[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me help him.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Salad.jpg (488 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
Salad.jpg
488 KB, 1600x1071
Hello lgbt peoples. I'm not gay, and frankly don't know much about the gay community, which is why I'm here. Last night, a few apartments down from me, a family booted out their teenage kid after a very loud fight over the kid being found out as gay. After it happened, my gf found him just sitting on the curb outside. We took him in and let him crash on our couch for the night so he'd have a roof over his head and not be out in the elements.

He's obviously pretty shaken up, but he's just a kid and doesn't have anywhere to go. Frankly I don't think he should stay here, seeing as we can't exactly take care of him, and it's like 80 feet away from the family that just kicked him out. I've read before that there is support for people who find themselves in his position, but I don't know where to start looking. How can I help this kid out? He's too young to be on his own.

Pic obviously not related. I don't normally have real serious pictures hanging around.
>>
File: refugees welcome.png (115 KB, 2400x1791) Image search: [Google]
refugees welcome.png
115 KB, 2400x1791
Is he underage? Just call the police.
>>
>>6418980
Look up if there are any lgbt support centers in your area. There may be a housing initiative for him.

Also, slash the tires of those godforesaken horrible parents while youre at it.
>>
>>6418992
But only slash 3, because then their insurance won't pay for it.
>>
>>6418989
Yes he's under age
>>
>>6419041
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to just kick out your underage children.
>>
>>6418980
Just contact an lgbt support center, usually there is one, or multiple ones, in every city. They can deal with any legal issues as well assuming he wishes to pursue that avenue.
>>
>>6419056
would you rather him living with potentially abusive parents?
>>
>>6419108
Just let the government deal with it. You can testify if they will need you to.
>>
>>6419108
If they get charged then what would occur is he lives somewhere else and his parents pay child support.
>>
Keep him. Turn in into your boytoy bottom for when your gf doesn't wanna fuck. It's not gay if you call him a sissy while doing it.
>>
>>6418980
Specify his age, like 10 - 13 14 - 16 or 17 - 20 ?
>>
>>6419173
He's 15.

I called around a bit. There's a place about 45 minutes from here that's a shelter-like place for in-crisis lgbt youth. So far looks like the best option, or at least is somewhere that can likely point me in the right direction.
>>
>>6419619
Why didn't you call the authorities ?
>>
>>6419766
Don't get enough Tumblr points that way
>>
That was pretty cool of you to let him stay but the best thing now is to call the cops. He's underage so they'll help him find a place. If he's 15 then his life isn't entirely fucked so don't feel bad about him having to spend like 2 and a half years in a foster home (worst case scenario)
>>
>>6420337
>(worst case scenario)
That sounds like best case scenario, who wouldn't want to be with parents that actually want to take care of someone?
>>
>>6420400
foster homes are known to have some rough shit go down sometimes. If that's the worst case scenario though then there's absolutely no reason not to call the police
>>
>>6420400
Life in foster homes isn't much better than life in prison, even the shittiest kind of abusive parents are better than that.
>>
>>6419619
This makes me so sad, but OP is a scholar and a gentleman for actually helping the poor kid.

lgbt crisis shelter is the safest option, also youth help centers are fairly common.
I used to volunteer at one when i was 18 and the youth workers are honestly 99% amazing people who will do everything they can to help.
>>
File: things that never happened.jpg (57 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
things that never happened.jpg
57 KB, 640x920
>when I see this thread
>>
>>6419002
Also, poke a hole in the muffler
>>
You could ask around and see if anyone can take him. I could ask tumblr, or if he's close enough my partner and I can keep him for as long as he needs, we have the room. I've been in a similar situation, no one should have to worry like that.
>>
If I were you I'd call a LGBT youth support center, and if the kid is okay with it get the authorities involved.

Also OP you're a wonderful person for helping this kid out.
>>
>>6418980
Just kick him to curve
Fucking faggots and idiot kids
What dumbass comes out to their parents when they aren't sure how they'll react?

This is the lesson lgbt people should teach not loud and proud
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.