[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relegion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: fuck off.png (233 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
233 KB, 600x700
Why do religious people care so much who am i attracted to?
It is not like I want to fuck them and get a retard baby...
>>
File: giphy-6.gif (156 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
giphy-6.gif
156 KB, 500x282
People with nothing going on in there lives need to feel important.
Have you ever noticed that the most hardcore religious people are middel aged white trash in the south and unemployed 20 year olds in the middle east. Religion gives losers a distraction fron their shitty lives.

That's why they hate us.
>>
>>6448053
>Why do religious people care so much who am i attracted to?
Because they feel entitled to everything because someone from a book centuries ago told them that.
That includes the way you live your life.
>>
>>6448053
It's nothing personal, homophobia is just a hobby
>>
>>6448073
I dont even want to see my family anymore because they are just white christian trash fucking pricks.
>>
>>6448053
m8 according to Judaism and thus by inheritance Christianity and Islam being a bad person literally causes God to collectively punish everyone with natural disasters, sickness, drought and pretty much everything else. Dressing immodestly causes hurricanes. Masturbation causes earthquakes.
>>
>>6448085
I dont get why are they so afraid of change
>>
>>6448097
it is like they are crazy talking to a imaginay friend at ages 18+ is not healty...
>>
>>6448097
>literally causes God to collectively punish everyone
>collectively punish everyone
I'm pretty sure that's a violation of human rights.
>>
>>6448093
Why was it jessecary to mention their race?

Does them being white have to do with their action?
>>
>>6448053
All religions seek to control power money and sex
The church is more powerful if it has a monopoly on marriage, so they tell u who to fuck as a form of control
>>
Religion is the precursor to homophobia. Some are accepting of it now because if they stuck by their own rulebooks there would have been a massive retaliation against them for crimes against humanity.
>>
>>6448053
i'm not religious and i'm homophobic
>>
>>6448259
This sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I've seen it in action. My mom is Catholic, my dad is Protestant and had a previous marriage. Catholics believe in that medieval bullshit about how it's a sin to marry a divorcee. Now, this doesn't mean that my mom was simply forbidden from marrying my dad, because the Catholic Church understands it does not advance their power to lose members. No, what it means is that she had to go from priest to priest kowtowing and begging to have my dad's previous marriage annulled, basically saying it was never a real marriage and thus not a real divorce. My dad's previous marriage lasted 20 years and produced four children, and it was a real marriage by any standard that makes sense, but Catholics have a clever trick they can employ where they can declare that any marriage, no matter how long it lasted or how loving it was, never really happened if the married couple wasn't sincere enough. What counts as being sincere enough is entirely at the discretion (i.e. the whim) of the priests, so they can use this to enforce their power over the poor idiots who believe them.

This illustrates that the particulars of their dogma are not as important as ensuring that people capitulate to them. That's why they protect pedophile priests: priests are insiders, the ones with a share of the power, so enforcing justice among them would damage the power structure as a whole.
>>
>>6448117
>Human rights
>Mattering to mister "TIME TO FLOOD EARTH TO CLEANSE IT"
>>
>>6448849
This is not just a Christian thing either. I live in Israel and most of us are really not religious beyond some vague sort of Hollywood spirituality but there are still some Orthodox groups which dress in all black like a creepy cult. I live in a neighborhood surrounded by them. I know from personal experience that their rabbis forbid people from going to the police in matters of marriage/domestic issues/abuse. Instead if they have issues they are expected to ask the rabbi to mediate and accept his judgment. Not long ago the news ran a story about how over 50 of the prominent rabbis of Jerusalem have told women in their community to put up with abuse in order to preserve their marriage because their husbands were "wise students of the torah".
>>
>>6449332
I'm not worshipping a god that violates fundamental human rights, yet claims to be loving. If im gonna worship an evil god, I want one that doesnt claim to be anything else.
>>
>>6449374
Let me ask you this mate: when did God ever claim to be Good in the Torah? That's just a Christianity retcon, made to appeal to casuals. He heaps blessings upon you if you follow his will and curses if you disobey. Not exactly Lawful Good.
>>
the thing is there are many diff types of homophobes like the ones who are insecure of their own sexuality,or lack of knowledge or awareness.
Religion like this person said >>6448259
likes to control power, not really i'd say religion but the people on top of the ladder like the church or the priest and all.
I am from india(and please dont start the hate on india) and here i have actually seen religious fanatics think that homosexuality is something that can be transmitted like u can actually convince someone to be gay, and the main cause of this is lack knowledge and awareness,
when people dont know or they think that something is not right according to their "books" they go crazy, its basic human nature we dont like changes.
and lastly this actually comes down to having an open mind or not, if the person is not open minded and not willing to adapt, then you cannot do anything.
>>
No one here understands it makes them happy. No one here sees their views are equally as ridiculous to them.
>>
Religion's purpose is to control the populous. Controlling the populous means dictating what people can and can't do.
>>
>>6448809
I'm not religious and I'm heterophobic
>>
>>6448119
Presumably, it has everything to do with them being white trash.
>>
>>6449477
Someone has parent issues
>>
>>6448097
>Masturbation causes earthquakes.
Clearly I've been doing it wrong then, because I can't even feel a slight tremor when I wank.
>>
>>6448053
The problem isn't that "religion" (i think you are referring to Semitic Religion) is homophobic
It's that they've been homophobic so long they've forgotten why.

