[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-/LGBT/ here, do any of you sometimes think there's poor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: google.jpg (155 KB, 1348x947) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
155 KB, 1348x947
Non-/LGBT/ here, do any of you sometimes think there's poor acceptance of LGBT because pic is usually the sort of thing that gets used as a banner image for LGBT movements and awareness?
>>
There is poor acceptance because people care more about their social media accounts and online popularity than the acceptance they're supposedly fighting for.

Now out with you.
>>
>>6453189

We were getting bashed and murdered for simply existing a couple of decades ago (and still are in at least half of the world), and parades weren't a thing back then. Parades aren't a movement to get accepted by straight people, it's not like we owe you anything. Their goal is for LGBT people to accept themselves, stop hiding and stop being ashamed. That's why they're called "Prides". And if some people are disgusted, tough shit. Parades are just an excuse homophobes give to hate on people they'd hate regardless, anyway. You give them a finger, they'll take your whole arm, so we're not backing down.

And in all cases, I'd say parades once a year in exchange for getting beaten and killed and silenced for centuries is a pretty fucking mild response.
>>
>>6453300
>it's not like we owe you anything.
He fucking said it the absolute madman.
>>
>>6453189
Bisexual here, Pride Parades are horrible and I wouldn't want to go near one but attacking LGBT is far older than Pride Parades so they're not really the cause. It's just that straight people think LGBT is gross, Prides Parades or not.
>>
File: Next.gif (967 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Next.gif
967 KB, 500x375
>>6453300
The arrogance of straight people is astounding.
>>
>>6453300
What about in first world places, where LGBT is pretty much (obviously nothing is perfect but no one is getting sentenced for being gay anymore, etc) accepted, doesn't the pride matter less and less and could even come around and damage the LGBT image? As in the symbol of LGBT is a bunch of people reinforcing the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and Bondage look for gay people? What i think my vague, retarded point is, is that the LGBT movement should focus or give more attention to 3rd world places where people DO get brutalized for being gay, instead of making a big fuss (so to speak) in a place where LGBT is very much accepted?
>>
>>6453189
I don't think the haters need any reason to hate.
I don't understand why pride events are always overly sexualized.
>>
File: tumblr_mq43b71rqx1qg1ecmo1_500.gif (1020 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq43b71rqx1qg1ecmo1_500.gif
1020 KB, 500x269
>>6453337
I mean we live in a country where 49 of us were brutally slaughtered. First world problems amirite?!
>>
>>6453300
>it's not like we owe you anything
this. These fucking losers expect something in return for graciously "allowing" us to exist.
>>
>>6453346
What?
>>6453351
What are we asking?
>>
>>6453189
It's almost like it's the image that's being tailored for you

Find a few annoying faggots with abs and the ugliest trannies possible.... It's almost as if they kinda want you to laugh at them

I dunno is better than them showing the 14 yo who snuck is the house and is getting facefucked by two guys in the stall of the grossest leather club nearby

Cuz pride is about nothing more than it is about finding someone to fuck
>>
>>6453337
>where LGBT is pretty much "accepted"
ftfy.
>the LGBT movement should focus or give more attention to 3rd world places where people DO get brutalized for being gay
It's now 2016.
In 1995 science stopped considering us mentally retarded, something the rest of the population followed with a lot of kicking and screaming, and for a large part the whole incident never happened and we're still ill.
2001 was the first year gay couples could actually legally get married to the person they love.
The arab world is still living in the year 1437, and the rest of the uncivilised world might as well live in 2000BC.

That shit just ain't gonna happen for at least 40 generations.
>>
>>6453337

> no one is being sentenced for being gay anymore

In the opinion announcement of Obergefell v. Hodges (the Supreme Court case which legalized same-sex marriage in the US), there was the following sentence : "Outlaw to outcast may be a step forward, but it does not achieve the full promise of liberty." I mean yeah, we're not getting thrown in prison anymore, but that's not enough. Only around 20 countries in the world grant us the right to get married (one of the most fundamental rights). In a lot of places we can't walk in the streets holding hands without fearing for our physical safety. LGBT teen suicide rates in developed countries are 12 times higher than for heterosexual teens. Coming out of the closet is still a thing. Violent homophobia (less than a week ago in Orlando) is still a thing. Yeah, some of these might look like small things, but they're all things that straight people don't have to go through.

