[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I told this guy that I liked him. I love his response but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 160x90
So I told this guy that I liked him. I love his response but at the same time I kind of wanted him to say something else. I was afraid that our friendship would kinda end right there and then but he treated it like it was nothing.

Which is the reason why I wanted him to say something else. I am selfish for thinking that he would say he felt the same way, and its a bit of a fantasy. Hes never been with someone and Ive never been with someone so maybe he just feels awkward about the whole thing.

Anyway the point is that I still really like him and I don't know if theres anything I can do, I don't think I can. It might drive me crazy if I hang out with him a lot and I can't do anything about it. I am not prepared to lose this friendship but I really want something more. Advice? And also your stories, I want to hear stories like mine and what you did in them.

pic semi-related
>>
Respect his feels and do what makes you most comfortable.
>>
>>6433327
I don't know his feels. :(
>>
>>6433914
I thought I was clear, he didn't really say anything responding to it. He was just listening to me. I of course wanted him to say that he felt the same way, but that's unrealistic and selfish like I said before.
>>
>>6434105
What did he say? Did you even listen to him?
It doesn't sound like it went this:

>"I like you,"
>.................
>..................
>you walk away from each other

You're being very VERY unclear on what his response was.
>>
>>6434213
It was mostly me talking and him saying yeah, another friend walked in, and broke the tension.
>>
File: 0085-got.jpg (207 KB, 3000x1647) Image search: [Google]
0085-got.jpg
207 KB, 3000x1647
>>6434249
Still being unclear anon.

Try telling us exactly what happened with details.
>>
>>6432864
If he doesn't feel the same way you do then nothing's going to come of it.
The best you're going to get is that he's going to tease you and maybe let you suck his cock when you two are drunk.

Go to a club, hookup with a guy, and let all that sexual tension out.

If this man is not gay, you're wasting your time and feelings on him.
>>
>>6434270
Well he's gay also so he might go on this board. I mean I basically gave you all the details of what went down. Even if he did find this, likely he would assume it's me. But honestly all that happened was I told him I liked him and he said that's not bad at all. And then I started talking about how I've liked him for a while and he just sat there not really saying much. Until my other friend came in and started talking.
>>
>>6433456
Yes, you do. The problem is that you haven't given a good description of what his reaction to your confession was.

And emoticons aren't welcome here.
>>
>>6434277
It's not only sexual feelings, I mean I do have them, but it's more than that. And he is.
>>
>>6434282
>Hes never been with someone and Ive never been with someone so maybe he just feels awkward about the whole thing.'
Are you fuckers like high school age or something?
>>
>>6434288
How old are you two?
>>
>>6434298
Well graduated about a year ago. I went into the army he went to college.
>>
>>6434302
>>
File: what 6.gif (481 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
what 6.gif
481 KB, 500x321
>>6434282
>liked
How the fuck is he even going to know if you were talking about friendship, sexually or love?
>>
>>6434319
Well I can't say I love him, that sounds fake, I have a crush/fantasy about him. I do love him, but I haven't been going out with him or anything so it sounds like I'm being fake imo.
>>
>>6434330
Have you ever told him that you find him beautiful? That you love spending time with him? Things like that? Do you hug him when you meet or before parting? "Like", is a pretty generic word.
>>
>>6432864
>not greentext'ing your story
this grinds my gears
>>
>>6434282
>Until my other friend came in and started talking.
...And then what happened? And where is this all happening?
Details, anon. You're not giving enough details.
I assume he's out of the closet. Are you?
>>6434306
>he went to college.
>almost year ago
Realistically, he's probably already in a relationship or has had one.
Has it been a long time since you've seen this guy?
>>6434330
It would only sound fake to you if you weren't really in love with him.
You need to expose yourself to other guys and sort your own feelings out.

If it's just a fantasy but you don't really want to be romantic with your friend, that's okay.
>>
>>6434282
>my other friend
Is he also gay?
>>
>>6434348
I think he knew what I meant because I said how I felt good getting it off my chest for 2 years. And I pulled him over and told him I had something important to tell him
>>
>>6434360
Well he might be autistic or he might not know how to react. I wouldn't, I have no idea what to do if I were in his position, you can always ask him if he likes you too.
>>
>>6434355
It happened at his house, I'm out of the closet.

I told him recently, he hasn't been in a relationship ever. At least he hasn't told anyone.

It would sound fake to me if I was being told it. I would be flattered and everything but I wouldn't believe it because he hasn't kissed me, had sex with me or even gone on one date with me. I am in love with him but I think it would sound fake. I should've probably said that but he knew.
>>
>>6434366
I think it's the latter I could ask him how he feels that's a good idea anon
>>
>>6434375
Dude, why didn't you just ask him out on a date? Wouldn't it have been much easier?
>>
>>6434380
He is awkward though so even though he's not autistic I don't think he would know what to do in that situation.
>>
>>6434383
I was thinking that would be the next step. Because if I asked him out beforehand it would just be me and him hanging out in his head while I think it's a date? I want him to know my intentions and then see if he shared it. But he didn't say much so I don't really know what to do.
>>
File: Rafael Kubitschek.jpg (167 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
Rafael Kubitschek.jpg
167 KB, 750x1125
>>6434375
>I wouldn't believe someone when they say they are in love with me even though we've known each for a long time unless he has either
>kissed me
>had sex with me
>even gone on one date with me
I'm going to chalk that up to your inexperience with relationships then.

