[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain this too me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 1466846070438.jpg (71 KB, 540x477) Image search: [Google]
1466846070438.jpg
71 KB, 540x477
so apparently so groups dropped out of the San Francisco pride march because they protested the increased police presence. That makes no sense to me, more police equals faster response time and makes it harder to do an Orlando style attack, why would it make them less safe the cops aren't going to go out of their way to attack gays in one of the most liberal citys in the country link here http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Protesting-higher-SF-Pride-security-3-groups-bow-8324282.php
>>
Because people have a very negative view of police (which is expected given they are the most incompetent and hateful of all the emergency groups)
>>
>>6457778
Hi so I know the leaders and speakers of these groups.

The SF police has a ling history of assaulting, abusing and mistreating black and brown people, homeless and poor people and sex workers.

The illusion that is "police keeps us safe" comes from the notion that police protect you but when you've dealt with their abuses as I have you realize it's just not real.

Mind you just across the bridge a child trafficking and sexual abuse ring was found out within Oakland Police department and things like that exist here as well.

Once again black, brown and poor folks are abused by police, many awarded for their services "curving sex work" all while pimping out underage girls and raping women.
>>
>>6457778
Considering the big groups are Black Lives Matter, a sex worker group and a group for transgender prisoner rights, I think opposing the police should be an obvious move. Police simply do not have a good track record with marginalized people.
>>
>>6457812
well that does it. I always have been on the cynical side but that's fucked up, although this does increase my feeling that every citizen who is mentally able to should be armed.
>>
>>6457886
Asking black and brown people to arm themselves is only asking for more police to attack us.

I was walking around at night and they tried to say I was a prostitute and have me arrested it wasn't until they heard my voice and the way I engaged them (I gave upper middle class "let me speak to your manager") that they realized they couldn't book me and it stick.

If I had a gun on my person i'd likely be dead before I even got the chance to speak.

Ever been Black in a white well to do area walking around? Cops stopping you because people there called talking about suspicious activity. Cops are the only problem. The people who believe the cops are their enforcers of social order are a problem as well.
>>
>>6457925
Yeah, I had a friend get hit with a prostitution charge because she was black, walking around a bad area of NYC at night, and had condoms in her purse. If she had a gun in that purse, I seriously do not believe she'd still be alive.
>>
>>6457789
You're full of shit, police are the only ones keeping society in order. If it weren't for them, someone would break into your place and steal your computer tonight.

>>6457846
>Black Lives Matter
An anti-police hate group funded by the Democrat political machine decided to pull out?

Oh no! How terrible. /sarcasm
>>
>>6457925
>Asking black and brown people to arm themselves is only asking for more police to attack us.
If you're legally armed they have no reason to arrest you. The police are the enforcers of social order. Not trusting the police leads to anarchy and societal collapse.
>>
>>6458034
Try telling that to the black weeb in Utah killed for having a toy katana.

You are really naive. Well intentioned maybe but very unaware.
>>
>>6458052
Now the people in Utah know that you don't carry what looks to be a long blade out in public. It doesn't matter what his race was, if you carry a sword around outside of a Ren Fair or a Weeb Convention you're considered armed and dangerous.

And he wasn't compliant to the police and he was armed. Doesn't matter what your race is: you're going to get shot.
>>
>>6458074
You really believe the police statements. The same statements that said he charged at them only for the corner to say based on gun shots he was running away?

This is what I mean, you believe cops are just and fair. They are not OPD proves that. NYPD proves that. SFPD proves that. Many departments prove that.

Racial biases do in fact exist and are a powerful force in police violence.
>>
>>6458098
Racial biases exist for a reason. For instance, a black man is 11 times more likely to murder someone than a white man in the same societal class.

Not all cops are just and fair, but most of them are. Having faith and working with the police helps society become better and more unified.

There should be more people riding with the police, recording what they do to keep them honest.
>>
>>6458124
That is the biggest pile of entitled naive bullshit i have ever read in my life. Thank you for that. I now know what it is to feel retarded just because i read something That fucking stupid
>>
>>6458124
The degree with which crime exists is not one directly based on ones genetic make up.

It's related to economic marginalization, the taking away of industry from the urban core, the after affects of the school to prison pipeline and the war on drugs.

