[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why people decide to change sex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
Why people decide to change sex?
>>
>>6441305
Been variously alienated from, dissatisfied with, and upset by my body's maleness over the course of my life, mostly getting worse year by year.

Changing sex is making that better.
>>
>>6441334
Man, i feel bad for you...
>>
>>6441334
How is it better? Why is being a mediocre imitation (and I say this in the nicest possible way, but you have to admit it's true) any better?
>>
such a transparent troll u newfags make me sick
>>
>>6441361
Imagine that you are under constant, physical pain. Like 9/10. Now there is nothing you can do to completly eliminate this pain, but you can reduce it to 4-5/10. That seems like a decent option, right?
>>
>>6441361
Why is being closer to how I physically feel comfortable better than being further from how I physically feel comfortable?

Because I'm not hung up on perfection to the point where every remaining flaw hurts me more for the sparseness of those flaws. There are still things I'm sad about, but many more things I'm happy about as time goes by. I'm not an "imitation" of anything. Just me with progressively more female secondary sex characteristics, and progressively fewer male secondary sex characteristics.
>>
>>6441361
why is it any better to live a life under a strict set of guidelines and marrying a women when the repercussions are worse if not no better for the male in a relationship? XD
>>
>>6441381
>>6441385
I guess that makes sense. It just seems so weird to me, throwing away any chance at a normal life to become a chimera.

>>6441387
Why is it any better to spout nonsense rather than functional, readable English?
>>
>>6441305
It's impossible to change your sex
>>
>>6441356
It's been a life. Despite the awfulness of parts of it, it has been a comparatively charmed one. I appreciate your empathy, though, and hope you'll share it with a lot of other trans people. Too many go without, and have to make do with awkward platitudes about "bravery". There's no ill intent there, but also no substantive understanding or recognition of the circumstances of that person's life.
>>
File: anime trannies.png (726 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
anime trannies.png
726 KB, 1000x1500
They watched too much anime and got their brains fried by it.
>>
>>6441393
> throwing away any chance at a normal life to become a chimera.
You're working under wrong premise here. Trans people wouldn't have "a normal life" without transition either. unless you consider having depression and constant suicidal thoughts as normal.
>>
File: 1464933334801.jpg (10 KB, 199x257) Image search: [Google]
1464933334801.jpg
10 KB, 199x257
>>6441409
>unless you consider having depression and constant suicidal thoughts as normal.
Is it not?
>>
>>6441409
>unless you consider having depression and constant suicidal thoughts as normal
Why are trannies suicidal?
>>
>>6441420
Because there's no real escape. Either you resign to be a freak and maybe hate yourself for the rest of your life or resign to do nothing and definitely hate yourself for the rest of your life.
>>
>>6441424
Is it a mental illness?
>>
>>6441305
They don't like the one they have.
>>
>>6441425
Yes. Modern medicine doesn't recognize gender dysphoria as a mental illness due to political correctness, but does recognize every other type of body dysphoria as one.
>>
>>6441420
Because gender dysphoria is awful.

Add to that that large part of society hates them, and that unless they have very accepting parents who will let them transition early, transition results may be... less than desirable, and there you have it.
>>
>>6441429
That must suck then. Not considering it a problem means that people will stop trying to find real solutions.
>>
>>6441433
Let's be real, with the current state of SRS (either way) the results are going to be less than great no matter what.
>>
>>6441434
It's actually sort of a moot point. By the time we find a solution that 'fixes' the brain making them accept their body we'll have the technology to really give them the body they want.

This generation is screwed though.
>>
>>6441437
But at least rest of the body (and voice) won't be fucked up if they start early, meaning they won't become social outcast by virtue of being trans alone.
>>
>>6441441
It's certainly much better, but a bit of a stretch of the imagination to say desirable.
If I have to get stabbed, I'll take it in the thigh rather than the eye, but I'm still going to be pretty upset.
>>
>>6441393
From my perspective, I'm pursuing my only chance at any life at all. Like many transsexuals, I tried everything I could think of to live with less pain as a man, in pursuit of sacred normalcy. Nothing worked for long. The last strategy I pursued before transitioning was to live as much like I wished to without medical intervention as I could do. I was happier to not be pretending to be particularly manly, but my body remained as awful to live in as ever, and that meant I still suffered bouts of depression and self-hate over it.

Now? I can see a future where I could actually be in a healthy relationship, even if it's going to be harder than for my cis peers. I have the motivation to pursue career opportunities. I have the consistency of well-being to gain readmittance to university. I have deeper and more fulfilling interactions with my friends and family.

It's a little off from normal, but it's quite a bit closer to good.
>>
>>6441433
>transition early
Why should this behavior be pushed on children? Most kids grow out of gender dysphoria with no problem.
>>
>>6441469
Not really. The statistic used to support that conclusion groups all gender non-conforming children into one pool, then counts every individual that does not pursue transition, or that leaves the (often abusive) programs that support this practice as "desisting". However, once you look only at those children expressing the same/similar symptoms we expect in adults and adolescents and incidentally represent the criteria for whether blockers are appropriate - surprise! They desist roughly as often as adults and adolescents (that is, very rarely).