Have you asked him out on a date yet?
>>
>>6434392
just call him up, or meet him or text and say something along the lines of sorry for the awkwardness earlier, but I like you and I wanted to go and <whatever you want to do >. Just be prepared for the worst -that he will totally friendzone you and be prepared to be ok with that or at least don't get really upset. Try your best to keep things light.
>>
>>6434392
You should ask him out right now. Of course you two are going to be awkward because I assume you're lying about not being underaged.
>>
>>6434392
How long has it been since you confessed to him?
>>
>>6434404
Lol you can join the army at 17 but it's a pain in the ass to do. I'll do that though.
>>
>>6434407
It's been about 2, 3 days.
>>
>>6434403
Yeah that's a good idea, hang out with him alone somewhere.
>>
>>6434403
this.
>>6434411
And he hasn't gotten back to you? Damn. You're going to have to be prepared to be friendzoned or even worse, he's not going to want to see you anymore.
>>
>>6434426
Well we've been hanging out for years our friendship wouldn't end like that We talk but we didn't talk about that in particular.
>>
>>6432864
Something incredibly similar has happened to me, just when I found out I'm gay.

>be me, 14, summer vacation
>best friends with this guy I hang out all the time with
>he starts flirting with me, and I'm okay with it
>I don't want to accept I'm a fag so we stay friends
>still had amazing times together and even held hands a couple of times
>one time while I was sleeping over his place, I had a nightmare, and he just held me in his arms until I fell asleep
>school starts and we slowly fall apart
>meet again the following spring and decide to go out later
>I think it's the time to finally come out to him
>when I do he asks me why should he know that and pretends nothing ever happened between us
>fucker even tells people around my hometown about it

I can tell you that >>6434277 is right, all he's done all these years is tease me and never actually do something. I still have no idea if he's straight or not, even if he had a couple of girlfriends.

I ended up crying at my own birthday party because of him and coming out to most of my friends. He literally said he never cared about me, and I was dead drunk. Thought I didn't really feel that close to him after all this time, but I did, and it hurt, I should've let it go.

Things are much better now that I did.
>>
>>6434432
>we've been hanging out for years our friendship wouldn't end like that
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OH YOU POOR UNSUSPECTING FOOL
>>
>>6435155
That sucks had similar situation myself.
>comes to new highschool
>next to me sits a qt guy who everyone thinks its freak
>start being friends with him
>make gay jokes about us all the time
>last year of highschool was the cutest we've became even closer
>highschool ends i havent seen him in a year
>had a dream a about kissing him out of nowhere few weeks ago
>realize ive liked him ever since and that he's the only guy id date
>call him
>we go out
>nothing happens
>he said he'll call me again
>tfw you know he wont especially now when he knows im gay
>tfw every part of your body aches
>>
File: right in the kokoro.jpg (109 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
right in the kokoro.jpg
109 KB, 480x360
>>6435155
>He literally said he never cared about me
pls get this feel away from me.
>>
>>6434375
>I am in love with him.

you just said you were inexperienced and haven't ever really had a relationship before, how can you say you LOVE him?

No offense, but you don't know what love is yet, what you have is a very serious crush borderlining obsession, but not love.

end up in a relationship for a year+, then tell me your really in love..
>>
File: 1466175559422.png (388 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1466175559422.png
388 KB, 500x417
>>6435196
>headpat
>frisk, stay determined...
>>
>>6435226
Why is it such a problem for you to hear someone say i love you? I literally have 0 problem with that both saying and being told to. I knew i loved 1 person even though we never dated.
>>
>>6435246
my problem is you don't really know what real love is, and your cheapening the meaning of love by saying that your crush is love. your harmful to vocabulary. it upsets me.
>>
>>6435263
Dont tell me what i know and what i dont know. It took me 6 fucking years to get over the person i LOVED and im still not completely done with the whole situation. I never dated anyone else, never liked anyone else in past 6 years except him until recently. But feels like i always go back to him.
>>
>>6435278
>don't tell me

but I am. you don't know what real love is, your inexperienced in relationships, and think your strong feelings for these men is love. Listen, you won't understand what real love is, until , you've lived with that person for a good while. get to know every aspect of them, their pros, cons, all of it.

your a child who is just falling head over heels for guys you barely even know on a deep emotional level.

>im in love
what a joke
>>
>>6435320
No, i know this guy actually pretty well, he was always giving to me that bromance vibe even though hes 100% straight. If there wasnt him id literally get beaten up in highschool all the time, he was always protecting me from everyone, would hang out with me all the time, hug me, watch movies with me, eat fries in his car in 4am and stuff like that. Its not that i had a crush on a guy i dont even know. When i told him i loved him he said he loves me too but not the way i wanted since he cant be sexually attracted to men.
>>
>>6435226
I know and I was explain to everyone how that sounds fake. I knew it would, but it's true. He would've probably said the same thing.
>>
>>6435320
And yeah like >>6435356 said I've know him for like 3 or 4 years, it's not like I'm going in this blind. I will say I have a crush on him and I have a fantasy with him. But all in all I still love him. I haven't done anything with him relationship wide so you're right I can't say I love him that way, but there are certain types of love and I know I definitely love this guy.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.