This board is a good example of modern homophobia, a dramatized interpretation of LGBT degeneracy.

Semitic religion is about the aversion of "unclean" practises and not indulging the beast within,
Who embodies that more then the LGBT community ?
>>
Most don't really care actively. They live their lives without even thinking about gay shit, until it comes up on their news feed on facebook and they leave a nasty comment. That's pretty much the most anyone does.
>>
>>6450098
Rich white straight men.
>>
>>6450098
The lgbt community itself is malfunctioning
>>
>>6453512
Do you see it getting better?

The west is descending into decadence in the same way Rome did towards the end of its reign, around when Semitic religion got popular
>>
>>6453545
Gays are usually a sign of civilization falling
>>
I've always thought that the Abrahamic Religions (Judaisim, Islam, Christianity) hated homosexuality for the same reason they hate wanking.

Population.

Y'see, back in those days, having a large amount of children was needed, as infant mortality was high. If there were no babbys, then the tribe would most likely die out. Having the menfolk buttfucking each other or allowing their seed to spill on the ground meant that the tribe wasn't growing.

These days, the infant mortality rate is really low,so we can afford to have wankers and buttfuckers, but it seems that the Sons of Abraham have not gotten the message.
>>
>>6453550
Instead of say, the sudden rise of a Abrahamic religion, mass immigration of savage barbarians, complete apathy to moral values held at that time and the inability to defend its territory against invaders.

But sure lets blame groups that were notorious for having always been there.
>>
>>6448073
>>6448085

Honestly, I think this is more or less accurate. Even more so than the notion of religion poisoning people's minds.

Putting other people down improves your image of yourself because it reaffirms how great you are by comparison. Chastising someone for liking a bad movie reaffirms that you have a better eye for quality. Chastising someone for having a low-paying job reaffirms that you make a decent income. Chastising someone for being a different race reaffirms biological superiority. Chastising someone for having a sexual preference you're not into reaffirms that they are immoral/repressed/confused/mentally ill/attention-seeking/conformist/etc, and that you are moral/open-minded/mature/sane/self-confident/independent/etc.

Rallying around other people that share your opinions validates them, and constructs like religion or evolutionary psychology offer a rack of "objectivity" to hang your preconceived notions.
>>
>>6450098
>unclean practices
I sure do hope you keep the sabbath m8.

>>6453545
>>6453550
I guess the Islamic world is prosperous and Africa's an up-and-coming world power.
>>
>>6448053
They don't care they just don't want to see or hear or acknowledge it. They consider it an infectious mental disease so they get terrified of their kids becoming indoctrinated.
>>
File: religion women.png (225 KB, 599x701) Image search: [Google]
religion women.png
225 KB, 599x701
>>6449364
orthodox groups are closed off to the outside for a reason, the groups literally cannot withstand reality. So they try extremely hard to cultivate a bubble.
>and domestic abuse goes hand in hand with a culture of silence.
>remember in the bubble its 1500c.e and women are still propert of their husbands because the bible tells women to sexually submit to ur husband

I dont know if u have read the book of timothy but its basically the misogynists playbook

You should nark on the rabbi's, we dont need those orthodox prics getting too comfortable
>fucking babydick loving herpies spreading filth
>>
>"you don't deserve to live according to my arbitrary morals"
Oh humanity.
>>
>>6453654
you eat shrimp?!
>THATS AN ABOMINATION
>>
>>6450098
>Semitic religion is about the aversion of "unclean" practises and not indulging the beast within,
Who embodies that more then the LGBT community ?

