[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
legitimate discussion on genders and sexuality.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 4chan.png (39 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
39 KB, 256x256
This may sound like one of the trolliest troll posts this board as seen but it’s not I swear.

Some of this may sound "mean", but welcome to 4chan.
I'm an ally with very conservative opinions, I'm trying to learn not troll.

My Opinions:
Only 2 genders exist

What is the point of the third gender?
Why are some fighting so hard for this to become a thing?
Isn't this creating more inequality?

Either you're a man, a woman, or someone changing to switch.

We already can see how some states love to abuse religious laws to not serve the LBGT community. Creating a third gender can possibly make all of that worse.

And we’ve already seen the segregation of safe zones. Originally what was just a safe place has split into the gay zone, the black zone, the gay blacks who don’t like the other blacks zone, the zone for those triggered by zones, etc.

If you’re going to fight for civil rights, do it together, as a family.

--

And what the fuck is with everyone wanting to be a special snow flake?
can someone explain this?

Gay, Straight, and Bi are what you have to choose from

Either you suck dick, eat pussy, or simply don't care what your dinner is.

>durr i'm asexual
You're not a plant
>well i just don't really care for sex
what you mean is you have a hormone imbalance that has destroyed your sex drive or you just don’t care, this does not deserve special branding.

Or else you could consider my girlfriend asexual when shes on her head-meds since she will rarely want sex, and that's just plain silly.

>durr i'm pansexual
So you don’t care about their genitals? That makes you bi, suck it up butter cup.

I swear some days I really feel older than 25.

---

And can someone fucking explain Queer to me?

Why did LGBT become LBGTQ?
its fucking dumb sorry but it is

--

I honestly feel like the world is way too fucking obsessed with labels, that are literally pointless.

Instead of working for a label, how about earning a title?
That gets you much father in life.
>>
>>6442024
I'm not trans, but when I read and talk to people who are I get the impression they're going through something I can barely imagine.

The way I look at it, if transitioning your life from one perceived gender to another or even to something not specifically gendered helps them live a more fulfilling and happy life then that's a benefit to all of society.

So even though I honestly think it's a little weird and even off putting at times, I try to remind myself that I probably appear to other people that way as well. So I live and let others live as they think is best and I sincerely believe that's the best course for all in the end.
>>
>>6442041
>So I live and let others live as they think is best and I sincerely believe that's the best course for all in the end.

I totally understand that

its why i'm posting on an anonymous imageboard and not on facebook, or "bitching" at people who class themselves as such.

but rather taking a bunch of opinions from strangers that dont need to identify themselves.
>>
>>6442066
Sure but I don't think the treatments for all kinds of suffering are the same. Perhaps the best treatment for gender dysphoria is transitioning. From the handful of people I know personally it seems to have helped them a huge deal.

Also I think it's important to understand few people have just one thing going on. I have battled with various depression and demons in my day and I'm pretty "normal" compared to most.

My view is that whatever someone has to do to make their life better and more fulfilling is good in the end. So long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. And I don't think changing or altering gender actually hurts anyone else, so I am all for supporting them finding their way however they can.

I don't necessarily understand what they're feeling or where they're coming from, but it's not important for me to.
>>
>>6442024
Please, it's people who don't have anything to offer and thus become obsessed with their gender and sexual preferences as if it were everything the world revolves around.
>>
>>6442080
So what are you looking for posting about it here?
>>
>>6442099
i was hoping there would be more special snowflakes and third genders here to give me some insight why this matters

I've never understood why we need more than 3 sexuality classes, or why anyone would want the "third gender" to be a thing.
>>
just like some people feel unaligned with their birth sex/its gender roles, they can feel unaligned with the opposite, or be confused. and we need to let people have room to be confused

that's what the Q's about -- "queer" is an umbrella term (also pejoratively used), but it also represents "questioning," when someone doesn't know and needs experience to figure it out

my opinion is that having a third "gray space" between the two for people who don't fit neatly based on their sex traits/self conception can only do good for trans/gnc people. it's kind of annoying to deal with when you're not trans/gnc but moments of confusion wrt pronouns/sex is troublesome at worst and doesn't really do much harm

the real harm is done when the hate factors in

having that grey space be a social/linguistic concept helps people ease up and have more breathing room to find ways to improve their lives

basically >>6442041
>"So I live and let others live as they think is best and I sincerely believe that's the best course for all in the end."
>>
>>6442024
Go complain on tumblr, I feel as though much of /lgbt/ shares your view.
>>
>>6442105
i'm >>6442119 and have been asking my close legbutt friends to use "they," it's a way to acknowledge my transition without jumping right into the deep end -- i've been andro for a while, but in denial. personally this whole nonbinary thing isn't working, i think i might ask for different pronouns soon because it's a bit jarring
>>
>>6442105
Wish I could tell you from personal experience? I only know one person who transitioned outside the gender binary, but they seem really happy living as an androgyne, and was bummed being both too male and too female. They seem a lot happier, and better able to deal with people this way.

