[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long Distance Relationships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: me.jpg (79 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
79 KB, 500x375
Does anyone have experience with long distance relationships?
>>
Yes.

Don't.
>>
>>6428814
This. They will cheat on you. It will hurt you. You will miss out on your life.
>>
Yes. Ldr are incredibly sad, miserable and devastating. Dont try it, op.
>>
>>6428841
Not to mention you may end yourself up with a super controlling possessive power freak. Then you're really fucked.
>>
>>6428814
/thread
>>
>>6428681
I was in a long distance relationship for 4 years, after this we were able to move to the same country and we still live together now.

It's really difficult but if there is real love and you are both willing to be reasonable it can work. Time zones can be a big problem, I had to stay up until 2:00 every day so I could speak to him. Looking back I'm surprised it worked out desu.
>>
>>6428959
Thank you

I think I am in love.. she makes me want to push myself.. I only have to wait a year or so.. but damn if it worked out
>>
File: dissapointment.jpg (11 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
dissapointment.jpg
11 KB, 308x308
>wants people's experiences
>only replies the ones he agrees with
>>
>>6428681
Do you have more pics like that?

Look at that smooth boibutt!!!
>>
>>6428681
Can somebody shop a well- placed trump hat on this cutie?

I need it for posting on /pol/, now as Trump is going for the whole "I protect and cherish cute gay boys from evil muslim butch looking terrorists"-vibe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPuoaw3UM3U
>>
>>6428681
Yes, can totally be worth it if it works out. If not you feel like >>6428814 and >>6428848 but isn't that the same with any kind of relationship? The only thing you missed out on was the no sex part.
>>
>>6428681
would not recommend

>meet guy here in the states
>he's from france
>date for a while while he's in school
>love, sex, intimacy
>he has to go back for a year to finish over there
>skype every night
>masturbate together since it's as close as we can get
>feel a difference in him
>ask if he still loves me. he says he does
>can't shake that feeling
>skyping one night and naked guy walks behind him to bathroom
>dead silence from both of us
>like a long, dead silence
>he hangs up
>calls me next day to tell me it's over.
>his new boyfriend was pushing him to end it, he wouldn't so the naked drive-by was the only way to push him to end it

even if you feel you can do it, it takes two.you'd be better off telling the other person that you will both play the field and if the feels are still there when you can get together, then do it.
>>
>>6428681
If you have the money it'll work.
If you don't its gonna hurt like a bitch.
>>
>>6428868
P.s. i would like to know how that happened.
>>
>>6428681
I was in a LDR after i left for college with my HS gf, dont do it
>just break up with them when one of u leaves ur doing both of u a favor

>>6428814
this guy knows it
>>
How much distance constitutes a LDR? Even a two hour drive from my bf makes me nervous. I want to be able to see him whenever I want but with two full time jobs it feels like an every other weekend thing.
>>
If you already think you're "in love" then it's too late for you desu, you've already decided in the back of your head that you're going to try an ldr so there wasn't much point in this thread.

My main advice to people is that they avoid all situations that could lead to an ldr, because it's a fucking nightmare. Speaking from personal experience, I've been in one maybe 2 years now, and neither of us are in a position where we can even meet up, let alone move countries to live together.
>>
>>6431324
Zero physical contact for the time you BOTH say you're together.
>>
>>6428681
>me.jpg

SHIT, is that fucking you!

Straight guy here, just passing through. You look like a cute anime character. No homo, but I would probably fuck you butt if given the chance.
>>
>>6428681
I've been in a distance relationship for almost two years and it's horrible. We live in different countries and see each other once half a year.
Don't try it, just, just don't.
It will definitely hurt you.
If you've been in this relationship before, for a while, and it's a temporary thing, then this is a different story.
>>
>>6428681
I want to put my long distance cock in that long distance ass.
>>
File: 1465859715166.png (974 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1465859715166.png
974 KB, 1366x768
In one for 2 years. Different countries. It's been perfect but mostly because our personalities match and we visit eachother every 2-3 months.

Feel free to ask anything.
>>
>>6430356
Don't count on it working out. You've gotta work pretty hard at it for just the chance of it working out.
Sounds like you've already made up your mind. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>6431764
Was considering breaking up with my current partner over it. It's just been okay and he's cheated on me.

We'd have the chance to visit a few times a year until we moved in together in about one year.. I wonder if it can stretch that long. She's already telling me she loves me. I think I love her too. It's a little qt transgirl who is a smarter replica of me. We talk for a few hours every day.

My question for you is was it relatively easy to keep the interest if you're both very similar?
>>
File: frog1.jpg (29 KB, 320x187) Image search: [Google]
frog1.jpg
29 KB, 320x187
>I know that I'm in fuckup territory and I want to know if my autistic gamble is going to pay off with a romcom ending

It's not, git gud @ IRL
>>
>>6431852
The tl;dr version is at bottom:

I'm a guy and she's a girl. As a guy, I can say that I often get the urge to cheat on her. I fantasize about other women. We men can become horny as fuck and often think with our dicks. But it's kinda in our nature. I made this clear to her (because she can take it). What's important is that I respect her enough to not cheat on her. I've been with her for 2 years and I haven't cheated on her yet. I get the urge. Women flirt with me, etc. but I still have that respect towards my girlfriend. If she was any other girl, I'd probably have cheated on her already. But she's a prophet in my eyes and she doesn't deserve it.