This speculation only has legs if you assume that sex is innately sinful. Which it isn't.

>>6453545
>The West is becoming Rome due to decadence

That's a very vague parallel based on a very vague accusation. I'm admittedly no expert on ancient Rome, but I'd hazard a wild guess that modern Western society has some significant differences with Rome's economy, government, socioeconomic structure, education system, social norms, etc.

>>6453550
In what sense? Expand on that.
>>
>>6448053
Most don't care at all. I believe in God, typically vote Republican, and don't care what you do in your spare time (as long as you aren't hurting others). In fact, on sheer principal of being a small government guy, I believe that you should be allowed to sleep with those you want and marry those you want (yes, even if they are the same sex). Also, I think monogamy is healthy (tends to cultivate deeper relationships, better for the family unit, etc.) and would encourage anyone to seek out a a spouse (whether it be a homo or hetero relationship).

TL;DR: Don't worry about it, most people, even the religious ones, don't care. In fact, you may even be surprised at who would support you.
>>
>>6453691
but why believe in god at all
>I mean you have a brain, dont the stories in the bible make ur brain upset
i for one cant understand how any reasonable adult doenst just drop religion like a ton of bricks
>>
>>6453840
Because the universe is a cold, uncaring place and people need something to help them get through life no matter how ridiculous that something is.
>>
>>6453840
Partly what >>6453856 mentioned, in that without God people may struggle to find meaning or value to anything.

Religion also fosters communities which support like-minded individuals. It helps people socialize, network, and find common ground with people that they may otherwise have little to do with. It's a fair argument to claim religion has more social utility than atheism.
>>
>>6448053
>>6448073
pardon, but i believe i can shed some light on this topic. religious people, and people in general, hate gay people because they are inversions of how a healthy person normally is. by this i mean that we have the flamboyant, effeminate male and the husky, gruff female. to be a male or female is more than a social construct, though it does have a social component too. a male is supposed to be strong, and to act womanish is the opposite of this. women aren't given nearly as much shit for being masculine, but feminine women are favoured, no question.

in summation, people look at you and feel sick or like something is wrong because you embody traits or a way of being that is an inversion of strength or health

a lot of people are pricks and i'm not excusing that, but generally speaking if you look like healthy human beings, or how you're supposed to look according to your gender, then people will hate you a lot less. the hatred isn't just some arbitrary mental construction in the head of the "bigot," the disgust felt by, say, watching an effeminate man get fucked in the ass is felt on a visceral level. or another example is looking at a morbidly obese person and knowing that they're sick.

serious reply by the way -- i personally find this sort of thing interesting but i don't really care about your identity. what do you think? make sense? if it doesn't, well, i'm basically correct and if you don't have eyes to see it then, well, there's no way i can convince you. this explanation by the way is not meant to convince you of anything -- the attitude towards gays is beyond reason: as i said, felt on a visceral level. this is just to give you an idea of what people think of you. live your life as you please, i don't feel ill will towards gays in general, believe it or not. much of the behaviour exhibited by the gays, perhaps, but i don't dislike someone strictly because they are attracted to the same sex.

would anybody like me to clarify anything?
>>
>>6454046
>People have a natural aversion towards homosexuality because they recognize it is unhealthy. It's unhealthy because it goes against gender norms.

Let me know if I'm oversimplifying or misrepresenting your point, but it seems to boil down to that.

