[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other trannies here not experience much/any dysphoria? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 720x540
Any other trannies here not experience much/any dysphoria? I only experience some dysphoria I guess when I'm not wearing anything to cover up my boobs and I'm afraid people will think I'm a butch lesbian. But other than that I have no issues. I like my boipussy.
>>
>>6466047
That's essentially how I am, though a few months into T, I realized I had more dysphoria than I thought, simply because the physical changes I was going through were so much better than the masculine advantage I thought I had naturally.

Also my boobs are small enough that I forget I have them but I still want top surgery some day. I'm completely fine with everything downstairs, once menstruation stopped.
>>
>>6466047
I get bad dysphoria about my boobs when I'm laying in bed and I can feel their presence, but for some reason seeing them in the mirror doesn't bother me. Hopefully I'll be free of dysphoria after top surgery. I'm fine with downstairs.
>>
>>6466261

I'm not on T yet so still get my period. That brings some dysphoria but because of the PMS I get emotional over any shit. My chest is small too so I doesn't bother me that much regularly.
>>
File: not nice.jpg (23 KB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
not nice.jpg
23 KB, 300x242
>uber skelly so no period
>No hips or tits for same reason
>Keeps dysphoria low so it's manageable
>Go to therapist to get T
>"You're so skinny, anon. Such a frail little girl"
TRIGGERED. REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>6467225

It's ok anon. ;-;
>>
>>6467225
you sound cute :3
>>
>>6467225
youre a hungry skelly boy eat some grapenuts
>>
Uh.. I hope this does not come off as me being a jerk, but do any of you experience AAP? Quite often when I run into pre-everything aspiring MtFs who do not experience dysphoria they admit to some degree of AGP. Doesn't invalidate them, mind.
>>
>>6470249
There are tons of AAP FtMs.
First signs are...
>Fujoshit
>Really into yaoi and is probably spends way too much time watching anime
>often overweight, but refuses to workout to look more masculine because they don't actually have dysphoria
>Rarely ever actually work to pass at all, and wears clothes that no self-respecting man would ever wear
>Desperately want to be in the cool kids club, but aren't actually lesbian, so they transition and still have sex with guys

Those kind of girls are often just trying to live out their fantasies of being a gay guy like they see in their yaoi anime. Happens all the time.
>>
>>6470351
That's not what AAP/AGP actually means though. For some individuals it is just a fetish while for others it develops into a full-blown orientation. We can recognize the existence of these conditions without belittling individuals who suffer from them.
>>
>>6470439
That IS what it means, according to the man who wrote the study on it. Blanchard may be a bigoted dickhead, but if you're going to use his typology, then use it. AAP and AGP are fetishes according to him, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't transition. It does mean that they aren't in the same boat as someone who truly experiences gender dysphoria, though. Their understanding of their sexuality is mistargeted towards themselves, and their misguided ideas of what womanhood/manhood are. I'm not trying to belittle them, but by definition I'm going to have to call them fetishists, and not honest to god transgender guys.
>>
>>6470552
well no, the whole point was to learn more about mtf transgenders. both the groups he talked about were considered trans and so experienced dysphoria. the two groups were suggested because exclusively androphilic mtfs were far less likely to report having autogynephilic tendencies, hence the hypothesis that dysphoria arose differently in each group
>>
>>6470552
>TFW fujoshit with gay fetish
>thought that's all it was for many years
>a few years ago, really start to look at myself
>realize why I've always felt like shit about myself
>feel like its too late for this realization and I won't be taken seriously anyway
>suffer in silence and cope best I can
>never tell anyone why I'm so depressed, never be comfortable in relationships, cry myself to sleep too often about it

I'm sure there are far too many who legitimately just have a fetish, but desu I feel like its also kind of a gateway to discovering somedeep-rooted self-loathing.

I even still question myself if my feelings are "legitimate" and push myself around About it

>other people have it worse than you
>you have no right to feel that way
>you're just a disgusting fetishist
>etc.

