinterpreted the Divine Will.
>>
>>6469681
Cardinal Marx go
>>
>>6468673
>What is so distinctive about our sin?

If you repeatedly commit the same sin, over and over again, without repenting or asking for forgiveness, you're NOT being a good Christian. Therefor, if you actively and unrepentantly engage in a homosexual lifestyle, you're the same as an unrepentant drunk, or adulterer, or murder, etc., because no one sin is greater than another in the eyes of god.

This is explicit in your religion. You can twist it around all you want and seek advice from others who twist it around to make yourself feel better and experience less cognitive dissonance, but in reality, you are living in opposition to what your religion explicitly teaches.
>>
>>6469713
Well technically in John's first epistle it says some sins are mortal, and some sins aren't so technically not all sin is equal, but in every one of Paul's homosexual acts are listed with others that make you ineligible for heaven.
>>
I've wanted to fuck other guys for as long as I've known it was possible to do so. I was really upset at first, because I figured sodomy couldn't be mutual and was necessarily rape, which is why it's considered such a horrible sin. Then I learned that there were guys known as "bottoms" who would not only let you stick it in them, but actually got off on it as well.

There are guys who want to fuck other guys and guys who want to get fucked by other guys - it's just too perfect of a situation to not have been intentional. For me, it actually proves that God exists and that He's fine with homosex. Why else would we have been provided with complementary partners?

>>6468414
>>6468693
>>6469713
I'm a Christian because I accept and follow Christ. He didn't say anything about homosexuality, but He said a lot against casting stones, which is what you're doing with your posts. You could try looking to your own sins before condemning the lifestyles of others. You're on 4chan's faggot board same as us, after all.
>>
>>6470201
>I'm a Christian because I accept and follow Christ. He didn't say anything about homosexuality, but He said a lot against casting stones, which is what you're doing with your posts.

Ehhh but his immediate successors did, kind of a strange place to draw the line when the entire Old Testament is considered at least relevant enough to include in the Bible, and if you don't put much stock in the Bible, one wonders what informs your ideas of God and Jesus in the first place. Also recall what Jesus said to the woman getting stoned: 'Go therefore and sin no more.'
>>
>>6470201
You aren't a Christian in any way shape or form. You're a moral therapeutic deist who wants to twist scripture to keep your bumchum while pretending you're a member of the religious majority. Bible-tip Every sin Jesus condemned was a sin that was an issue in Judea where he preached which homosex wasn't, every time he spoke of relationships he always spoke in the context of one man and one woman, Jesus is God so when God turned Sodom and Gomorrah to ash He did that, and Christ himself mandated St. Paul preach to the gentiles and gave his full teaching authority as an apostle so everything he taught was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
>b-but there's guys that liked to be fucked in the ass clearly God loves homosex
There's guys that like fucking men's wives, women that want to be fucked, and cucks that want to watch. Still a disgusting sin like what you and your boyfriend do.
>>
>>6470201
>You could try looking to your own sins before condemning the lifestyles of others. You're on 4chan's faggot board same as us, after all.

I'm not a Christian, you moron. I'm pointing out how idiotic it is to BE a Christian - particularly one who is an active homosexual. Hence why I called it YOUR religion.
>>
I'm not a Christian, but I want to put forward an idea I had about the supposedly anti-homosexual statements in the Bible. This is based on my knowledge of history. Obviously the Bible was written in ancient times, and was influenced by ancient culture. Something that was common in ancient culture, especially in both the middle east and of course Greek and Rome, was pederasty. Pederasty was the practice of (mostly) wealthy men having sex with young boys. Of course it was seen as a very indulgent sexual act, but interestingly, it was seen as somewhat taboo while also being a normal part of those societies and cultures. All the Abrahamic religions, including Christianity, are very much against gratuitous or indulgent sex acts. Sex outside of wedlock, prostitution, masturbation, etc. are seen as bad. So I'm guessing that the cultural role of pederasty affected the view of homosexuality. I'm interested in what any Christians here think of this idea. I haven't read much of the Bible.
>>
>>6470201
>I'm a Christian because I accept and follow Christ. He didn't say anything about homosexuality,
>HE didn't specifically say "being gay is a sin" so i can be a faggot!
This bullshit again. Christianity is about christ, following in jesus's impossible image and he emphasised purity, homosexuality is not purity in the bible.