> the LGBT movement should focus or give more attention to 3rd world places where people DO get brutalized for being gay, instead of making a big fuss (so to speak) in a place where LGBT is very much accepted

We're doing both. We can't just waltz in these countries and make oppression go away, we'd get executed. So we're pushing for decriminalization in UN decrees, we're pushing for developed countries to grant asylum to LGBT refugees who have a legitimate reason to fear for their lives. And we push for acceptance in developed countries too. "People have it worst than you elsewhere" isn't an excuse to halt the advance of gay rights at home.
>>
>>6453382
In regards to the first paragraph, can you (if you haven't) answer the OP? Because some of the visuals of prides and movements and whatever, SEEM to reinforce a lot of stereotypes about LGBT ie that Google pic + some more bondage gear is how a lot of people might think of LGBT. Doesn't that sort of stuff negatively affect progress in the first world places, were you are trying to achieve full equality from "nearly there" equality, as you said?
>>
>>6453189
Also there's a big difference in who the 'acceptance' is coming from.

In the general public lots of people have the permissive attitude, mostly because it doesn't affect them. The amount of people who actually accept LGBT people in their family/close social circle is significantly smaller, and that's the biggest reason people with minority orientations/identities feel so ostracized. I'm too lazy to find it now but there's research from some European countries showing that even though public attitudes towards gays is more positive, the rates of depression, suicide, etc are still relatively high. This happens because people say "yeah I'm fine with gays since they don't hurt anyone" but then will turn around and criticize their own children if they show any signs of it. I don't think parades are necessarily the best way to help this situation, but for many people that go to them there is a real sense of happiness in being together with a community who really understands this struggle, even if it appears 'degenerate' to outsiders
>>
>>6453399

I did answer the OP, see >>6453300 . In regards to the parades, they're just a small part of the LGBT movement. My rationale is the following : if you're homophobic, you're going to hate gay people, with or without the parades. If you're not, and you meet LGBT people, you'll probably find out pretty quickly that they're mostly like everyone else, so parades are irrelevant. Basically my point is that they do more good than harm, because it's less important to ease homophobes out of their prejudice (and really, do you thing stopping the parades is going to do so?) than easing other people out of the closet and out of their shame. We owe this to our own community, because people have done this for us (at least for me) in the past. We owe homophobes absolutely nothing.
>>
>>6453300
Pretty much this.

I think people misunderstand the point of Pride parades, since the message is easily lost in all the glitter, mascara, and bulges.

The point isn't to a affirm a universal TRUE GAY~ set of behaviors. It's a celebration of courage and progress for LGBT people. It's meant to encourage people to embrace their sexuality, even if it challenges social norms.

I do think it's unfortunate that beefy dudes in speedos are the mascots for the parade, if only because it overlooks the majority of people attending the event, and overshadows the diversity of LGBT Pride.

Like other people have mentioned, the parades aren't really there to make bigoted straight people say "Huh, I've had the wrong idea about these people." It's a flashy celebration aimed at making LGBT people feel more comfortable in their skin.
>>
File: DaglessSalute.webm (178 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DaglessSalute.webm
178 KB, 640x480
OP here, thanks for putting up with my retardation and questions, much appreciated for everyone's answers and thoughts.
>>
File: krkukx9d.jpg (178 KB, 968x1998) Image search: [Google]
krkukx9d.jpg
178 KB, 968x1998
>>6453933
>It's meant to encourage people to embrace their sexuality, even if it challenges social norms
Yeah and these parades can do the complete opposite sometimes, i mean i really do like the point but the execution is done really badly in some cases.
>>
>>6453953

You came here with an open mindset asking a legitimate question out of curiosity. We simply discussed and said what we had to say, and your view seems to have evolved (I'm assuming). Most people in developed countries are in a similar situation and just need someone from within the community to explain parades like we did. I think it illustrates my point pretty well: either you hate LGBT people, with or without parades, either you don't, and just need someone to explain parades to you. So no point in stopping them. And I mean, if you personally don't particularly like them, nobody forces you to stare at them or participate, just keep in mind why they're there and what they mean.

