[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here clinically depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
Anyone else here clinically depressed?
>>
>>6454144
im sure 1/2 the board is
>>
>>6454150
Yeah probably :/ I guess they wouldn't be on here otherwise
>>
>>6454144

I'm on Welbutrin and Latuda. I'm I the only one who feels like a zombie?
>>
>>6454144
Clinically depressed and schizophrenic. I am on anti depressants.
>>
>>6454177
I've never even heard of those
>>
I am on the antidepressant cipralex
>>
File: 1458539826278.jpg (124 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458539826278.jpg
124 KB, 640x640
>>6454144
I'm on prozac but I think it might be working. Either that or most of my bad feelings just went away on their own. I'm still a shit person unable to make friends or interact with people tho.
>>
>>6454144
I was diagnosed and used to be on happy pills, but now I realize that those pills are fucking poison, like mostly everything from big pharmaceutical companies. I still have my issues but I am so much better without "anti-depressants", I encourage everyone here to stop taking those kinds of pills if you are taking them and to NEVER go to a doctor for your emotional health, only for physical maladies. When it comes to emotional health doctors cannot help you only make you worse.
>>
>>6454363
This is so true. I used to take antidepressants and every single type fucked me up pretty badly.
>>
I'm on SNRIs to treat my depression and anxiety/manage my neuropathy

I went in to my uni counseling department last semester, got access to the meds. Supposedly I was to keep going there weekly, but I don't really want to -- my therapist wants me to start going to intensive outpatient group therapy shit because it's the summer

I'd rather shitpost
>>
>>6454144
I have treatment resistant depression, been ill for seven years now. I recently started a MAOI, so I am hoping for some success with it.

It had nothing to do with my sexuality mind you, I don't actually interact with anyone off the internet.
>>
>>6454144
I'm on Xanax
Should I just drink alcohol with it it and just let go?
>>
Probably

but I just smoke weed and drink beer, I've never taken an anti-depressant in my life
>>
>>6454363

You shouldn't tell people to go against medical advice, even though I agree with you that those pills are poison.

In my case, starting physical exercise was more effective than taking paroxetine.
>>
>>6454560
But going against medical advice worked so well for me.
>>
>>6454560
SSRIs are pretty ineffective in many cases, the older antidepressants, like MAOIs, are much more powerful, but you're unlikely to get a prescription for them unless you have been depressed for years and nothing has worked.
>>
Do MAOIS make you fat like regular drugs?
>>
>>6455162
It depends, Tranylcypromine (Parnate) tends to cause weight loss, Phenelzine (Nardil) can cause weight gain. These are the two most commonly used MAOIs, which isn't saying much. Side effects, such as weight gain/loss are often temporary.
>>
>>6455162
>>6455236
I would say that Tranylcypromine is a very good antidepressant, I have heard of people who have been depressed for decades, who have tried every other treatment (including ECT), getting much better on it in just a few weeks. You have to follow the MAOI diet as long as your on it, though, a pretty insignificant loss I would say.
>>
File: bowerbird-4.jpg (55 KB, 273x273) Image search: [Google]
bowerbird-4.jpg
55 KB, 273x273
>>6454485
Alcohol's just going to make it worse sweetie. The people recommending exercise are right.

Pic not related.
>>
>>6454485
no mixing alcohol and xanax is the most retarded thing you can do
>>
>>6456719
It's a pretty good idea for mild depression, it's very difficult for people with severe depression to exert themselves, though. Interesting, in the most severe depression, the person is catatonic, they cannot move at, stop drinking and eating, too. A friend of mine was prone to catatonic depression, and they were completely non-responsive, like they were in a trance. She needed ECT to get out of it.