It's highly likely that I'd end up cheating if we keep LDR for the following years. Long distance relationships are not meant to last forever. They are only tolerable for the first few years. Then you really need to live together. Thus we made a plan and we're moving in after we graduate. We already stayed together for about 7-8 months and it was perfect. I never had the urge to cheat when I lived with her. The distance is what makes it hard.

Sorry if I went off topic, this is my anecdotal experience to counter the "Don't do it, you WILL cheat on her/him" posts.

tl;dr:
We haven't lost interest in eachother. For the past two years, we never got bored of eachother. We have very similiar personalities. But we're beyond being a couple, we're more like family at this point. Our relationship has progressed so much, we share everything, we met eachother's families, we made our future plans, etc.

We didn't have to "try" not to lose interest if that's what you mean. It comes naturally. You won't have to try. But for this to happen, you really need to love her and respect her and have similiar personalities. I'm one of the horniest fucks alive and I'm surprised I haven't cheated on her yet even though the opportunity came up many times. There's this emotional barrier that stops me.
>>
>>6431891
>We didn't have to "try" not to lose interest if that's what you mean. It comes naturally. You won't have to try. But for this to happen, you really need to love her and respect her and have similiar personalities. I'm one of the horniest fucks alive and I'm surprised I haven't cheated on her yet even though the opportunity came up many times. There's this emotional barrier that stops me.

I read all of it. I just broke up with my current BF to pursue this idea. It wasn't that great of a relationship and it never was magical beyond a few moments. Thank you for the advice; it seems to just happen if it happens.
>>
File: bull.jpg (323 KB, 1180x787) Image search: [Google]
bull.jpg
323 KB, 1180x787
>>6432022
Of course I don't know you, your boyfriend (now ex I suppose) and your relationship so I can't really say much. But considering it was simple for you to leave him and you didn't consider the relationship great, you did good. There's no reason to pursue such a relationship. Of course I don't know what you seek. Some people are content with such relationships.

I wish you good luck anon. Feel free to ask if you have any inquiries. I'd be glad to help with what I have.
>>
>>6432056
I doubt it will work looking at it now but my last relationship was comfortable. I feel sad that I left him but it wasn't perfect. He cheated on me once... Maybe I'll rebound soon.
>>
Currently in a LDR. Was in a couple in my teens until I realized that 99% of them don't work out and I was wasting my time and could be getting action and love in real life. Did that for a while, but met my current BF online by chance. We've been together for over a year, and will move in together next summer after he finishes his degree. That's the plan anyways. Only did it because he's in a reasonable driving distance, I see him on every break he has and for most of the summer. It's really tough but we're dedicated to making it work. That said, my experience is unique and not typical of LDRs.
>>
>>6435780
Do you have throwaway contact info or something? You can vent to me if you need to.
>>
>>6436539
[email protected]

Thank you
>>
>>6436550
>[email protected]

Mail.com or gmail.com?
>>
>>6436555
mail.com
>>
File: 1453355256591.png (43 KB, 365x166) Image search: [Google]
1453355256591.png
43 KB, 365x166
>>6430555
>try google image search
>pic related
K E K
E
K
>>
>>6436566
Sent
>>
>>6436622
I just searched cute transgender tumblr on google. I don't really browse tumblr but here:
http://cutetransgirls.tumblr.com/
>>
>>6428681
Been in one for almost 2 years now, met when I went to uni, hade to move back home, so it didnt start out as a ldr, but we try to meet as regularly as we can. I cant rly complain about it, worst part is going to bed alone after you meet for a week or two.
>>
>tfw clingy autistic anime bf
Couldnt be happier
>>
File: 1458874052621.png (610 KB, 514x572) Image search: [Google]
1458874052621.png
610 KB, 514x572
>>6437404
You son of a gun
Enjoy it for the both of us
>>
>>6428681
Are you or them financially well off, able to commit to a plan to be together in short order, and have good mental endurance? If not do not attempt, if yes it can work out.

My relationship started off as friends. I flew across the world to meet them, and I decided I liked them after living with them for a few months. A year later I paid for them to get a visa to come up, and we got engaged after a year of living together in person. My scenario is very rare and frankly was only possible due to my income so your mileage may vary.

It is also worth noting there was never a risk of them being unfaithful as they became completely emotionally dependent on me, if you are not able to get your SO in the same state of mind you could develop trust issues from the distance.
>>
>>6439428
That's good advice, it would seem that we are emotionally dependent on each other.

It's not impossible to pull 10k out of a hat and have her move near. She only lives 3k miles away. I think I have a good chance.

>>6436641
I sent you an email.
>>
I'm in an LDR with my girlfriend, I moved for my job.

We had been dating for ~1.5 years before the move, and living together for about 6 months. I've been moved away for almost a year now. It fucking sucks. If we end up back together it will have been worth it but if we end up breaking up I'm going to be so pissed at myself for wasting all this time and energy on keeping it going. It's really fucking hard.
>>
>>6440057
Sent.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.