[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Transgender MtF >Lesbian >Catholic Are my chances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
>Transgender MtF
>Lesbian
>Catholic

Are my chances of a relationship with another girl who's okay with my being celibate and us never being married literally zero, or are they just astronomically slim?
>>
>Transgender MtF
K.
>Catholic
Oh.
>Lesbi-
GET OUT, HEATHEN!
>>
File: 1399020071298.gif (981 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1399020071298.gif
981 KB, 499x281
Give me a solid reason as to why you'd behave this way, OP
>>
>>6444239

Well, as Catholicism recognizes, same-sex attraction can't be helped, but I can remain celibate while having a fulfilling relationship.

And the Church has yet to issue a statement on gender dysphoria, but there's reasonable scriptural evidence that it's okay (Matt. 19:12 at least gives me permission for surgery).
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 736x9482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 736x9482
>>6444225
Become glorious Carilista
>>
>>6444251
>Well, as Catholicism recognizes, same-sex attraction can't be helped, but I can remain celibate while having a fulfilling relationship.
But, why? I said give me a solid reason, not 'muh religion'. Why do you chose to believe this? Because someone said so?
>>
>>6444268

No, I converted. Against all my intellectual doubts and rationalist skepticism, an overwhelming drive to believe in the redeeming power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ took hold of me. It's unaccountable, irrational, and unprovable, but the call to faith was just that powerful.
>>
>>6444285
>an overwhelming drive to believe in the redeeming power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ took hold of me.
Are you scared or something? Needed somewhere to belong?
Why?

>It's unaccountable, irrational, and unprovable, but the call to faith was just that powerful.
It's called being retarded.

You realize you're creating your own problems here, right?
>>
>>6444285
Jesus himself never said a word against gays or that marriage must be hetrosexual. Just get married before fucking and you'll be following his actual words to the letter.
>>
>>6444316
Keep that attitude up and you're headed straight for hell you heathen.
>>
>>6444316

>problems

Inconveniences is a better word. I'd like to have a fulfilling and happy relationship, but if I'm called to be single for the sake of the Lord than I wouldn't consider it a real 'problem.' Where I *have* encountered problems is trying to make sinful relationships work in the past; inevitably, the sin eats away at the bond.

>Why?

It's like asking why do you like a painting? You don't always know, sometimes you just like it. It's emotional, not rational. I say that Jesus called to me, but that's the only answer I can give. Any other requires me to reject a pure faith in the Lord, and thus violate the very premise of my own claim.

You're demanding an explanation of my beliefs, that requires me to forsake my beliefs. You see how this is a potentially difficult conversation?

>>6444338

No, but Paul did, and the Catholic Church maintains the tradition, and I am a member of the Catholic Church. It's theology and it's foundation by Jesus Christ is more important to me than finding a justification for unholy marriage.
>>
>>6444360
Be my gf instead! Problem solved.
>>
File: tumblr_nd74qpDxKw1tfvxnko1_500.gif (724 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd74qpDxKw1tfvxnko1_500.gif
724 KB, 500x300
>>6444370
>>
>>6444360
But that's retarded.
>>
>>6444225
>>6444360

Oh man I lurk other boards, mostly /pol/, just came here and saw this thread. At first I thought it is a b8, nobody can think that way. But after seeing this second post, I'm not so sure, we are after all on board with people having brain problems. so let me expalin OP.

Transgender MtF means you were a men, you are a men, you will be always men, therefore you are not lesbian and you can have relationship with a woman. I don't know what damage you have done to your body, but I'm sure you will find a good doctor who will help you. But first you need to accept the truth of your nature.

>>6444338
I don't know why people think he should something said about homosexual behaviour or transsexualism. It was obvious to everyone that kind of behaviour is sinful. God created two humans of opposite sex for themselfs - this is a key to understand catholic teaching about sexuality. But if you want to be 100% sure homosexual behaviour is sinful see First Epistle to the Corinthians 6: 9-10.
>>
>>6444225
>Transgender MtF
are you jolie laide?

>Catholic
no thanks.
>>
>>6444514
>no thanks
rude
>>
File: typist-smile-smug-3583065.jpg (104 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
typist-smile-smug-3583065.jpg
104 KB, 1300x957
>>6444502
God exists but She doesn't go by the rules of the Paulian sect, my man. Sorry that your entire "religion" is a lie.
>>
>>6444555
*tips fedora*
>>
>>6444225
>Transgender mtf
>lesbian
>delusional

fixt
>>
>>6444502

>Transgender MtF means you were a men, you are a men, you will be always men, therefore you are not lesbian and you can have relationship with a woman.

I think this oversimplifies the complex nature of the world and our bodies after the Fall, but lets say for arguments sake that you're right.

Well, what of it? I may be a man, but I have the body of a woman, look and act like a woman, the name of a woman, and in every aspect of my life I am a woman. In that case, women I might form a relationship with will be women attracted to my womanness (insofar as it exists), and so we arrive right back at lesbianism.

Basically, even if you're right, it's a technical detail and doesn't really add to the conversation.