>>6453978

Again, they're just a part of the whole movement. If parades won't help you accept your sexuality, it might be seeing people live openly, unapologetically and without shame, whether in your environment or in pop culture. Nothing is one-size-fits-all when it comes to this. But historically speaking, parades definitely did help. Back when queer bashing was everywhere, grouping en masse and marching in the streets together was more or less the only way to not get sent to the hospital immediately. It helped us affirm our existence.
>>
>>6453333
and the sassiness of gays knows no bounds
>>
>>6453189
qt guys in tight speedos or jocks don't upset anybody.

It's the hideous transbeasts that walk around naked waving dildos that put people off.
>>
>>6453300
>Their goal is for LGBT people to accept themselves, stop hiding and stop being ashamed
if flagrant behaviour is who the gays truly are then most people will continue to hate you, and your communities will continue to suffer from the consequences of the degenerate spiral.
if any of you are fine with 11 year old boys twerking for you then.. well, that must never become acceptable in society.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgulDTdtvRw
and parades had little or nothing to do with gaining rights. it was the people that were beating you that decided to not do it anymore. you're just provoking people and apparently some of you get off on it.
>>
>>6453300
Wow. Nicely done. I've never quite been able to articulate it that way,
>>
Why do straight people give lgbt people shit for pride parades when marti gras and seedy spring break beach parties are such a huge thing for them? It's like homophobes getting buttmad about seeing a gay couple or a tranny on tv when there are straight couples in nearly every film and tv plot.
>>
>>6454133
>Why do straight people give lgbt people shit for pride parades when marti gras and seedy spring break beach parties are such a huge thing for them?
Because "it's different when we do it" and "not all straight people" and other general blindness towards their own hypocrisy.
But to be fair that's most of the human population.
>>
>>6454133
well, youre generalizing straights. the straights who are likely to party like that are probably more or less okay with your gay pride shenanigans, but if they dislike it, however many that may be, it's because it's gross to them.
other straights who don't like to party or at least party like that perhaps scorn degeneracy in general.

i have a question for gays here: why is it that you feel the need to change everything according to your ideology to accommodate you? genuinely curious
>>
>>6453189
Personally I don't like Pride parades. I understand the point of them, but I find them unappealing and frankly disgusting. I don't think they should stop or anything, but I wouldn't take part in one ever again.
>>
>>6454163
why does it disgust you?
>>
>>6454172
I don't like public displays of sexuality. I find it vulgar and unpleasant to look at. I'd rather it be confined to the bedroom.

Before you jump down my throat, like I said, I don't think they should stop or change on my account, I just find them personally unappealing.
>>
>>6453382
>"People have it worst than you elsewhere" isn't an excuse to halt the advance of gay rights at home.

Thank you! I'm so sick of that talking point coming from the right. I remember Ted Cruz making that point a few months back - the implication being that everything is fine and dandy for the lgbt community here, so don't worry about US policy and focus on the third world. It's nonsense.

For fuck's sake - there's nationwide discrimination protection for religion (a choice) but not for sexual orientation or gender identity. Technically, you're more protected in the realm of employment and housing for holding stone age beliefs about how faggots and adulterers should be stoned to death than you are for being gay. How is that not at least somewhat of a problem?

And of course I agree that we should be helping the lbgt cause in more oppressive countries, but as was pointed out, we already are to the best of our ability. That doesn't mean we should take focus off what's going on in our own backyard.
>>
>>6454187
no man, i'm a straight guy and i agree with you.
i don't care if it's in the bed but if i had a son or daughter i wouldn't want them seeing that.
i think flagrant displays do more harm than good for gays. both in provocation and in.. the lifestyle adopted.
>>
>>6454086
>Some kid with neglectful parents is caught twerking at a parade
>Therefore homosexuality is a sign of degeneracy.

I'd consider your argument more if I didn't see the same video every time someone tries to accuse gays of corrupting/preying on kids. If you had behavior like this from kids being encouraged throughout the street parade, for example, I'd say the event was definitely crossing some lines.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're expecting the people around the kid to do when he starts dancing. Tell him to stop acting like a little fag?