You're all worse than the atheists, at least they separate themeselves from the religion, they don't join and disgustingly try to convince everyone god doesn't exist while being christian.

>John 24 Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words (clearly meaning the bible). The word (the bible ) that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father (god) who sent Me (jesus).
>>
>>6470253
I think it's wrong because there was plenty of peer to peer homosexuality in the ancient Mediterranean world, and even examples of loving homosexual romance (Sparta, Theban sacred band, etc.) and the Old Testament is also hard on homosexuality.
>>
>>6470263
Hmmmm, that's very true. I will have to think about that.
>>
>>6470253
>So I'm guessing that the cultural role of pederasty affected the view of homosexuality.
The greeks were very satanic/occult, modern gay secret societies morror the greek ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eC_4L89EIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6FwVXkHq8&list=PL7BDC26178CC5A3D6
>>
>>6470222
We have the Gospels. The Old Testament is useful only insofar as it helps us understand them.

>>6470231
Who are you to say whether or not I'm a Christian? Only God can judge me on that account (and He will). The fact remains that Jesus never spoke a word about homosexuality and you know it. God did not destroy Sodom because of homosexuality and Paul mandated himself. You're just flailing around now.

Homosexuality is a relatively benign aspect of the human condition and therefore its culmination is both natural and healthy. Cuckoldry is a perverse fetish. It's a wholly unfair (and cruel) comparison and I resent it.

>>6470240
Why do you even care?
>>
>>6470350
>The Old Testament is useful only insofar as it helps us understand them.
You don't count the OT? why?
>>
>>6470350
>Who are you to say whether or not I'm a Christian?
Maybe he actually read the bible.

>The fact remains that Jesus never spoke a word about homosexuality and you know it. God did not destroy Sodom because of homosexuality and Paul mandated himself.
>John 24 Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words (clearly meaning the bible). The word (the bible ) that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father (god) who sent Me (jesus).
And the bible itself is clear on not lying with another man.

>Why do you even care?
He probably cares because you're obnoxiously wrong to the point where gay people are annoyed.
>>
>>6470350
>Homosexuality is a relatively benign aspect of the human condition and therefore its culmination is both natural and healthy. Cuckoldry is a perverse fetish. It's a wholly unfair (and cruel) comparison and I resent it.
b8
>>
>>6470350
>faggot literally calling someone else's disgusting fetish unnatural (a choice perhaps)
You are not my brother in Christ
>>
>>6470350
So you're just going to ignore Jesus' words when he says Paul is his apostle to the gentiles
>>
>>6470350
>We have the Gospels. The Old Testament is useful only insofar as it helps us understand them.

That's not what the New Testament itself says though, it's not what theologians have posited for two-thousand years, and in any case the epistles condemn homosexuality as well.
>>
>>6470261
Jesus was the Word. John makes that very clear.

I don't believe any Christian seriously thinks that being homosexual is worse than being an atheist.

>>6470358
I'm not Jewish, so its significance is peripheral.
>>
>>6470442
>I don't believe any Christian seriously thinks that being homosexual is worse than being an atheist.
I'm a Christian and your atheism is worse than atheism. You claim to have Christ and are an unrepentant obstinate sinner. Atheists have some ignorance that lessens their culpability.

Luke 12:48
48 But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.
>>
>>6470460
*your homosexuality
>>
W-what happened to the other gay Christians here? I wasn't prepared to bear the brunt of this much hate. ;_;
>>
>>6470442
>Jesus was the Word. John makes that very clear.
It's both, jesus is the principals of bible come to life http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Bible-Word-God.html
>>
>>6470550
>Protestants
>Human
>>
>>6470577
Sjw protestants vs pegan catholics
>>
>>6470581
Homos using the same stupid arguments as Pastor Anderson is funny
>>
9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister[b] is still in the darkness. 10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister[c] lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. 11 But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them.