The police terrorism that exists in black and brown communities does not only occur to those who are criminals but to anyone of blacks and brown skin.

Fuck the police and their treatment of the disenfranchised, they have never been an asset to the communities they instill fear and desire power.

I'm happy that your experiences with police are great to the extent that you actually believe what you believe but they don't treat many groups like that: these are isolated incidences this is a systemic matter based on the police as a strong arm of White interests historically and contemporarily.
>>
>>6458148
>Fuck the police
This kind of attitude is why you can't get along with the police. Being rebellious really does feel good but you're only hurting yourself. Also, committing crimes or covering up the crimes of others will generally also get you on their bad side.

You wouldn't have to treat the police as outside of the community you just let them in and worked with them.

But if you assume the police are corrupt and act like their guilty all the time how are do you think they're going to treat you?

tl;dr treat the police better and they'll treat you better
>>
>>6458179
Satire...
>>
>>6458179
The police and their history in black communities was hostile from the very beginning. the policing of black bodies and the way it has and continues to be is not because of black people but rather because of the police force and it's historic and contemporary role in subjugation.

While at this point I recognize you aren't willing to understand the sentiments many marginalized people face I do wish you a happy pride. I'm going to a house party so deuces.
>>
File: propagnada.jpg (65 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
propagnada.jpg
65 KB, 500x370
>>6458195
Again, if black communities worked with the police and let them in and were their friends, things would be more harmonious.

Instead, black communities treat the police with suspicion while the police have to have their guard up all the time on black streets.

It's a lose-lose situation. Why not try to break the cycle?
>>
>>6458220
Police have power, black people don't. That's like asking sheep to not be nervous around wolves.
>>
Lot of Antifa bullshit always gets involved with the things like Pride and they just see the police as some kind of evil face of fascism. I don't believe in America but I love the police here and they're the few people I still see as heroes and not corrupt assholes. The Anifa keeps attacking them only because they just want something to do.
>>
>>6458225
Any organized people, including black people, have plenty of power. That's why the police don't enter certain neighborhoods at night.

Doesn't matter what I say, you're speaking out of your ass and feel sorry 'for those poor black people'. If a black guy mugged you, you would probably feel sorry for him because "he's so poor he's gotta mug people to make a living".
>>
>>6458028
Cops are just like any other gang except they're sponsored by the government.
>>
>>6457778
Black people pretending to be victims, and wanting to hijack any and every group that can give them attention.
>>
>>6457812
I don't know about the "brown" part there, there are tons of Indians in SF and practically all of them work in the tech field and are the 1% of the city's population. I feel like, if I was the police and I saw Indian looking fellow, I'd sooner assume he's some tech millionaire than he's some poor bastard I can abuse.
>>
File: Viper_cae062_5726049.jpg (82 KB, 614x1024) Image search: [Google]
Viper_cae062_5726049.jpg
82 KB, 614x1024
>>6457778
Off topic I know. but that is the sussex bacon company which is in my town. Just actually got back from a friends house and his dad works for them.
>>
File: a slut.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
a slut.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>6458028
>You're full of shit, police are the only ones keeping society in order.
I bet you think the War On Drugs and Gun Control are good ideas too!
>>
>>6458098
>based on gun shots he was running away
That means fuck-all, people have been hit with several shots and spun around as they dropped, leading to some bullets technically hitting the assailant in the back, despite the assailant advancing towards the shooter.

I'd want an actual detailed report on what that coroner said, as well as statements by witnesses, there's way too much fucking room for wild speculation with a phrase like "the coroner said it looked like he was shot in the back" which can imply any number of things.
>>
>>6457778
Because liberals want LGBT to be synonymous with MIKE BROWN WUZ A GUD BOI HE DIN DO NUFFIN DEM COPS B RACISS
>>
>>6457812
>all brown people

No.

Shut the fuck up.

No.

I'm a "brown" person (Jordinian) and TWICE my family's store has been robbed by blacks and been arrested by the cops. I'm fucking glad. Stop acting like all us "brown" people are in agreement with you you piece of shit. You don't fucking speak for us. It's the black community we've been victims of, the police are the only thing that brought our robbers in.