And, more than "not caring", pansexual also explicitly respects non-binary genders. If your own attitudes about those were less common, I don't suppose pan would be all that relevant.
>>
File: 1443048924617.png (95 KB, 660x514) Image search: [Google]
1443048924617.png
95 KB, 660x514
I really dislike the term ally for some reason
>>
>>6442105
>i was hoping there would be more special snowflakes and third genders here to give me some insight why this matters

Well not being a special snowflake, I would say it matters because whatever these people are going through, gender alteration helps them be more happy and accepting of themselves. I think that makes it matter enough.

>or why anyone would want the "third gender" to be a thing.

I personally don't understand it either. But that's kind of my point. I don't think I can understand what it's like. And it doesn't seem like a lot of them "want" a third gender to be a thing. Many of them wish they were cis like a lot of the world. But they're not, so they are looking for the best way to make their way through life as happy complete people.

So I accept that I don't and can't genuinely understand how dismorphic someone must feel to want to radically alter their sexual identity. I simply support them and offer help if they want it.
>>
File: 1456258891984.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456258891984.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
My roommate this year at uni was like someone I never met before, he was a complete asshole but that's besides the point. He is easily the most liberal conservative person I have ever heard of. He didn't care that I was gay, the part that upset him was that I labeled myself and put myself into a category. To label him as bisexual would be correct but he wouldnt allow it. He would just say his sexuality was fluid. He was upset by people who assumed that he was straight and I told him that people just assume and that's how society is right now and that upset him. At the same time we would always talk about how there are only two legitimate genders and how ridiculous people who claim to be non binary are. He's voting for Trump and legitimately believe that he will be a good president. He has it out for all the illegal immigrants in the us and constantly made fun of people who couldn't speak english. He was super anti sjw yet also super liberal so he was pretty cool aside from our disagreements and eventual disbanding of our friendship because he was a neurotic hypersensitive prick who was so immature that if we ever disagreed or got into an argument and I proved him wrong, he would react by not talking to me for days. Kinda glad we don't talk but it's gonna be awkward since we both compete on the same track team for the school.
>>
>>6442271
Because LGBT has no allies but themselves. We're simply used by everyone outside.
>>
>>6442673
I'm not LGBT but consider myself an ally to you and those who are. I just want you to be happy and either help or not get in your way depending on what's better for you.
>>
>>6442740
Faggot.
>>
These are the most typical boring normie opinions on lgbt. you're not special
>>
File: sanic1464188997240.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sanic1464188997240.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>6442788
Lol is your reading really that bad? I just pointed out I'm specifically not a faggot. Unless you think I'm a pile of sticks or sentient cigarette. Sadly I'd have to disappoint you on that front too.
>>
>>6442647
I don't get people who are upset about labels. Sure if it's all that defines you then it's bad, but "gay" is pretty good shorthand for "I'm interested in romance and sex with other men, not women" That's like saying "swimmer" is a bad label for someone who enjoys and wants to excel at the practice of swimming. It's just basic language and communication.
>>
>>6442673
>implying the LBT isn't just using the G just as much

Gay men have carried the rest since the beginning.
>>
>>6442926
>gay" is pretty good shorthand for "I'm interested in romance and sex with other men, not women"
It's all about association. When you hear the word gay what comes to mind are faggots, pride parades and degeneracy in general. That's what the majority of society thinks so whatever you think hardly matters. If you're just a man who feels attracted to other men you're better off not being associated with effeminate faggots, parades, gay clubs and transsexuals.
>>
>>6443135
>It's all about association. When you hear the word gay what comes to mind are faggots, pride parades and degeneracy in general.

That's cultural. I grew up in Canada and gay just ment guys who like other guys. My best friend of over 20 years is gay. Do they tend to be flamboyant? Sure. Do they like glitzy clubs and slutty clothes? Sure. But that's never bothered me, and I've honestly always wondered why it bothers anyone.

They celebrate their sexuality in a way straight people don't as much, but that's not a bad thing in my eyes.
>>
>>6442024
>I'm an ally
>I complete ignore everything you've said about your identity because I'm right and you're wrong
You're not an ally bbz
>>
>>6443186
>I've honestly always wondered why it bothers anyone.

I just find it personally unappealing. Queeny gays have always annoyed me because they clash with my personality. I don't hate them or expect them to act more like me, I just tend to avoid them is all.
>>
>>6442024
>>So you don’t care about their genitals? That makes you bi
Bi people won't necessarily be fine with weird genders, though. Like men with vaginas or women with dicks. That's why pan is valid.

That said, most pan people are just the ugliest forever alones who should just give up already, but they just pretend to be pan to get a bit more attention and increase their odds by not avoiding anyone.
>>
>>6443135
That's because a "straight acting" gay man is not discernible from "straight acting" straight men.

So unless a gay is "queeny", he'll not be noticed as gay, people will just assume he's straight, so, in a way, he won't count to change perceptions.

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, however, and there is a disproportionate number of gay men who are effeminate. Nowhere near the majority, though, even if that's how people perceive it to be, for the reasons above.
>>
Bi person here: and yea, pansexuality is a confusing concept to me. There is virtually no difference between the two.
>>
>>6442024
I'm asexual and the shit you listed was tumblr asexuality
I agree with everything else however
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.