It's a myth perpetuated by supporters of conversion therapy, not a valid statistic.
>>
>>6441486
Not that anon but source on the statistic and your conclusion?
>>
>>6441486
Here's the actual study. 61% of the people in the follow-up grew out of it. If what is being said in this thread about being trans is true, that it is painful and torturous, then it makes no sense to subject children to this until they're independent and can decide for themselves.

http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567(08)60142-2/abstract?cc=y=
>>
>>6441528
>children are literally incapable of having opinions or thinking for themselves until they hit arbitrary X years of age
Obviously it would be a shitty thing for a parent to push into a child, but cases of that are nigh nonexistent and to treat it as some pandemic is baseless fearmongering and pearl clutching.
>>
>>6441551
>Obviously it would be a shitty thing for a parent to push into a child, but cases of that are nigh nonexistent and to treat it as some pandemic is baseless fearmongering and pearl clutching.
No one said it was an epidemic, but nice strawman.
>>
>>6441305

My suspicion is largely a "grass is greener in the other side" mentality from someone who's failed at being their own gender.

If I were 10 years younger, I might've transitioned.

When I was 16 I was extremely thin (140lbs at 6'4) and had a very feminine face and voice. Guys made fun of me/beat me up. Girls either laughed or I was totally invisible to them. Not sure which was worse desu.

In my early 20's I started doing steroids and lifting. It fixed my body, face and personality. Now I'm good at being a cis man.

Had the option to transition been around for me 10 years ago, poor, meek, depressed, low-t, 16 year old me probably would have taken it.
>>
>>6441554
I said pandemic, not epidemic. Nice strawman. :^]
>muh fallacies
>>
>>6441305
Why not?
>>
>>6441498
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21216800
Is the source of the initial 84% statistic, complete with lost patients and children merely preferring to dress or behave atypically for members of their assigned gender being lumped together with children suffering significant distress over their maleness or femaleness.

An important thing to note here and looking at all other stats: a boy is referred to gender clinics much more readily, and for less atypical behaviours than a girl.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23702447
Is the author of the previous paper going back to look at how intensity of feelings impacted whether the ones studied would persist or desist.

And

http://m.pss.sagepub.com/content/26/4/467
Doesn't bother including children who aren't trans identified. Revolutionary.
>>
>>6441528
And this is an example of the second species of study I linked. It is clearly aware that the intensity children feel like behaving outside their assigned gender role strongly correlates to outcomes, but it remains unwilling to address the consistent, insistent, persistent identification criteria of treatment.

Which stands to reason. Zucker would never be seen touching an article that doesn't support conversion therapy.
>>
>>6441641
DANGANROMPA 1 SPOILERS:
[spoiler]So fujiski's situation is really unlikely
>>
>>6441393
I wish i was a chimera
>>
>>6441708
Spoilers don't work on /lgbt/, and I quite enjoyed Dangan Ronpa, so I'll leave it at: given the ages involved, the studies I listed don't say much about it.

But gender non-conforming behaviour doesn't need to be associated with transsexuals, and ideally should become less stigmatized in coming days, so that a girl or boy both could be respected regardless their choices in personal aesthetic or physical predispositions.
>>
>>6441361
Functioning mediocre imitation or being a dysfunctional and broken original? Pick your choice.
>>
>>6441768
STILL SPOILERS:
I was talking about the "hiding on the other gender and then wanting to face himself" aspect of Fujisaki
Not limited to adolescent, also growb men/girl/whatever
>>
>>6441949
I doubt it's very common. Still, there's at least one trans girl on mtfg who decided to ditch the trans thing, get swole, and be a man among men (until dysphoria got real bad again, and hormones became very badly needed).

No doubt there are cis boys out there feming it up who'll decide to get masc as hell and be cool with it. Maybe one even posted in this thread suggesting that, in another era, he might have tried transition instead.
>>
To match their gender
>>
File: 2ynh1le.png (81 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
2ynh1le.png
81 KB, 480x280
>>6441966
Little off topic:
Best Dangan?
I recently started The second One and I love Nagito
>>
File: photo.jpg (103 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
103 KB, 900x900
>>6441305

To have boys lift up their skirts and bully their girltinklers. Then have the boys hold them so tight while the boys ravish them they don't even have the space to breathe. Then the boys finish up by cuddling and saying sweet things into their ears.

Why are boys soooo leeewd?
>>
>>6441305

For poops and giggles.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1520x856) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1520x856
>>6441305
Because trans people have brains akin to the gender they identify as
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19403051
http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/11/2525.short
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0085914
Shits self
>>
>>6441564
grass is not greener on the tranny side my friend
>>
I could either live my life as an effeminate, awkward manlet, or be a trap and have a nice boyfriend who likes to give ass and head.
>>
>>6441393
You do realize a lot of trans people blend in much more than you think we do, right? Like you've honestly probably seen one and didn't even realize they were trans. And PLENTY of trans people have happy, normal lives and have partners who love and respect them.

You seem to think we're all just those old men who decide to transition when they're 40. Many of us blend in with society and contribute to society just fine. Most of us aren't that tumblr brand tranny that just wants attention and begs for it. Most of us just want to be under the radar and live normally.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.