Alcohol certainly is not a good idea, alcohol plus depression could easily lead to alcoholism.
>>
Yeah, I take Lexapro and Welbutrin.
But now my problem is that I have such hard time focusing at work, I don't know if it is the medicine or depression, or something else like ADHD. I'm wondering if I should get Adderall prescription or illegally, or amphetamines.
>>
>>6456810
Lack of concentration is a symptom of depression. Though, I have heard anecdotes of this sort concerning SSRIs.
>>
im on lexapro, trileptal, and latuda. BAM I WIN MOFOS!!!! hahahahhahahaha #POSTYOURMEDS #PLEASE
>>
>>6456877
I'm the MAOI guy, so Tranylcypromine. Though, I have only been on it a week.
>>
File: asttt.png (1 MB, 800x902) Image search: [Google]
asttt.png
1 MB, 800x902
>>6454363
>>6454391
>>6454560
>>6454578
I'm currently on treatment with Escitalopram Oxalate. My psychiatrist prescribed it to me because of medium level depression. I couldn't do shit all day, didn't had energy or willpower to do nothing and was abandoning all my hobbies, slowing giving up on university and couldn't stand a day, always had this feeling of agony.

My father doesn't give a shit because he's 50 and he smoke weed everyday/drink alcohool on weekends.
But my mother has self-medicating herself with Fluoxetine every single day, for the past 20 years.

I didn't understood, why these kinds of meds are poison? I'm worried because i don't like the idea of being controlled by pills for the rest of my life (even if i'm considering HRT lol), but if i stop taking them i'll probably become a neet and kill myself.
>>
>>6457054
Calling SSRIs poison is something of a hyperbole, some people have bad side effects on them, but this is by no means guaranteed, I for example have been on numerous medications (including three SSRIs and an SNRI) with no side effects, and as far as drug go SSRIs are really, really tame.

Indeed, that's about the only thing going for them, my main problem with SSRIs is that they're not particularly effective drugs, they work okay for some people, but many get no relief from SSRIs, as evidenced by the high rate of treatment-resistant depression (defined usually as failing courses of two different, usually S(N)RI, drugs) at about 40% of all clinical depressions.

As far as drugs are concerned, the older drugs are generally better, the MAOIs are much better than the SSRIs, but they are rarely prescribed anymore due to exaggerated food interactions. Still, I managed to get a prescription.

This guy, a psychiatrist and psycho-pharmocologist, has a lot of interesting information of the effectiveness of old drugs, and the lack of effectiveness of new drugs:

http://www.psychotropical.com/anti-depressants/maois
>>
>>6457054
the way I see it if the drug helps you and without it you cannot function or be happy who really cares what others say about it. I don't like the idea of being dependant either but you can try to use the pills to improve your life and get to a point where you can try going off them.
>>
anyone fucking hate it when you see some tripfag give advice on this shit that's like "well just put you'reself out there more. spend more time doing things you love. love yourself more and get a partner to share that love with"
>>
>>6454144
Clinical depression isn't real. It's a scam made up by pharmaceutical companies.
>>
>>6458466
yeah
it's a good advice but for preventing relapse once you dig yourself out of it
>>
>>6458476
This
ever wonder why when anti-depressants don't work, the solution is always "well just try another one"
>>
>>6458513
SSRIs are pretty awful, but there are some ADs that work well, like MAOIs, they're just rarely used.

Besides, it wouldn't make sense for psychiatrist to prescribe psychotherapies, like CBT, if it was merely a drug selling enterprise. It also wouldn't make much sense for a psychiatrist to prescribe off-patent drugs if that were the case.

So, yeah, newer ADs are pretty awful, but some of the older ones are quite good.

This guy goes into a lot of detail on his website:

http://www.psychotropical.com/anti-depressants/maois
>>
>>6454150
I don't think so. Depressed people who seek attention are simply roaming in this kind of thread whereas the others mostly ignore it. Without taking each board in consideration, overall I would say 4chan has pretty healthy users nowadays.
>>
The real thing for depression is meditation in my opinion, even just ten minutes a day of focusing on your breathing and counting or whatever helps
>>
>>6454363
I'm a depressed person and I used to think this way too. Then I started taking a certain med, and it just worked perfectly. Little to no depressive issues after that. So I guess it varies from person to person.
>>
File: Stay Ugly.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Stay Ugly.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
>>6454144
Yeah. I just want to be happy. I'm tired of having to force myself to not kill myself because of my family and friends and the hope that one day I might be able to feel genuinely happy ass opposed to kinda ok feeling for short while when I get high. Been suicidal since birth and I've just had enough. But at least I'm starting to feel better now that i'm on hormones. And I now have a bf that makes me feel something other than worthless and ashamed of myself all the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (989 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
989 KB, 2448x2448
I had a psychotic break
>wasn't attracted to girls
>assumed that this lack of attraction meant they were tricking me
>realize that everyone I know is literally a prostitute
>try to kill myself
>go to psych ward
>realize I'm pretty queer