>But first you need to accept the truth of your nature.

The truth of my nature is that the conflict between my mind/soul and my body causes me great distress, and there is no scriptural or catechismical injunction against therapeutic procedures to ease that kind of suffering. Even if I am a man in the eyes of the Church, there is no reason I can't live my life as a woman.

>>6444555

At last I truly see
>>
>>6444567
Sorry but I am a moderate Muslim. :^)

Not even joking lol.
>>
>>6444594
hypocritical trash.
>>
>>6444225
>Transgender MtF
good luck on your journey
>Lesbian
good luck finding a bi-girl/lesbian willing to be with you
>Catholic
good luck trying to get accepted for both your gender identity AND sexual orientation
>>
>>6444668

>good luck on your journey

Thank you! It's going wonderfully!

>good luck finding a bi-girl/lesbian willing to be with you

Thank you, I will need it :\

>good luck trying to get accepted for both your gender identity AND sexual orientation

:,<

I'd say "I only need acceptance from JESUS" but that's a protestant heresy, so ...
>>
>>6444588

>it's a technical detail

So it was b8 after all.

> there is no scriptural or catechismical injunction against therapeutic procedures

From the last apostolic exhortation by Pope Francis

>"It is one thing to be understanding of human weakness and the complexities of life, and another to accept ideologies that attempt to sunder what are inseparable aspects of reality. Let us not fall into the sin of trying to replace the Creator. We are creatures, and not omnipotent. Creation is prior to us and must be received as a gift." (paragraph 56)

>Even if I am a man in the eyes of the Church, there is no reason I can't live my life as a woman.

Yes there is, becouse it's simple not true.
>>
>>6444723

>So it was b8 after all.

No, I'm just saying that even if we accept your premise, the conclusion still doesn't follow.

>apostolic exhortation by Pope Francis

Context; he was talking about Gender Ideology, which is a dangerous poison to the entire human race. He was not talking about therapeutic procedures for people with genuine mental illnesses.

>Yes there is, because it's simple not true.

If we accept your premise, then the Church would consider my actions to be a (rather extreme) form of cross-dressing. But the Church has issued no formal ruling on that. The only evidence that could be cited as such is Deut. 22:5, but there are a number of theologians who consider that section of Deut. to be overruled by Matt 6:25, Matth 6:28, Luke 12:22.
>>
>>6444767

>but there are a number of theologians who consider that section of Deut. to be overruled by Matt 6:25, Matth 6:28, Luke 12:22.

I just read those, but to me it seems it's more like it's telling you to ignore your dysphoria and accept the body and clothes you were assigned, because they don't matter and are distractions.

Also, have you tried to see if you had any interest in men? I assume you have and failed since you implied you pass but afe still claiming lesbianism.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_niiamgxftd1rnnsez.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_niiamgxftd1rnnsez.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>6444225
they are as astronomically slim as the chance of the catholic god actually existing.
so yes, pretty much zero.
>>
Not zero. But so low as to be the same thing.
A sensible response to this would be to examine what Catholicism means to you, whether or not same-sex relationships are really a violation of God's will, and finally, whether or not that matters to you. Is a life of loneliness preferable to fulfilling romanticism? That's up to you. It's not like being a trans woman and a lesbian isn't already a seriously good way to be forever alone.
>>
File: le hon face.jpg (121 KB, 1024x590) Image search: [Google]
le hon face.jpg
121 KB, 1024x590
>>6444225
>mfw jenner was all 3 of these things
no actually this is your face
>>
>>6444225
I don't know about Catholicism but in Judaism you can get with a woman because you're still technically male :^) Just make sure she's cis.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>6444225
Only if you decide not to date nuns. Those girls aren't supposed to have sex anyway.

But we all know the real reason why you want to date woman and not have beautiful children with them as is your manly duty.
>>
Hi, I'm also a christian trans girl. I'm presbyterian not catholic though. I try to avoid sin and live a good life, I don't hurt people and I don't even like to say mean things about others. I couldn't go on living without being able to be myself and God knows that. He knew that no one can be sinless, which is why he sent his son to die for us. We have to believe in him and try to not sin, but if we can't it's not the end of the world because Christ will forgive us. I think it's sad that so many lgbt people turn away from Christ and that in many cases the church pushes them away, no one is unsavable and everyone should feel Jesus's love, but I know that preaching does nothing if they don't want to hear.
I wasn't always a christian, back in middle school I lost my faith and became an atheist, and then in high school I tried being "pagan" for a few years where I worshipped a lot of different things. I felt empty at that point because of the dysphoria and was just liked worshipping things.
It was about half a year after I got on hormones that I came back to Christianity. Even during all that time when I pushed away from God he never let me go, he always held me up even if I didn't deserve it. Now I think not believing was dumb, but I don't regret it, like if I had a time machine I wouldn't stop it from happening because I believe God put me on that path for a reason. Having those different experiances really broadened my mind and made me a lot more accepting of different beliefs and people.
Sorry for the schizo novel I just wanted to give my input.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.