[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ is being the opposite of helpful so I'm coming here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 500x443
/adv/ is being the opposite of helpful so I'm coming here.

For reasons I will not debate here, I am having a sex change. I was born and raised a girl and had a vague father whom my mother shooed out when I was 14 and who died a few years later because nobody was looking after his self-destructive ass. I have no supportive male figures in my life who would have their shit together or any kind of interest or resources for an extra burden.

Is there anything one ought to know about being a man that you can't learn from TV?
>>
sorry you can't choose to be trans and if you seriously are using the words "sex change" you pretty clearly dont have any fucking clue what you're in for. having daddy issues doesn't make you trans

-sincerely a ftm man on t for 3 years
(i hope youre looking forward to give yourself painful injections in your ass weekly)
>>
Sounds cliche, but just be yourself.
Have the confidence to just be yourself and present yourself how you want to others, not how TV show writers think people act as.
>>
>>6418532
>I want to be a man

Get ready for life on hardmode.
>>
>>6418567
I've been trying to get into treatments since I was 14, spent a good four years trying damn hard *not* to be trans and only came back to the truth a year ago.

All my friends are cishets and I don't bother to use the most politically correct terminology 100% of the time because I'm tired of having to explain everything all the time.

Today I had to convince a room full of people that "cis" is neither an insult nor an inherently SJW term and it has nothing to do with being or not being white or disabled.

Nobody I interact with on a daily basis knows this shit and unfortunately it apparently IS my job to educate them.

The pea is under YOUR mattress, dear.
>>
>>6418532
so you have had no father figure but you want to become a man?
>>
>>6418641
I'm not going to debate the potential psychological or biological origins of trans identities but this is indeed the thing which has happened.

I don't personally think having a father who wasn't a morbidly alcoholic autist would have made me turn out any other way, anyway.
>>
>>6418600
Well, you came to the people who actually know this shit and used the term sex change, so you are at fault when we assume you don't know what you are in for.
>>
>>6418702
I have a strict policy of not apologising when I'm not sorry.
>>
>>6418532
Instead of trying to be the man of the household because of your daddy issues find a real man and be his woman.
>>
>>6418763
>goes here for advice
>sounds like an idiot who knows nothing about ftm transition
>gets called out on it
" waa waa sorry not sorry "

you really are an idiot. you wouldn't need advice on to "how to become a man" if you really were a man. if I stayed in the closet I would've an heroed at 13 years old. it's not a fucking choice and it's not something I would've chosen if I had the choice to not have to go through all this legal shit and shots but it's the only thing keeping me alive in this body
>>
>>6418808
I literally copy-and-pasted my original post from /adv/, and didn't remember to translate it back from cishet.

Nail me to a fucking cross if that's your kink.
>>
>>6418826
Irrelevant. If you're asking on how to learn to be a man, you aren't trans.
>>
>>6418843
t. TruTrans (TM)
>>
>>6418826
I think being trans isn't where your problems end tbqh familia.

/adv/ probably wasn't helpful because you are impossible to help. Sorry but if you really want help stop looking like an absolute moron.
>>
>>6418843
You ever noticed how kids raised by animals usually don't know how to speak or wear clothes?

Human beings are the product of the society who raises them. By not being raised into the role of the correct gender, I don't see how it's controversial to claim that one would grow up not knowing all that being gender Y socially speaking involves.
>>
>>6418826
Well, what the fuck do you want? There's no one way to "be a man". 99% of people would just say if you have a dick, you're a man. It's not a mindset or religion, no one can teach you how to man.
>>
>>6418857
I'm a biscum male with a penis though
>>
>>6418864
Go fuck yourself with a rake.
>>
>>6418872
So the answer to my original question is "no"?

Thank you.

For the life of me I don't understand why the fuck I have to fight an entire forum just to pry out one yes-or-no answer.
>>
>>6418865
>implying kids have ever been raised by animals
Have you ever been outside?
>>
>>6418865
Not a good analogy. OP doesn't have a father figure, but they're still part of society and should have a grasp on how men act.
>>
>>6418942
>you'll meet feral children by going out in a megapolis
this is what deluded legbutts actually believe
>>
>>6418942
Have you literally never heard of feral children?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child

Google Amala and Kamala if you don't think Wikipedia is a reliable source.