>LGBT activism had nothing to do with decreasing violence against LGBT people. Violent bigots just decided to stop attacking gay people as much for other, unspecified reasons.

wut
>>
>>6454147
>well, youre generalizing straights

And people who judge all gays based on images from pride parades are generalizing gays. It doesn't take a genius to realize that 95% of even the most "flamboyant" participants in pride parades don't walk around like that 24/7 - what's wrong with cutting loose once per year?

>why is it that you feel the need to change everything according to your ideology to accommodate you?

What on earth are you even talking about? We want to change EVERYTHING? What does that even mean? Marriage rights and equal protection under the law - and less homophobia. That's the horrific "gay agenda" you're alluding to.

I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean by "changing everything" to accommodate us. What are these huge, monumental aspects of your life we want to change?
>>
>>6454147
>why is it that you feel the need to change everything according to your ideology to accommodate you?
>you
Aside from the glaring generalisation you were just complaining about in your very post, most just want to live their lives without too much interference from obnoxious interfering people like the general population.

The people who are pushing for radical change are generally the well off upperclass western white straight people and generally women, who see modern day society as unfair to minorities and are working very hard to try and fix that.

>b-but muh lgbt legislations
Wouldn't have gotten anywere since in reality (and not the minds of paranoid schizoid people wearing tinfoil hats) we're still an insignificant minority enough for like 1 or 2 seats in any parliament ever and we still need the general majority to get anything done at all.

Although my gut says you'll just ignore everything I just said.
>>
>>6454208
Even funnier if you mention child pageants and watch them try to squirm their ways out of the very accusations they threw at you a minute ago.

Hypocrisy would be funny if it weren't for the often devastating effects on the lives of people.
>>
>>6454208
video is just an example, a particularly awful one -- and i don't blame the parents. crossing lines is putting it VERY mildly. this is a disgusting video.
i said these parades where gays go around aggravating people, if this is indicative of gays, then people won't like gays and think less of them. ..and it just happens to be what gays showcase to the public.

i said parades where gays go out of their way to aggravate people did not do good.
>>
>>6454208
>I'd consider your argument more if I didn't see the same video every time someone tries to accuse gays of corrupting/preying on kids. If you had behavior like this from kids being encouraged throughout the street parade, for example, I'd say the event was definitely crossing some lines.

Exactly. This one video has been spammed relentlessly by /pol/ ever since it came out. How is this any different from the numerous examples of straight people sexualizing their children? Toddlers in Tiaras? Slathering pre-teen girls in make-up and having them compete in bathing suit competitions? That shit happens all the time and no one seems to bat an eye.
>>
>>6454238
>child pageants
Beat me to it
>>6454243
>>
>>6454239
>i said parades where gays go out of their way to aggravate people did not do good.

How many prode events or parades have you been to? I've been to several, and I've never seen anything like what you're suggesting - like they purposefully change the parade route to a suburban neighborhood where they flip off families and picket churches. Give me a break. If you want to talk about purposeful aggravation, let's look at all the religious groups that picket and hurl insults at gay events - telling everyone there that they live in sin and will burn in hell. That happens FAR more commonly than the opposite.
>>
>>6454264
>>6454225
>>6454222
>>6454208
fair enough i probably could have been clearer so i'll save the snarky comment on reading comprehension and just tell you that you've misinterpreted what i've wrote.

i did not generalize gays. what i said before was that pride parades are a way that a lot of people in society know of gays, this is an intentional image put forth by gays for others to see. people are going to judge you for this.

before you say that straights can be generalized in the same way with religion and violence, this is false because straights don't think about being straight. straights do not cling to being straight as an identity. gay people, representing themselves as gay people, put forth this image, through these parades, as gays. the image put forth is a flagrant sexual deviant one. no not all parades but enough. it's a very loud image that you acquiesce to, so people are going to mistake you all for it. people won't disregard their lived, empirical experiences.