This thread reminded me to take my pills ty
>>
anyone here not?
>>
>>6454144
Can someone here with depression here please list/ describe their symptoms? I've looked up symptoms up online, but I would really appreciate it if someone went into their personal experiences.
>>
I'm not diagnosed but every week or so I consider killing myself and I've become desensitized sadness so probably
>>
>>6460111
>every week or so
Try every day you attention whoring flamer.
>>
>>6460136
What?
>>
Bipolar
I take lithium
>>
General anxiety and depression. Been depressed for awhile though when I was in my previous relationship I felt on top of the world. I take busiperone for general anxiety and it seems to help with the depression. The depression and anxiety feed of each other which makes things difficult. When something bad happens I ruminate on it for days. Can't kill myself cause my parents are still alive and it would destroy them but after they're gone, who knows
>>
>>6454150
>1/2
Try 95%
>>
File: Jinrui93.jpg (40 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Jinrui93.jpg
40 KB, 500x281
does anyone else think that their antidepressants make them fart a lot ?
>>
>>6460482
No but they destroy my hunger cycle and I get an even stronger thyroid hyperfunction
>>
>>6460475
he said clinically depressed, not histrionic
>>
>clinically depressed
>anxiety
>ADHD
>large possibility of schizophrenia because of dads side
>tranny

every time, and my pill issuer dropped me so I don't have pills to help me
recent depressive episode lasting a week almost got to me. I think that maybe if I push through until 30 and get famous then I wont kill myself, but if not, then I guess I will be rotting in the ground.

ftm btw.
>>
>>6460006
i have to force myself to shitpost on 4chan and play vidiya the same way you have to force yourself to go to your physically exhausting job

consciously pissing myself and just lying there in the puddle becomes a genuine alternative to leaving the bed and walking 5 meters to the toilet which i consider multiple times a day

i do feel bad and all but the main symptom is that it feels like my brain just works really slowly and it takes a lot of time and effort to do everything, i also tend to feel more angry and fed up than plain sad, especially as a kid i would get very aggressive and paranoid

i barely remember any of my episodes so my memory might work like shit too, or maybe nothing of interest happens so my brain doesn't bother registering it, i don't know

there's a lot of overlap with hangover symptoms desu
i just had a particularly bad one and seriously was sure i'm getting another episode but it seems time and various hangover cures worked which is great because i was starting to get seriously suicidal there
if only you could cure depression with pickle juice
>>
>>6454144
I was, after being a neet zombie for almost 6 years, I said fuck you to the medication and started to slowly drag myself from this pity party.

Now i have to constantly police myself because little stuff can bring the depression to my doorstep, sometimes, mostly weekends i just let it in and allow myself a day or two to feel sorry for myself but i'm getting better and better at shaking it off whenever i want, which is nice.

The medication only helped me not to kill myself and not even in a good way, i was too tired/apathetic to care about the constant suicide thoughts.

Exercising, eating better, hobbies, getting a motto to live by [spoiler] I like Shia's memetic motto "Just do it, make your dreams come true" [/spoiler], meditation, some self-help books, family and friends if you have access to them, behavior therapy/group therapy without medication.

Trying to change your behavior, the way that you think about the world/yourself is a monumental painful process since most of the time it's the brain that's fucked but with a little bit of willpower and not allowing the defeatism thoughts to win can get you there, it's tiring, sometimes you will want to slash your wrists and be done with it but you have to always remember the little steps, the small victories and your life goals, never lose sight of these things.
>>
>>6457054

First of all, start an aerobic physical activity. Cut fastfood, carbonated drinks, alcohol and any other recreational drug. Stop fapping it's not a meme. I somehow suspect that SSRI work because they lower your libido up to the point where you can't fap.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.