1 John chapter 2
>>
>>6470594
Nah I don't hate you.
You're just not a good Christian (or even a Christian at all).
>>
1 Corinthians 8New International Version (NIV)

Concerning Food Sacrificed to Idols
8 Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. 2 Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. 3 But whoever loves God is known by God.[a]

4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? 11 So this weak brother or sister, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12 When you sin against them in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.
>>
>>6470584
I come from a catholic family, the pope is bringing in the mono-new age religion, and promoting muslim mass immigration.

>homos
i'm not gay
>Pastor Anderson is funny
So much truth and he couldn't have kept his story straight or researched sikhism better...His move marching to zion and his small video on the holocaust was good, it's such a shame.
>>
Matthew 7:1-3New International Version (NIV)

Judging Others
7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
>>
>>6470600
New Living Translation
But if they can't control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It's better to marry than to burn with lust.

1 Corinthians 6:9
>>
>>6470619
Oh holy shit you're that kind of crazy
>>
>>6470594
>Loving someone who insults your god and pretends to be part of the religion.

Yeah lets just skip the part about not being faggots. This stupid "but jesus said to love thy neighbor" bullshit is pathetic. Kill yourself.
>>
In this day and age my local church is the only place where I've found some love and can still have faith in humanity
>>
>>6470635
I'm not crazy, there is a sign at auschwitz that says the documented number of dead jews is not 6 million https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/why-do-the-numbers-for-auschwitz-birkenau-keep-changing/
>>
To the Christians who reject their gay brothers in faith: why are you even here?
>>
>>6470681
You reject the faith
>>
>>6470681
Because it' not christian. I don't care if people are gay (even straight people have problems with sex only after marriage), but to look for loop holes about how you can be christian and go against what the son of the god taught, purity, is disgustingly parasitic.

You're not christians, and religion isn't about doing what you want or forcing the religion with your sexuality.

I'm here because you're wrong.
>>
>>6470708
So do you get sent a link every time a gay person identifies as a Christian on the internet or what?
>>
>>6470719
>implying the True Christian Internet Defense Force isn't real
>>
>>6468312
another self-hate general?
but we already have so many of those
>>
>>6470719
I'm a straight cis man who enjoys learning about lgbt, it's not as malicious as it sounds. Believe it or not i have a lot of compassion for lgbt people, even when they're wrong.

There are so many shallow, miserable people here, any religion could help them so greatly.
>>
>>6470719
He gets sent a link to this article: http://christianpost.com/news/jesus-miraculously-appearing-to-muslims-all-over-middle-east-says-christian-apologist-165438/
>>
>>6470743
If that's really how you feel, why are you trying to deny them hope in Christ?
>>
>>6470758
Because homosexuality is against the bible, be a buddist they don't have anything written against gays.

I understand that people use religion to get hope, but why choose the religion if you won't follow it? Why just choose a religion that lets you be gay?
>>
>>6470743
>I'm a straight cis man who enjoys learning about lgbt
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>
>>6470778
Your advice for gay people is to reject Christianity and pursue some form of heathenism instead? What kind of Christian are you?

Even if homosexuality is inherently sinful, would it still not be better for homosexuals to attend church, be exposed to Christ's message, and develop sympathetic attitudes toward Christianity, rather than being left to wallow is atheism or paganism?
>>
>>6470778
>[B]e a buddist [sic] they don't have anything written against gays.

Not quite true: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_sexual_orientation
>>
File: praise-the-lord.jpg (828 KB, 2192x1370) Image search: [Google]
praise-the-lord.jpg
828 KB, 2192x1370
Like the holy state of matrimony God and Nature intended sexual love to be between a man and a woman practicing normal, natural, healthy penis-vagina (ying-yang) sex chiefly for the purpose of procreation. Every other type of sexual practice (anal, oral, etc) deviates from Nature's design and has mental, emotional and physical consequences-which is why homosexuals (and heterosexual pervs) are mentally and physically the sickest and most diseased group of people on earth.