no shit yes i, personally, know that not all gays are like this, yes i've been friends with gays and the ones i hung out with were fine people. however: drug use, sexually transmitted diseases, absurd amounts of partners for casual sex.. these sorts of things are a different animal in the gay community as opposed to the straight: the stats are out there and the proportions between gays and straights aren't even close. these are not normal things, nor are they the exception: they are indicative of a deeply disturbed group of people.

it's not to say that people can't be generalized: how you present yourself matters to the world, and people are going to judge you based on the group you belong to, because quite often they're right. even prejudiced people aren't idiots, nor necessarily wrong. i disagree that this has been a wonderfully noble campaign for rights of gays. very similar to black rights while dressing in gangster culture. using innocents to cover up big, big problems.
>>
>>6454821
>drug use, sexually transmitted diseases, absurd amounts of partners for casual sex.. these sorts of things are a different animal in the gay community as opposed to the straight: the stats are out there and the proportions between gays and straights aren't even close. these are not normal things, nor are they the exception: they are indicative of a deeply disturbed group of people.

And what do you think caused this disturbance? Why do you think these things are problems in the gay community? Don't you think it may have something to do with the decades and decades of demonization of homosexuality?

Gay kids today are STILL kicked out of their homes for being gay and shunned by their community - told they are sinful, told they are worthless, etc. What do you expect to come from generations of people who were treated this way? You expect them to become well-adjusted people?

This angers me so fucking much - when people like you point to stats like this in the gay community and actually have the ignorance to believe that it's an inherent part of being gay - it's not. It's directly indicative of what homophibia has done to the gay community.

You know why gays are promiscuous? Because back in the day, the only way for anyone to satisfy their homosexuality was through anonmyous sex in bathhouses, bars, and restrooms. Because if they were ever found out, their lives would be over. THAT is what gave rise to promiscuity and drug use in the gay community - being shunned and ostracized. And it's STILL happening. I talk to homeless gay youth (and gay youth in general) as part of my profession. Do you know why they are homeless? Do you know why they are on drugs? Because their families turned their back on them. Today - in 2016 this is happening. Could you even begin to imagine what that is like? Having the people who are supposed to love and care for you suddenly tell you at age 16 that you aren't welcome anymore?
>>
>>6455047
cont.

Yes, there are many gay people (and people in general) who have suffered terrible hardships and have come through without becoming sluts or drug addicts - but to point to those people and believe that "everyone should be like that" is a fallacy which ignores the complexity and diversity of the human mind and character. Not everyone is as resilient as those people - not everyone is as resourceful. And when you take those people and subject them to the hardships of being shunned by family and community, yeah, it kind of fucks them up.

THIS is why gays are disproportionally a "disturbed group of people."
>>
File: into the trash it goes.png (140 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes.png
140 KB, 350x227
>>6454821
>straights don't think about being straight. straights do not cling to being straight as an identity.
>>
>>6455047
>>6455067
cont.

ALL this being said, I think we as lgbt people have come a long way, given the way we were (and still are) treated. This is a testament to how strong we really are as a community, and how successful the lgbt movement has been over the last 30 years.

I'm truly proud of everyone involved in the community, despite the flaws we may have.
>>
>>6455091
>a long way
May I slap you for this statement?
Repeatedly?
>>
>>6455047
Honestly? No, I don't. I don't think that white oppressors are to blame. There's no question that people have been treated terribly but I'm pretty convinced that rather than external forces it's the unhealthy internal aspects of gay culture itself, how it was and how it remains. Reasonable to ask how it got that way in the first place, but to that would say I think gay culture started as quasi rebellion against the status-quo. Tragedies like you describe are a very ugly part of the world, but most of these were grown men. What keeps gays, and other minorities like blacks and native americans, down is not active oppression, and it's not the legacy of oppression, it's themselves being unable to form a functional community.