>>6418951
While being raised by women in an all-female environment where a man's role is virtually entirely limited to resisting the urge to kill and eat his own young?

From what I have been taught, men are useless at best and dangerous at worst. As I do not consider myself either, I am somewhat confused on how to man.
>>
>>6418973
I'm a trans guy with a single mom. Have you just never encountered any men in your life? Lol
>>
>>6418996
Only briefly.
>>
>>6419015
How? Girls only boarding school your whole life?
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 800x820
>>6418872
Yes it is you fucking liberal nu male cuckold

There are plenty of things that bring a man entails

Don't take advice from these stupid manhating feminazis OP
>>
>>6419038
No male teachers in kindergarten, school or hobbies, friends' dads all either completely absent or indifferent deadbeats.

I had both of my grandfathers and two uncles, but I've only ever seen them about once or twice per year, and while I have a vague understanding that there are men who do more than vaguely tolerate their families, I'm still kind of skeptical of the whole concept.
>>
>>6418567
>>6418808
>>6418843
Sure is Tru-Trans™ in here.
>>6418532
You feel you should be male but worry that you won't fit in as male right? This is normal. The female-to-male transsexuals here claiming to be bench pressing 200 lbs and hunting deer from age 12 are special-snowflake tumblrinas. Honestly just be yourself. If you're happier presenting as a man you'll likely fit right in. Even if you end up standing out as a bit feminine it doesn't matter because you're happy with the way you look.
>>
>>6419060
Most divorces are initiated by women you dunce
>>
>>6419069
I once asked my granddad to take me hunting with him. His ears are going out a bit, and he conveniently decided to be deaf at that moment.

>>6419076
My mom divorced my dad because he was a danger in the house. He died three years after she gently shooed him out of the house because he had never lived alone on his own and had no self-control.

I do believe there is more to life than getting a wife, impregnating her a few times and spending the rest of my life vaguely tolerating the family I created until they figure out they are better off without me and kick me out.

I don't know what it is, but there has to be something.
>>
>>6419060
How do you know you want a sex change if you don't even know what a man is.
>>
>>6419131
How do you know you can't breathe sand if you've never tried it?

Salmon can't read and they know how to go to the places they were born to mate. Nobody tells spiders how to weave webs.

I grew up thinking nobody actually wants to be a girl. Having breasts and not having a dick feel bad. These things don't go away with age or education.
>>
>>6418532
Nobody can tell you how to be a man. The most important part of manhood is self-reliance, and nobody can teach you that.
>>
Watch Lord of the Rings
>>
>>6419152
>These things don't go away with age or education.

despite the numerous reports of children growing out of their phase of wanting to be a girl/boy :^)
>>
Don't listen to anyone here or elsewhere about what it means to "be a man." You're probably young so you may not have realized this yet, but there is no man handbook, there are no man brainwaves, there is no secret man handshake, and there is nothing you have to do or abstain from in order to be a man. There is literally nothing you "ought to know."

Don't try to act like the men you see on TV. Those are characters, not people. Just act like yourself. I mean obviously there's physical stuff related to passing, but that's a different subject entirely. (Unless that's what you're asking about.)

Sincerely, a stealth post-transition FTM
>>
>>6419224
I'm just going to be an insecure screaming drunk who fights people.
>>
>>6418532
Skype to talk about this?
>>
>>6419280
I don't have skype.
>>
>>6418666
I mean, pretty much everything about someone's development can be twisted to seem like a reason for them "turning" trans. I'm in the opposite of your situation, I have a healthy amount of respect for my dad and our relationship isn't awful, but we were never super close, and I spent a lot of time worrying if somehow looking up to him too much influenced me. In the end, it doesn't matter.

As for your question, it depends how malleable your personality is in the first place, but it's really not as hard as you'd think. If you hang out with mostly guys long enough you start to pick up on their mannerisms really fast. Though changing your speech pattern takes a bit of effort.
>>
>>6419331
My primary group of friends is mostly female. The only male friend I have is a stupid self-destructive fuck whom I wouldn't use for reference if it was my only option.
>>
>>6419313
Maybe make skype? It takes like 5 minutes or so, I can tell you many things about being men, but it's really pain in the ass to type with half-broken keyboard
>>
>>6419450
Don't trust this nigga
>>
>>6419450
The issue is, technically speaking I have skype, but it doesn't work. It demands some update that fails every single time and tells me to contact some fucks somewhere, and for some reason I can't uninstall it either.

