[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of these names ring a bell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 640x640
Any of these names ring a bell?
>>
>>6426556

>both my states' senators aren't on this list

I expected as much. No-fly list isn't one hundred percent accurate, so I don't agree with the no-fly list being used to determine who should or shouldn't be allowed to purchase a gun.
>>
>>6426556
>dems reject republican no-fly list purchase delay
>reject expansion of mental health background check because it isn't broad enough
Stop trying to spin this. People are dying because the democrats refuse to consider reasonable proposals.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>6426556
How would it have prevented him from buying a gun?

He had a federal security clearance. And what do you mean suspected of terrorism? There was no on going investigation against him.

But I know you, like the typical Democrat you'll ignore these points and reblog your picture.
>>
Something something something due process.

Should I wear a pink triangle armband next?
>>
To be honest, using the terror watchlist to bar people from buying guns seems like an impractical idea even if you overlook the sheer amount of people that government agencies have "investigated" over the years and how we really ought to curb back their powers before granting the potential to bar political opposition from owning guns.

But, let's say that last bit weren't a concern - what's to stop someone, or a group of people, from figuring out they were barred from buying a gun because they were on the terror watchlist? Because if they actually were a terrorist it probably wouldn't be that hard to put two and two together.
>>
File: shoot back.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1151) Image search: [Google]
shoot back.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1151
>>6426556
Yeah, because fuck due process.
Remember when Democrats condemned the terror watchlists and no fly lists, rightfully, as atrocities, and now they'll just gladly settle for it?

>>>/pol/77970402
I don't love this board but basically every other or every third post in this thread explains why this would have been a monumentally terrible idea.
>>
>>6426556
He wasn't suspected of terrorism by the government

He had a top secret clearance retard
>>
>>6428294
>>>/infowars/
>>
>>6428335
http://www.westernjournalism.com/omar-mateen-worked-department-homeland-security-contractor/
>>
>>6428349
BUY MUH FILTERS
>>
>>6428359
>gets btfo
>resorts to shitposting
>I was just pretending to be retarded

What's the next step of your master plan
>>
>>6428409
Crashing this thread with no survivors.
>>
>>6428349
>ISIS and mexican drug cartels are working together
This is some seriously terrible fanfiction. Fucking retard didn't even bother to research the setting first. If he actually paid attention to the lore at all he'd know those two groups fucking despise each other.
>>
>neither of my worthless sens are there
Useless bastards.
>>
Suspected, no charges. Fuck you fascist.
>>
You know what else could have hindered the Pulse Massacre? A gun.
>>
>>6426556
Background checks wouldn't have prevented the massacre. The dude had a security background.

Also I bet most of those senators are jews.
>>
Nobody from my state
>>
If criminals want guns, they can get guns regardless the legislation. See Brussells and Paris
>>
>>6429830
There was an armed cop there, and he wasn't able to stop it. Adding "a gun" is unlikely to have made much difference, since that one extra armed person likely wouldn't have been in a position to take down the shooter. You'd really need most of them, or at least a significant number, to be armed for it to make a difference.

>>6430964
Those weren't mere criminals though, those were well organized terrorists. The average criminal doesn't know how to get a gun illegally without running the risk of getting caught.
>>
File: 1465857634421.png (281 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1465857634421.png
281 KB, 512x512
>>6431710
>The average criminal doesn't know how to get a gun illegally without running the risk of getting caught.
>>
File: wealth-of-crime.png (58 KB, 616x348) Image search: [Google]
wealth-of-crime.png
58 KB, 616x348
>>6431710
To illustrate, there's about 8000 or so murders with guns each year, the very most of these are committed by gang members, against other gang members, for gang member reasons, most of this gang violence is concentrated in very particular parts of the nation, California is a common example of this (though it isn't any longer quite the gangland melee that was South Central L.A in the 80's and 90's), Minnesota has it's share, and there's actually a notable amount in Alaska, subsisting on local oil money.

Clearly, criminals don't have problems arming themselves.
Hell, it's not hard to arm yourself under strict laws, Australian criminals make their own weapons, often sawed off shotguns and home made automatic weapons.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PcHb5rvZQIs/U_e18sPcIPI/AAAAAAAACHM/r9Z0tRindLk/s1600/home-made-guns-476x660.jpg
>>
File: LUTY.jpg (33 KB, 522x350) Image search: [Google]
LUTY.jpg
33 KB, 522x350
>>6431894
This here is a Luty, it can be made from basically any common kind of hardware store materials in the first world and doesn't require any advanced tooling or expertise.

These have cropped up a lot in Australia ever since the bans.
>>
File: 1463905713021.png (462 KB, 850x506) Image search: [Google]
1463905713021.png
462 KB, 850x506
>>6431901
It's beautiful
Aussie uprising when
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.