[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
#notproudtobe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: It8cz.jpg (45 KB, 333x280) Image search: [Google]
It8cz.jpg
45 KB, 333x280
Anyone here NOT #proudtobe lgbt? OK, so I like the same sex myself. How is that something to be proud of? I'm proud of graduating college and finishing up graduate school. I'm proud because it's an accomplishment. I'm not proud of something that I just am, something incidental and adds no value to my being. I don't really feel like I'm part of the "lgbt community". Most of my brushes with it were filled with people who are seemed obsessed with their own sexuality and saw it as extension of left wing politics. It was so bizarre.
>>
>>6438017
No, I can't relate to this feeling. I have pride in being part of my community.
>>
>>6438017
I'm not proud to be trans. It fucking sucks.
>>
Because "Happy Gay Absence of Shame Parade" doesn't fit well on a banner, OP.
Congrats, you're a retard who doesn't understand context clues.
>>
I've been attractive since birth, and I'm proud of it. I've been intelligent ever since my intelligence started being measured, and I'm proud of it. I'm gay, and I'm proud of it. You're straight, and you're an idiot.
>>
>>6438072
>>>/r/6feetundergroundwithmywaifu
>>
>>6438022
Why?
>>
I take pride in the fact that I am gay but I'm still mostly closeted because the people around me don't
>>
>>6438017
Not necessarily proud to be bi, but not ashamed of it either. I do hate being trans though
>>
File: 1457289186597.jpg (525 KB, 2649x1429) Image search: [Google]
1457289186597.jpg
525 KB, 2649x1429
Figured out I was bi this year. I'm proud I came out to my friends and look forward to the pride I will feel when I tell my folks.
Who won't understand and will continue to loathe me.
>>
I don't go around boasting about being trans. I actually hide it from co workers, school and certain social events. I'm a lot more content that way.
>>
I am #proud to be a male-female hybrid abomination with a shrinking dick and tiny cone tits.
tbqhfamallah
>>
>>6438017
>How is that something to be proud of?

No one is actually proud to be LGBT. Things like gay pride events are part of a phenomenon called psychological reactance. When society tries to threaten behavioral freedoms, those affected respond by engaging in said freedoms more expressively. It's a defense mechanism. In this case, gay pride is the response to centuries of oppression against LGBT individuals. Slogans like "We're here, we're queer, get used to it" epitomize this perfectly.

Sure, LGBT rights have progressed over the last few years, but only in specific nations. It's going to take awhile for the social climate to change on a more global level. Until it does, the phenomenon of gay pride won't wind down anytime soon.
>>
File: cuck.png (109 KB, 221x217) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
109 KB, 221x217
>>6438633
Keep sucking that oppressor dick.
>>
They're trying to say they are proud despite being sub-human freaks, its like black pride.
>>
>>6438017
I think you're supposed to be proud that withstood homophobia and whatnot, the whole movement was all about "you might hate us, but we're too strong to give a fuck", >>6438633 explained it pretty accurately
That said I don't think there's any point in actual pride for modern LGB people especially lesbians, I'm not very proud myself
>dyke
>if anyone ever gave a fuck they forgot to inform me
>literally harder to come out about being allergic than being gay
Hardly any achievements there, nothing to react to either
>>
I've always felt pretty indifferent about being bi. Obviously I don't take kindly to threats and insults, but a lingering sense of shame or pride is something that I've never felt. I generally just don't give a shit about what people think.
>>
I am ashamed but mainly because I see it as a mental deviancy. I'm proud to be repressed/closet homo though because I view it as containing my mental illness.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 615x409
>>6438017
I'm comfortably ashamed to be.

Therefore I'm no longer lgbt. But straight and cis
>>
>>6438875
It's so comfy
>>
File: oppressedmy memes.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
oppressedmy memes.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>
>>6438493
Op here. I'm bi and do the same thing. My friends know but I'm not totally out with all of them (and at large) and frankly, I don't see why I should. Straight people don't go around saying "hey guys, I like the opposite sex, I'm so proud of myself ". I have no shame in my sexuality, it's a thing.
>>
>>6438017
>le contrarian meemay
>>
>>6438017
I don't take pride in anything I didn't actively accomplish. That said, I'm not ashamed either.

We could have our own parade. We could wear bland grey or beige clothing and shrug a lot.
>>
>>6438017
Personally, i can only feel proud of things I accomplished or helped do. I can't understand pride in something I didn't chose. Same with race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. I didn't do those, they just happened.
>>
>>6441567

A lot of people have it way different than you. They spend a lot of their teenage years or early adulthood feeling a shame for something that's natural and that they shouldn't feel ashamed about. Showing pride is just a response to that shame. It might feel like they're just parading around and being attention whores, but just keep in mind you don't know what they've gone through, you're just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Some might also be doing it to show closeted people that in fact it's possible to not be ashamed of it, that it's OK to be gay, and that they don't have to care about what straight people think about them.
>>
>>6438017
>being proud for something you didn't work for, didn't choose to, didn't strive for
Yeah I'm not proud for being gay, doesn't mean I'm not proud for being gay, not slutty and not depressed.
>>
pride is overrated, it makes people do stupid things and feel like they're better than other people
>>
File: 1459284994171.jpg (30 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1459284994171.jpg
30 KB, 600x549
>mfw a decade of depression has made me so dead inside I don't recognise the sensation of pride anymore
>>
>>6441732
Doubtful. You shitpost on 4chan because it makes you feel proud, and shitposting is the opposite of an accomplishment.
>>
>>6438017
>I'm proud of graduating college and finishing up graduate school. I'm proud because it's an accomplishment.
That's a pretty good outlook tbdesu.
>>
>>6438633
>No one is actually proud to be LGBT.

I am. It's part of being proud to be yourself. For some people, it can be a struggle coming to terms with it; when you make peace with the fact and realize that no matter what happens, being gay is a part of you and you'll never lose it, it's an amazing feeling and makes me feel proud to be myself.
>>
File: 1466617068707.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1466617068707.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>6438031
This desu

Anytime I think about it chances are it will fuck up the rest of my day

I can understand being proud of who you are and being who you are but being trans itself is just shitty
>>
Obviously you don't deserve a prize for being LGBT. It's just like not being ashamed. It's pride in the face of hate.
I'm quite surprised people are unable to grasp this.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.