[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LGBT hate study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: hyhtgfds.jpg (70 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hyhtgfds.jpg
70 KB, 500x333
Hi all, I'm about to conduct a study in college about homophobia and transphobia.

I'll be focusing on what things, and questions, people have had since coming out as LGBT. This can include taboo questions such as 'How do you have sex' or 'Why don't you just be [...]'.

The piece itself is aimed to highlight the issues LGBT people face in today's community in an artistic piece. The words, phrases and questions will be made into a college that will be used as a backdrop, where an individual will be stood center holding a sign with their personal 'quote'.

As I'm finding models locally (for convenience), I am asking you all to share, if willing, some things that have been said to you. The pieces will mainly be focusing on negativity, however there will also be a space for positive things, which will likely be used as a backdrop for the header/banner.

I would like to add that all submissions will be used completely anonymously, and only the quotes will be used, so your identity will remain totally private.

I would also like to discuss how you would like to be represented in media and campaigns against hate in modern society. If you have any thoughts, please share.

Thank you in advance, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

(Image related - sketch/collage made in previous art-based gender studies class)
>>
>>6444988
Why repeat what straight people have said? Their words were valuable enough to be said in the first place, let alone repeated.
>>
>>6445007
*weren't valuable enough
>>
I've been called sir like twice since I started presenting full time, but I make up for it in self loathing.

This project seems pretentious. That's the best I got for ya famalam.
>>
>>6445007
Not only do a lot of people not think that homophobia is real in today's society (at least aside from the darker parts of the web) but for LGBT to represent these words and show pride is empowering to those in worse situations. There's a lot of debates on reclamation of words, and some LGBT people reclaiming 'fag', this is similar but to a lesser degree.

Give the words less power by not being afraid of them and facing them head on.
>>
>>6445026
Everyone knows that it's real. All homosexuals have experienced it, and all heterosexuals have perpetrated it.

When heterosexuals say it's not real, they're doing this neat little thing called "lying." It's an old meme, but maybe you've heard of it.
>>
>>6445041
>All homosexuals have experienced it, and all heterosexuals have perpetrated it.
lmao, how many useable quotes can we give this guy out of context while saying this project is kinda stupid
>>
>>6444988
"Would you hold it against me if I said I wanted to suck your penis?"

"Do you still have a penis?"

opening liners. Love 'em boys, keep up that cocklust, rivals me at least in that department..
>>
>>6444988
>Sociology """study"""

I'll bite, even given this highly dubious methodology.

what things, and questions, people have had since coming out as LGBT.

>First guy/friend I came out to, in high school
"So you um wanna fuck?"

>Close friends I came out to
"So you want a fucking medal or what?"

My aunt who found out I was a fag
>This is a sin! Turn back to God! Stop this bullshit! " (Albeit in Russian.)

My father
>"Well at least you're not going to get a woman pregant before you turn 25, live in public housing, work for 3, and get divorced by 35."
>He's been through the wringer before meeting my mother.

That's about it.
>>
>>6450123
Kek I fucked up my meme arrows
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.