But at the end of he day the dysphoria is real.
>>
>>6470552
It is more complicated than that, even according to Blanchard himself. See:
>>6421830
>>6421855

AGP/AAP in its least severe form can be just a fetish but in the most chronic form it can develop into an orientation, bringing about genuine dysphoria alongside with AGP/AAP. Blanchard's typology is more about historical causes than the end result.
>>
>>6466047
I don't experience too much of it. My big problem is the stubble/beard shadow. I can be having a good day, feeling fine, and catch a glimpse of it there.

Everything fucking ruined, internal struggle, self-loathing, you're a fraud, and so on...

Adam's apple to a much lesser extent since I learned to conceal it.
Everything else I can deal with. Going to laser consult in two days. Maybe I can finally be over this. It ruins my confidence, I won't wear skirts or feminine clothing because I know it's there.
>>
>>6470853
Hey, give this a read. About AGP rather than AAP but the conditions are mirror images of one another so it might help you too.
>>6470911
>>6422616
>>6422666
>>6429606
>>
File: Screenshot_261.png (60 KB, 223x221) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_261.png
60 KB, 223x221
>>6466047
I didn't really have TOO intense dysphoria until getting with my boyfriend who has a ginormous string of beautiful, petite, big titted, delicate framed cis girls.

Now it's really easy for me to experience burning, suicidal inducing dysphoria.
>>
>>6470911

Also Blanchard thought AGP competed with a man's conventional hetrosexuality, once it became an orientation.

I've experienced my AGP escalate during my life. My bell may ring one day. :)

>>6470351

>TFW AAP exsists
>Blanchard coudn't have possibly observed it because he did his research in the 80s/90s
>The conditions to trigger AAP and FTM transiton in AAP capable girls didn't exsist.
>>
>>6470249
>AAP
The fuck is AAP? Never heard of it.
>>
>>6466047
>Any other trannies here not experience much/any dysphoria?
I would say I don't experience much... Most issues I have are with my body, body/facial hair and voice. Penis doesn't bother me (though I'd much rather have a proper vagina not some neo shiet). Gender roles and what not aren't too big of an issue eitehr since I consider myself a tomboy (though I'd prefer to not get sir'd all the god damn time)...

Only really have major dysphoria when I look at cutesie cis and trans girls...
>>
>>6466047
I actually experience it quite a lot and have done ever since I was a young teen. During puberty I began to develop a very hourglass figure and have 34DD boobs that are difficult to hide with binding.

I'm 5'6/5'7 (not actually sure anymore, I think I grew a bit since I last measured a few years ago), so I don't experience much height dysphoria. I'm taller than some of my male friends most of the female ones and that's okay with me.

Bottom dysphoria kills me because I know there's no end in sight.

I hope that when T starts finally showing me some real results in terms of fat redistribution, in combination with lifting, I'll be able to pay less attention to my ass, too.
>>
File: giphy-15.gif (2 MB, 236x185) Image search: [Google]
giphy-15.gif
2 MB, 236x185
>Doesn't expeirence dysporia
>Transistions anyway
Huh?
>>
>>6467225
lift more faggot lol
>>
>>6471031

Even imagining myself in that position makes me want to kill myself.
>>
File: 1466951529013.jpg (740 KB, 2184x1706) Image search: [Google]
1466951529013.jpg
740 KB, 2184x1706
Anyone care to explain this?
>>
>>6466047
genuinely curious, if you don't have any dysphoria why do you consider yourself trans?
>>
>>6472814
Autoandrophilia.
>>
>>6472948
Some people experience gender euphoria rather than dysphoria and choose to transition because of that. Like, they're okay with being their birth gender for the most part but life just feels really bland and boring but thinking about or presenting as their preferred gender makes them happy and excited.

I like looking at it like its a steak. Sure one straight off the grill can be good and you'll probably eat it all no problem.. but fuck me if some seasoning or marinade/sauce wouldn't make it just that much better and if that's the case.. why not go for it? Ain't changing the taste of anyone else's steak but your own anyways.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.