I don't think necessarily that it's being gay itself, as I said many gays I've known personally are fine people, but to pretend that the gay community isn't doing the larger part at making its own bed, . You're right, families are supposed to love and everything like that is terrible, and as I said it certainly contributes, but it's the drugs and destructive lifestyle that is lived is what I'm getting at. I'm not shaming gays, but a spade is a spade. If gays are going to stand up they have to do it themselves. God bless those who would want to help but ultimately they must stand on their own. They have to strive to live better.
>>
Here's a clip of a Ben Stein interview. I'll tell you that at first I got mad at him, but when I calmed down he was telling it like it is, without subscribing to the notion that blacks should be coddled. The pertinent part is at 4 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtunKLFvIQs
Certainly there was a significant role played in each case but what keeps these minorities down as their inability to stand up for themselves. This makes it very very easy to propagate the narrative that these minorities are helpless victims, and that they can play victim and be supported forever. Of course homophobia still exists but no, it shouldn't turn gays or whoever into something completely powerless. Of course the situation is terribly ugly but coddling will keep them incapable of realizing their manifest autonomy as human beings.
>>
>>6455047
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWxppftPUZI
>>
>>6453978
Prides arent a show for straight people. When will people realise us fags give 2 shits what straight people think as long as they arent killing us
>>
>>6453189
This is why the Stonewall Riots need to be taught about in schools. It was the birthplace of a human rights movement that's been every bit as influential as the civil rights movement has. Even straight people are directly influenced by what happened at Stonewall. It's the kind of thing that people need to know about.
>>
>>6454821
>straight people don't think about being straight or put forth an identity of heterosexuality.

That's blatantly wrong. Heterosexuality is just less of a political identity because they haven't had to fight and die for the right to express their sexual orientation.

>>6455180
>I don't believe oppression has any long-term negative effects on minority groups.
>Proceeds to bring up native americans as an example to support this point.

Holy hell. Native American societies were around for hundreds of years before Europeans came over and started kicking their ass with disease and guns. And in spite of having the deck stacked way, WAY against them, they've still managed to linger for a few hundred more years.

Blaming groups like this for their current conditions is like keeping someone bound in your basement for weeks living off nothing but juice, and then blaming them for their lost weight and deteriorating health.

And before you get defensive, no, I'm not personally accusing you, specifically, of destroying native american culture or oppressing gays to the point where they've turned to drugs and other forms of escapism.
>>
>>6453978
Reminder that before Stonewall and pride parades, there was a group of respectable, mature and sober LGBT individuals who would protest for rights peacefully and respectfully.
They weren't obnoxious, loud or degenerate because they thought that the best way to earn rights was to prove that gay people are just normal people too. They would gather in front of capitols with suits and ties and politely ask for their agenda to be acknowledged.
They were ignored for 20 years.
20 years of campaigning without even a single slight victory. They were never acknowledged by anything or anyone and they never gained any ground at all.
More progress was made in the name of LGBT rights in the first week after Stonewall than was made in 20 years of being "normal". A violent riot succeeded in garnering more sympathy than they did in 20 years.
Let that sink in.

People only complain about how flashy and obnoxious prides are because they want to be able to comfortably ignore gay people, and pride won't let them do that. That's why it's so important. That's why slogans like "We're here, we're queer, get over it." exist. The only way that we will ever receive rights, let alone acceptance, is to force people to look at us, to listen to us and to acknowledge us.
Living quietly and minding your own business is a luxury that needs to be earned, and LGBT people have not earned it yet.
>>
If people are stupid enough to judge an entire group of people by a vocal minority (Or even majority) then they are the problem.

>I WAS going to treat you like a human being, until one of you danced around in sequined underwear and now I don't think I will :)

In other words "I'm mentally lazy and homophobic and I need an excuse to hate you"
>>
>>6455180
>they must stand on their own. They have to strive to live better.

We've been standing on our own since the beginning. We've made amazing progress considering how things used to be 50 years ago. Other disenfranchised groups actually study tactics used by the lbgt movement in creating social change.

I don't agree with you at all that the gay community is MOSTLY to blame for it's current problems. I believe if you actually study the history of the movement, and consider past and current negative attitudes toward homosexuality, it's glaringly obvious that the majority of problems experienced by gays is a direct result of societal hatred.