Now straights (like myself) who have been around gay men (not doused with perfume) have sensed a certain foul, sometimes utterly sickening odor about them which I call "gay-stench." But I could never understand the reason for it until I read this informative comment today posted on AOL News by cpjr66 about the hazards of anal sex:
>"The anus has one layer of red blood cells which protect its ability to rid the body of waste or feces. It is not a vagina. Penetration of the anus damages the layer of red blood cells, exposes the tissues of the broken layer to infection, scaring, and hemorrhaging into the anus. The muscles, tiny ligaments, and elastic tissue are also damaged and causes fecal leakage. This leakage of feces or body waste exudes an awful sometimes unbearable smell and is an affront to people near the person who has been penetrated numerous times....."

In other words, gays can be known by their smell and these so-called """men""" are abhorrent wastes of human life who deviate from God's plan.
>>
File: i-will-praise-him-psalm-28-7.jpg (96 KB, 900x718) Image search: [Google]
i-will-praise-him-psalm-28-7.jpg
96 KB, 900x718
>>6471909

Amen, brother
>>
>>6470927
>Your advice for gay people is to reject Christianity and pursue some form of heathenism instead?
Either way they're not worshipping god if they're identifying as gay or continue to sin as one. Being christian is difficult for straight people also so most don't.

It would be as if a chronic masterbator (inb4 the bible doesn't specifically speak against masterbation) wanted to be christian. There could be an end goal, a marriage and wife would eventually solve his problem. I don't see a gay man having the same closure or commitment.

Everyone is welcomed in church and to read the bible, but not everyone is ready to be a christian and follow jesus. I'd like to think that someday gay men figure an way they can work with the bible for their benefits as well as respecting the religion.

>41“Two men were debtors to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,c and the other fifty. 42When they were unable to repay him, he forgave both of them. Which one, then, will love him more?”

>43“I suppose the one who was forgiven more,” Simon replied.

>“You have judged correctly.” Jesus said.

>44And turning to the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? When I entered your house, you did not give Me water for My feet, but she wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45You did not greet Me with a kiss, but she has not stopped kissing My feet since I arrived. 46You did not anoint My head with oil, but she has anointed My feet with perfume. 47Therefore I tell you, because her many sins have been forgiven, she has loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.”

>48Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
>>
>>6470927
I find wallowing in the blatant ridiculousness of Christianity to be a much worse fate.
>>
>>6474178
t. Dawkins
>>
>>6468312
>christian
>literally ever
Please don't be retarded...
>>
>>6471909
what do you have against lesbians?
>>
>>6468525
ITT people try tp combine two Irreconcilable and incompatible lifestyles
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-cJzBPhl4o
>>
>>6474239
Wasn't quite Dawkins enough - I should have phrased it, "a far worse fate."

That would have sounded better.
>>
File: God is the God of Love.gif (1 MB, 421x256) Image search: [Google]
God is the God of Love.gif
1 MB, 421x256
>>6470741
I didn't start loving myself until I accepted Christ.
>>
>>6475177
Plenty of ways to learn to love yourself without resorting to fairy tales, senpai :3
>>
>>6475264
Exactly so give up the atheist fairy tail :3c
>>
>>6475264

Emphasis on FAIRY, right girls? (Hoots.)
>>
>>6475264
Don't be a fedora, anon.
>>
>>6475296
Makes no sense. How is the most logical standpoint the fairy tale?

>>6475441
kek

>>6475751
Ugh. That old trope. I can't wait until that meme dies. It's the epitome of "I don't have an argument so I'll call you a name."

You're better than that, anon ;)
>>
>>6475929
>How is the most logical standpoint the fairy tale?
I don't know
Poor atheists should give it up already
>>
>>6475945
Give up trying to get others to educate themselves and think reasonably and logically? I'm starting to agree with you there - it's pointless.
>>
>>6475955
I know
If only atheists could do it
>>
>>6475962
Meh - it was kinda cute the first couple of times you switched up atheists with Christians in the argument. Now I see that's about as far as your intellect can push itself. Typical. Speaks volumes about your cognitive abilities desu senpai.
>>
>>6475955
The real possibility of god existing is 1/2. Any other odds are just bias toward your preference.
>>
>>6475993
That's idiotic. That's like saying the real possibility of flying pink unicorns existing is 1/2 and the rest is up to preference.

