[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does /lgbt/ feel about the redefinition of what "transgender"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: fuckery.png (69 KB, 889x756) Image search: [Google]
fuckery.png
69 KB, 889x756
how does /lgbt/ feel about the redefinition of what "transgender" means and it's transition from referring primarily to binary trans men and women who experience dysphoria and being trans as a primarily medical issue to just "has an unconventional gender identity" like "genderfluid" or "genderflux" (which are definitely totally separate and nuanced identities)
>>
As an actual transsexual I hate it.

Melt slowflakes
>>
>>6456145
>>6456165
Same. Melt snowflakes should be a new motto for trans activism.
>>
i feel like all the nonbinaries should be grouped under the Q not the T of lgbtq

they're queer and they don't transition

it's just wacky identity politics for them, not actual suffering and dysphoria
>>
>>6456145
>referring primarily to binary trans men and women who experience dysphoria and being trans as a primarily medical issue
that's not what it initially meant tho

>>6456217
most NB i've actually seen transitioned to the opposite sex

i wouldn't say it's the majority overall but certainly there's some overlap between them and regular transsexuals
>>
>>6456165
>>6456180
Same.
>>
>>6456217
Well, I'm non-binary and I've been taking testosterone long enough to pass as a guy and intend on getting top surgery when I can afford it. That transitioning enough to be under transgender?
>>
>>6456775
yes. you're transgender, but for some reason u like to call urself nonbinary...... idk why lol. its literally the same thing basically..... most likely, you just don't want to be a man, and have to be privileged, which you're afraid of
>>
>>6456846
Because I'm not really comfortable or super happy with being a dude either, but I can handle it and am no longer a sudicial miserable useless sack of shit.
>>
I don't mind. I just feel liek we dont need all these words to understand that everyone experiences gender differently.
>>
>>6456217
I feel very similarly to u anon. im trans and i feel as though tacking on all these less and less believable genders onto the movement is undermining the cause and making it harder for people to take me seriously. I dont want to be close minded though, could someone who identifies as trans but not mtf/ftm way explain why its different but still under the same term?
>>
I don't mind genderfluidity/agenderism/androgyny whatsoever, as long as you're not intentionally rubbing it in people's faces. Have you guys noticed that there is essentially no difference between most of these and genderfluidity? Every single ultra-subtle difference in gender identity doesn't need a special term and a useless flag ffs.
>>
>>6456145
I dunno I'm a trans guy and I think your categorization of ftm and mtf folks "who experience dysphoria and being trans as a primarily medical issue" Is definitely wrong. I get my hormones in the mail and besides that have basically no medical interaction, everything is social navigation about gender if gender is even something that comes up.
Also what I think you are trying to say is that people who use to call themselves and maybe still do "transsexual" is being broaden under the
trans" umbrella of gender identities, but since they never just called themselves trans there is no co option happening,
Basically I think you are confused about how people have been identifying their genders the last few decades and not only have a narrow perspective but also just seem to assume things that are not accurate?
>>
>>6457416
not medical as in with a doctor, dumbdumb
>>
>>6457302
Because trans is an umbrella term for anyone whose gender identity does not match their biological sex. Nonbinary people also experience dysphoria (if people want to call it that, and it seems people in this thread do).
>>
>>6457426
Plenty of non binary people do some level of gender transition with a doctor "dumbass". Meaning plenty of people who use "they" pronouns and see themselves somewhere in between take hormones or have surgery.
>>
>>6457467
>not as in with a doctor
>>
>>6457468
What do you think you are communicating?
"binary" trans people and "nonbinary" trans people both interact with doctors and the medical community in their transitions.
Use your words like an adult instead of spewing nonsense.
>>
>>6456145
I think it is unnecessary that nonbinary people were lumped with binary trans under the "transgender" umbrella. I feel like transgender should be to describe those who have dysphoria and those that don't should be "genderqueer" or some other such term.

Too fucking late now though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.