I'm NOT saying that people are not ultimately responsible for themselves. I AM saying that growing up in a society where a core aspect of who you are as a person is hated and demonized by a huge part of the world's population has an overwhelmingly large impact on how you view yourself and the actions you take because of it.
>>
>>6453346
Do you seriously think that that recent fucking massacre was the only motherfucking god damn one in the US history? What the actual fuck? Are you literally fucking retarded?
>>
>>6456305
I know right? Gay people are murdered every single day, and yet it takes 50 of them being killed at once in a club for anyone to even notice at all.
>>
>>6453189
Of course not. It's entirely the fault of people like you. You choose to be evil, and the only solution is to make what you do illegal.
>>
>>6456324
You realize he's genuinely curious, on your side, and not at all antagonizing you? You're the one being hostile, you want to help the LGBT community? Listen to the other side for once without going hostile. He's not evil, you're just refusing to talk peacefully with someone out of misguided malice
>>
>>6454821
>however: drug use, sexually transmitted diseases, absurd amounts of partners for casual sex.. these sorts of things are a different animal in the gay community as opposed to the straight: the stats are out there and the proportions between gays and straights aren't even close
Drug use, casual sex and STD transmissions are all higher in heterosexuals both proportionally and numerically. That means that not only are there more straight people with HIV than there are gay people with HIV, but the number of straight people with HIV compared the total number of straight people is a higher percentage than the number of gay people with HIV compared to the total number of gay people. The same is true for drug use AND promiscuity. The average number of sexual partners among heterosexuals is almost double that of even gay men. Gay men are also significantly more likely to remember their casual sex partners and to meet them again, while straight people are more likely to forget the event entirely.
This is true in both a worldwide view and a local view of just the US. The data is out there.

The view of gays as some degenerate mass orgy of drugs and AIDS is a load of bullshit invented by ignorant homophobes with a terminal case of confirmation bias and hypocrisy.
>>
>>6456430
Pure lies. Don't come here and just lie.
>>
>>6456436
Your data may be skewed, but nevertheless you're right, the LGBT community is fairly generalized with the public/media, but that means the LGBT community has to put out that it is indeed a FALSE view, and not one based on actual occurrences
>>
>>6456474
My god you're dense, why don't you stop being ignorant and actually try to help your group out instead of aimlessly complaining.

>Don't come here and just lie.

I'm not, but I didn't realize this place was so fucking sacred
>>
>>6456475
There's nothing skewed about his data, the LGBT community is not fairly generalized, and so long as heterosexuals want to be deceitful, no amount of evidence will change their views, only punishment will.
>>
>>6456493
Punishment? What will that show them? You have the capacity to be diligent and peaceful, and they will too someday
>>
>>6453300
>Their goal is for LGBT people to accept themselves, stop hiding and stop being ashamed
Well then they're doing an even worse job, because shit like that is what made me afraid of being a faggot in the first place. If I had only known about men like Douglas Pearce when I was a wee one, it would have felt much more natural.
>>
>>6456436
>>6456493
Where is this data? All the stats I've ever seen show gays to be disproportionate to straights in terms of suffering from higher rates of drug use, depression and suicide at least. I don't know about STD's or promiscuity currently. But I find it hard to believe that per capita, more straights are HIV+ than gays.
>>
>>6456509
There are documentaries, books, there are several examples of HIV being more prevalent in the homosexual community, there's nothing wrong with it, so long as everyone's safe
>>
So when you stop dying for being gay in western countries, LGBT resorts to flashy pride parades.

When people get told that being gay isn't a choice, we get told by the very same people that sexuality is fluid.

None of you deserve a thing but to get deported into the middle east
>>
>>6456562
Stop baiting and actually try to change someone's mind, dickhead
>>
>>6456509
CDC published a study a while back that showed that heterosexual women were the highest risk demographic for HIV.
>>
>>6456685
>highest risk demographic for HIV.
>highest risk

Do you even know how to interpret studies? That doesn't mean that heterosexual women, per capita, suffer from a higher rate of HIV. It means that they are at risk of contracting the disease at a higher rate.

I'm on your side in terms of gay rights. Just quit making us look bad by misinterpreting data.
>>
File: 1251258547091.jpg (34 KB, 438x412) Image search: [Google]
1251258547091.jpg
34 KB, 438x412
>>6456305
That was a response to the guy who stated that shit like that doesn't happen in the first world. You fucking cocknose.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.