That which there is no evidence for whatsoever does not stand a 50/50 chance of existing. That's a complete fallacy.
>>
To any other LGBT Christians, is it worth keeping the faith? I wonder about that sometimes but I honestly have no easy answers.
>>
>>6476024
Our understanding of reality is finite and fundamentally incomplete. The only information we truly have is that the possibilities are boolean. The only honest probability given available data is 1/2.
Yes, that is true for the unicorns as well, however the implications of unicorns being real are insignificant by comparison.
>>6476254
If it makes you a better person then stick with it. Don't listen to people who say you are a bad person if you need religion to be good. Being good is extremely difficult.
>>
>>6476254
That's a pointless question to ask, honestly. You're not looking for an unbiased opinion - it's naturally going to be biased since you're asking it directly to LGBT Christians. You're just looking for people to tell you what you want to hear.

Of course LGBT Christians are going to tell you it's worth it - they wouldn't consider themselves Christians otherwise. What you have to decide for yourself is "does it make sense to be a Christian and a practicing homosexual?" Like I said earlier in this thread, you can twist the bible around all you want to have it fit your agenda - it's pretty easy. I've seen examples of serial killers, pedophile priests, slave owners, ect. do it. But is that the logical, intelligent thing to do? I'm not saying being gay is equivalent to these things from a philosophically secular moral standpoint - of course it's not. But as far as Christianity is concerned, a sin is a sin, and homosexuality is sinful.

If you must be a theist, believe in a benevolent, understanding, forgiving god who will judge you based on how good of a person you are, but don't fall into the trap of Christianity or any organized religion for that matter - unless you want to spend the rest of your life fooling yourself by cherry picking and warping scripture to serve your agenda.

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to be a Christian, be a fucking Christian. Remain celibate if you're gay. Everyone has a cross to bear; desires and temptations they must fight against to remain good Christians. Being gay is yours. Have fun.

If you find the above recommendation distasteful, maybe you should reconsider Christianity as a belief system. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you think you can, you're fooling yourself.
>>
>>6476423
this tbqh
I know celibate gay Christians
>>
>>6476382
>The only honest probability given available data is 1/2.
>Yes, that is true for the unicorns as well, however the implications of unicorns being real are insignificant by comparison.

You have a shallow understanding of logic, statistics, and probability. You are fundamentally incorrect. You cannot assign a probability value to a question such as the existence of god. The truth is way more complex than 50/50.

http://www.askamathematician.com/2011/05/q-how-do-i-estimate-the-probability-that-god-exists/

So yeah - you're incorrect.
>>
>>6476473
>askanautistwhothinksDawkinsknowswhathe'stalingabout.com
>>
>>6476545
We are talking about statistics and probability. The link I posted was from a mathematician. Dawkins is a biologist, and this discussion doesn't involve him (or the field of biology) in any way, shape or form.

You literally have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>6476423
I think homosexuality has been blown so completely out of proportion by people like you.

Yes, it's a sin. I don't deny that. But so are plenty of other things that don't get nearly as much attention. You'd never see someone addicted to painkillers get told that he's not a Christian because of it. What is so particularly awful about homosexuality that warrants it being singled out all the time?

The point of Christianity isn't to achieve perfection, it's to accept that we are so thoroughly wretched that we can find salvation only through Christ. Of course, we are compelled to conduct ourselves accordingly, but it is impossible to not be found wanting in one area or another. This is where repentance comes in. God is merciful and understanding. You think a single vice discounts me from His grace? Your standards for what constitutes a "good Christian" are impossible.
>>
>>6468312

Christian who refuse to acknowledge that homosexual acts are sins are no Christians at all.