And if that's your point, what is unhealthy about challenging gender norms? You make reference to inverting gender-based strengths, but you make some broad assumptive statements. You mention, for example that "strength" in general is an exclusively male trait. What is your definition of "strength" in this context? Physical might? Autonomy? What areas of autonomy? Control over other's autonomy? Is it unhealthy if women, by comparison, express anything other than "weakness"?
>>
>>6453879
its also a fair argument that religion foster much much more corruption and exploitation than Atheism
>the minor benefit of fitting in doesnt outweight the massive societal harm
>>
>>6454159
Religion can manipulate people to do awful things, yes. It can also manipulate people to do wonderful things.

At the end of the day it's a question of whether it's putting out more harm than good, or whether there's a better alternative for what it has to offer in a society.

And regardless of whether we have religion or not, pressures to conform can easily exist outside of it.

Try mentioning Reddit or Tumblr anywhere on 4chan. Or regularly post as a tripfag.
>>
>>6454143
nature allows for all things to exist, this is natural and healthy. the difference is when falsehood is deliberately propagated to people -- falsehood that goes against nature.
to say for example that women have the same capacity for physical endurance and strength that men have is simply not true.
everybody is an individual, yes, but patterns or demographics are destiny.
men being womanish is not the same as women being womanish. to attempt to be as straight forward as possible, men and women are different, and they hold different roles. as i said i'm not going to say that outliers don't exist but in general people should stick to their roles because they'll be happier, more productive, society will function better. to challenge gender norms is sort of going against nature, not an arbitrary, interchangeable social construct. personally i would never hold any individual back from pursuing his or her God-given right to follow a dream (if a woman wants to be an engineer God bless ya), but what seems to be the argument that many on the left make is that if one woman can do it then all women can do it. this argument seems to be taking a sledgehammer to gender roles.. where people, if they weren't told otherwise through our education and media, would most likely end up. effeminate men do a worse job at being men, likewise with masculine women at being women. you could say fuck that, and certainly in the west nobody is stopping you anymore, but the notion to disregard gender norms is being intentionally done.
if i could simplify it, i'd say men embody strength and women are more the nurturers. defining it sort of misses the point i feel: from my personal experience you can tell just by looking at someone, and just by how they act. women are soft and pliable, warm, simply lovely. that's what men love about them. to ask why misses the point. i don't believe it to be a controversial statement to say that women by and large would be much happier being mothers.
>>
>>6454352
Alright so,

I actually agree that there are biological distinctions between the sexes that, generally speaking, lead to things like men having more muscle definition than women.

But outside of that? There's not a wealth of data to support the notion that men and women have any significant differences in potential skill-sets.

Your appeal to "nature" is also vague. Is natural for someone to go against their sexual orientation to better fit inside a social expectation of their gender?
>>
Fuck the bible/quran/ any other fucking piece of shit religion.
>>
>>6449364
A lot of churches are like that, where they literally have their own courts and do everything in their power to hide from legitimate justice systems, even on issues like domestic or child abuse. A lot of sanctimonious old shits need to be put away for obstruction of justice
>>
File: 49431.jpg (24 KB, 720x364) Image search: [Google]
49431.jpg
24 KB, 720x364
>>6448053
Because they think we are abominations that are beyond salvation and so the only merciful thing to is to kill the gay and trans infidels.

It's time to get armed, OP. They're going to be coming for you.
>>
>>6453840
Because I can believe in whatever I want, just like you can. You seem to be under the impression that just because I believe in God I must fit into X religion. No, I believe in God, that there must be a universal code of ethics because God exists, and it is the purpose of my life to learn as much about the universe to determine what is right and wrong. Sure, religion is a good starting point because I'm building off of centuries of previous thought. But, I also challenge previous theories and try to find reason behind ethical codes of conduct. I may be basing this on the metaphysical, but I've taken this process from the physical (i.e. the scientific method). Nothing is factual and always up for debate, but some things make more sense than others and I'll try to build off of that.

Tbh, I'm probably more of a masonic deist than a questioning Christian at this point, but whatever. The point I was making before is that I'll stick up for you as long as you stick up for me (otherwise I'll just leave you be lol).
>>
>lol the media told me a few christians out of hundreds of millions of them don't like me or something
>WOW I CANT BELIEVE RELIGION HATES ME SO MUCH WOW RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SO CRAZY NUTJOBS BIGOTS LOOOL

christian tranny here, we really don't give a fuck if you want to get aids or not faggot, just shut the fuck up about it already
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.