You remind me of all those liberals who said cops don't care about brown people during Mile Brown. WELL WHAT RACE WAS THAT STORE OWNER? He was an Indian/Paki man who was violently assaulted (watch the video) and the cop was trying to bring his thief to justice.

Fuck you, you enable the victimization of immigrants by the black community.
>>
>>6458148
>white interests

And the interests of minorities trying not to be victims of robbery as I have said before, but fuck immigrants, side with the criminals scum.
>>
>>6459202
Dude what are you talking about?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=R5ga8xM8W4M

Look how that privileged Indian man forced the black man to rob him!

He should have united against the cops, it's his own fault!
>>
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-racist-police-text-messages-review-20150317-story.html

SF locals rightfully distrust their local police force. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with LGBT politics though. People in general don't trust the police. Doesn't matter what social group they may belong to.
>>
>>6460119
Oh no! There are cops who sent racist and homophobic texts?

This article really drives your point home! I can't see memeberd of any other line of work sending stupid shit like that. Quality post my dear anon.
>>
>>6460119
Depends on the police department. Generalizations like this is detrimental to communities.
>>
>>6460246
Bay Area seems generally to have some of the shittiest cops, like the LAPD.
Can't speak for the SFPD but they're probably shit too.
>>
>>6460005
sadly yeah
just like they've been half successful in making people believe BLM is a good representation of ALL blacks.
>>
If you hate police, you should automatically be unable to have the police right any crimes against you.

Someone stole your purse? Tough shit.
>>
>>6459649
Strangely enough while Indians are all over the place I've actually never seen a neighborhood of then except in San Jose
>>6459995
I suggest you look into the report before posting, he literally ran away because he was a black autistic weeb with anger pointed at him.
>>6460030
I didn't say all brown and secondly the middle eastern Muslim communities face challenges non-muslim black and brown (given this context latino) communities don't face.

In the context of police brutality these past few years it's been native and Latino groups speaking on red and/or brown challenges and I am using their language.

Secondly that store owner himself stated Brown didn't steal anything. There are a number of articles inhumane stating that.
>>
>all these minority queer groups
>only black queers/trannies are acting like baboons
P O T T E R Y
>>
>>6460471
>>6460005
Gurley literally wasn't doing anything as was Garner and many others.
>>
>>6460472

That would be fine by me if vigilantism weren't illegal. I'd had no qualms about killing anyone who messed with me or those I care about, and I've love nothing more than to keep the government completely out of my business.

Unfortunately your proposition doesn't work, because the police will get involved anyway if you use any degree of force in response to a threat.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 640x664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 640x664
>>6460477
>Secondly that store owner himself stated Brown didn't steal anything

His friends sure came back and did though.

You think this guy sides with BLM or the cops?
>>
>>6460509
How do we know it was Brown's friends? We know that the riot destroyed a number of businesses owned by black and non-black a like.
>>
ITT:
>if you don't like our police-state version of 1984, you're clearly a libcuck
>>
>>6460523
It was people acting in his behalf that did this not the oppressive police

>>6460544
Have you even read 1984?
>>
>>6460040
You're implying blacks aren't the ones who face the most from black crime and that there are no black immigrants.
>>
>>6460553
>version of
Have you even read the post?
>>
>>6460553
A riot has many components to it. the people out there supporting him were marching and ping demonstrations with the family and neighborhood he came from. other opportunistically rooted and stole but that happens everywhere there is an uprising, that isn't unique to Ferguson.
>>
>>6460557
>our police-state version of 1984
so it isn't 1984 at all
adding "our version of" to labels doesn't make that label correct, it's simply a cheap cop-out
>>
File: 1984_by_alcook-d4z39dh.jpg (1 MB, 1408x2142) Image search: [Google]
1984_by_alcook-d4z39dh.jpg
1 MB, 1408x2142
>>6460544
>1984, a police state
>not a a metaphor for Stalin-lead USSR
Distrusting the police and only trusting your gangs and the lobbyists that you believe are on your side will lead to 1984-like government being put into place.
>>
>>6460561
That's why I want police to exist, because when shit hits the fan I demand protection from the rioting animals
>>
>>6462335
>cops
>defending during a riot
m8 you're better off arming yourself and your friends to defend your properties, the cops are gonna be spread thin as fuck during a riot
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.