Genesis 2:24-25;
Exodus 20:14, 17, 22:19;
Leviticus 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16;
Matthew 19:4-6, 9;
Romans 1:18-31;
I Corinthians 6:9-10, 15-20;
I Timothy 1:8-11;
Jude 7
>>
>>6476772
So your plan is "sorry god - I know gay sex is a sin but I'm going to keep doing it and enjoying it, not making any attempt to repent or stop myself." And you think this is "good Christian" behavior?

How is that any different at all from continuing to lie, steal, cheat, or commit ANY other sin wantonly, unrepentantly, and ultimately taking joy in doing so? Would you think someone doing these things is being a good Christian? How is homosexuality any different? Exactly - it's NOT.

Now do you understand? I'm not singling homosexuality out AT ALL. I'm treating it as any other sin in the eyes of Christianity.

Yes - everyone sins, but good Christians repent for their sins and make an HONEST EFFORT to NOT commit those sins in the future. Saying "fuck it - gay sex doesn't count - I'm not sorry for it and I'm gonna continue doing it" is NOT being a good Christian by any stretch of the imagination. Your cognitive dissonance on this subject is truly palpable.

Ultimately, I think it's disgusting that Christianity has brainwashed you into believing your sexual orientation and who you fall in love with is a "vice." But that's my personal opinion.
>>
Is it degenerate and sinful for me to be taking hrt meds yet existing as an effeminate male? I've lost my sex drive entirely and basically have zero interest, I'm effectively celibate. Yet I've altered my body to be this androgynous freak.
>>
>>6477372
Don't have the exact passages on me, but the bible is pretty clear that effeminacy in men is sinful and degeneracy.

So no, you trannies are not in the clear.
>>
>>6477405
Effeminacy implied being woman-like in the moral sense - that is, being weak-willed and easily corrupted.
>>
>>6477405
I'm not a tranny though. Just a femboy popping pills for years. I don't try to appear female at all and I dress fairly normal, I'm just effeminate in appearance and just a weak sissy in general. But I've got no sexual perversion to me.
>>
>>6477357
see this video >>6468576
>>
>>6477773
Already watched it on Netflix months ago. Like I said - you can bend, stretch, manipulate, cherry-pick, and historically interpret the scripture to serve whatever agenda you want. In fact, the ease of which one is able to do this should be indicative of how flawed it is in the first place - hardly what one would expect from something divinely inspired which is supposed to serve as a basis for morality.

That being said, I've had time to sleep on this thread. If you really want to call yourself a Christian and be a practicing homosexual, knock yourself out. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I just think it's beyond ridiculous. Keep your religion private and out of public policy and we're cool.
>>
>>6470381
>The word (the bible )
The word could also be interpreted as the gospel.
>>
>>6480659
>divinely inspired which is supposed to serve as a basis for morality
Only a handful of biblical literalists believe the Bible is infallible.
>>
>>6468312
Really?!?
Wth?
Why.
>>
Maybe homosexuality isn't a sin.

Maybe it was a privilege.

And God took it away as punishment.

But I wouldn't know.
>>
>>6480743
The ones I've met believe it
>>
>>6480764
It's ALL GARBAGE!! How do people fall into this shit??? Its a damn cult. Don't people see that to think any person is better than another over some sky wizard. To get into some fake sky wizard club is STUPID!
>>
>>6480775

People are gonna do that no matter what. If it's not sky wizards it's presidents or kings or celebrities or footballs or waifus or all of the above.

At least these guys are going with the sky wizard who believes in forgiveness and mercy. Well, relative to the other sky wizards.

...I wish I were a sky wizard. That sounds awesome.
>>
>>6480775
It's like I'm actually on r/atheism. Random capitalization, and multiple exclamation marks and all.
>>
>>6480788
My auto text did it.

>>6480786
Its dumb though. I mean really? Forgive the guy that rapes your daughter? Death sentence to the man who steels bread to live? Do what ever the man wants because sky wizard said so?
Its stupid.
>>
>>6480815
Dat eisegesis
>>
>>6468312
>it gets better
dropped that shit harder than God dropped the 10 plagues on Egypt.
>>
>>6480815
> Death sentence to the man who steels bread to live?

wrong, God command ancient Israelis to leave the corners of their fields unreaped. thou shall not steal doesn't mean the poor starve .
>>
>>6480734
lgbt Christian here, the Bible isn't wrong but human understanding of it can be.
>>
>>6482032
I take it you're the one who truly understands it and everyone else is wrong, huh?
>>
>>6482151
no i only understand it as the Holy Spirit reveals it to me. He may speak to you differently from the same scripture passage .
>>
>>6482175
Jesus Christ...

The exclamatory remark, btw - not invoking the holy spirit.
>>
>>6482228
to be more precise, literalism says the bible IS the word of God,liberal feel good "Christianity" such as unitarianism say the Bible CONTAINS the word of God. I believe the bible BECOMES the word of God as the Holy Spirit reveals it.
>>
>>6468312
helpful link
http://www.gaychristian101.com/how-can-i-reconcile-being-lesbian-and-christian.html
>>
>>6477357
I made the argument in the previous thread that homosexuality ought to be regarded as an addiction in the same way that alcoholism is. For those of us with the predilection for it, the acts can have the effect of a drug. Just as the alcoholic can spiral out of control, I feel we cannot be entirely accountable for our sin. The circumstances are extenuating and that should be taken into consideration.

However, you're right that I should be doing more to seek help in dealing with this. It's true, like all sinners, that I enjoy my sin and want to continue doing it, but that doesn't mean I'm not sorry for it and am unrepentant. I never claimed to be an exemplary Christian, but I am a Christian nonetheless.
>>
>>6484817
what do you think of
>>6482268
>>6482175
>>
>>6484817

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmp6lLct-fQ
>>
I'm Messianic Jewish, does that count?
>>
>>6485165

Sure. Mostly at least.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Turns out if you're gay and like ftms you're in the clear
>>
>>6485165
yes
>>
>>6485400
does this apply to trans-lesbians?
>>
File: 19740123114.gif (4 MB, 387x194) Image search: [Google]
19740123114.gif
4 MB, 387x194
>mfw atheists are so miserable in their lives
>mfw atheists go out of their way to come to religious thread because they are so butthurt

Threadly reminder that atheists have brain damage.
http://scan.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/10/10/scan.nsv107.abstract?sid=cfaec7de-aeeb-4e1d-a14e-392cdad111ad
>>
>>6489063
Hey! I happen to be very happy and successful, thank you very much!

And do I really have to post the correlative data showing that atheism increases with education and IQ?

Are you really gonna make me do that senpai?
>>
>>6485400
no dick no deal
>>
File: 1460441085752.png (1 MB, 3250x1700) Image search: [Google]
1460441085752.png
1 MB, 3250x1700
>>6485400
>like ftms
>gay

>>6489063
image related
>>
File: wLPbuX-quote.jpg (96 KB, 1052x754) Image search: [Google]
wLPbuX-quote.jpg
96 KB, 1052x754
>>6489266
>education
You mean university indoctrination. Years attending universities =/= education. Probably the same studies that say liberal ideas increase as years in university increase. But as we have seen, scientists can shut off parts of the brain via magnets and cause a person to become more atheist and liberal (liberals and atheists are both brain damaged)
>>
Christianity is the worst meme
>>
Muslim /lgbt/ welcomed ?
>>
File: arab qt.jpg (139 KB, 500x602) Image search: [Google]
arab qt.jpg
139 KB, 500x602
>>6491444
All children of God are welcome. :3
>>
>>6491444
what do you think of
>>6469221
>>
>>6491425
You literally have no idea how to interpret a scientific study.

It's also funny you rail against education, scientific studies and IQ and then misinterpret evidence from ANOTHER scientific study to push your batshit insane viewpoint.

Just another emotionally driven, scientifically illiterate theistic idiot. Not that I really care - I'm more than used to your kind, sadly. Run along and be an idiot all you want - just keep your religious beliefs away from me and out of government policy.
>>
>>6494232

*tips fedora*
>>
>>6494300
These days, I take that as a compliment.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.