Many thirsty guys with a knack for computers have tried to help me fix this with no success.
>>
>>6419069
what this fag said, look op, it all boils down to what you want to see in the mirror. im not one for fucking labels, and tru trans is a fucking joke meme bait for some fucking bullshit "aceptance". op, if you are happy being a man then be one, if you want to be fem then do it, if you want srs then go for it, but at the end of the day only you kno ur own shit op, so get to it.
>>
>>6419475
That's unfortionate, I would write here something but it really takes me minutes to write even one sentence with this keyboard. Sorry for not being helpfull and I wish you the best in your life :-)
>>
>>6419519
I want to be a man, but I also want to be loved and supported and since I'm not attracted to women, that is going to be impossible.

>>6419538
It's alright, and I appreciate you trying.
>>
>>6419519
>>6418532

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~DRBR2/wright.htm

The Man Who Was Almost a Man

By Richard Wright

here is a story that imho would be a good guideline for how to be a man, manly concepts and whatnot.
i know this isnt /lit/ or some shit like that but i would suggest looking towards literature to be your answer towards what it is to be a "man", i mean, if you are looking for a board that would teach you that shit, hang out at
/o/
/hm/
/k/
/sci/
/pol/
or some shit like that, and ask around, but it sounds to me like you need to find yourself before you even think about transitioning.
idk dude, im just some faggot tranny on 4chan trying to help some faggot out. its all up to you.

oh by the way, ur a fucking degenerate.....
>>
>>6419564
so then be a fucking gay dude with a bear....
for fuck sake OP, dont be a tranny just because you think you are not a "good" man, or some shit like that
>>
>>6419564
its just you making it impossible for yourself, fuck OP its the same everywhere, be it trans, bio men or women, its all the same shit!!!

> i want to___ but i cant because (insert fucking retarded reason here )
>ill do __ instead

everyone is like this, not just you OP (not saying that to insult you /= saying that you said it).
just go fucking find yourself you faggot....
>>
>>6419616
I'm ftm.
>>
>>6419240
This has been my plan for years OP and so far it's working out okayish.
>>
>>6419696
the go through with it

(switch everything around)
FTMs are rare so there is def bound to be somone out there who will give you what you want
>I want to be a man, but I also want to be loved and supported and since I'm not attracted to women, that is going to be impossible.

just hang out with dudes, make a male teacher your role model,read literature. something around those lines
hope this helps, faggot.....
>>
>>6419696
Okay but you can still find men to date you.

There are men who are either biscum that date trans men or gay men who just are into that, it's rarer than straight dudes being into transwomen but it does exist.

Shit I know two FtMs who are sex workers that cater to bi cis men.
>>
>>6419753
what this anon said...
>>
>>6419753
But men aren't really supportive of their partners.

Once the supply of sex, money or whatever he was after dries up, he's gone.
>>
File: 1461703695897.png (501 KB, 667x410) Image search: [Google]
1461703695897.png
501 KB, 667x410
>>6419772
Some are?

Shit I am a gay FtM who was engaged to be married and in a relationship is several years while transitioning and my partner was supportive.

It ended, yeah, but it had nothing to do with my transition and everything to do with the fact that my partner and I had different career goals.

Now my relationship before the last one did end because I transitioned. You know why? Because I tried to force myself to live as a woman in a straight relationship and my boyfriend at the time had gone into the relationship expecting it to be a relationship between a man and a woman. I can't fault him for not wanting to be with a trans man if that's not what he's into.

I actually delayed transistioning to stay with him because I was terrified of losing him but in the end, all I did was make it harder to separate both financially and emotionally when I inevitably couldn't take the dysphoria anymore.

Begin transitioning first, then try and find a boyfriend, otherwise it's going to end in disaster. You have to put yourself first and then figure everything else out around that.

Your only reason for holding back should never be other people.
>>
>>6419829
I just want a hand to hold to help me through it.

The mental ward won't do. They want me to fail.
>>
File: ronnycordova.jpg (8 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
ronnycordova.jpg
8 KB, 320x181
>>6419864
Listen friend, you don't have to have a boyfriend to hold your hand through this shit - it can be a friend too?

Shit, I would offer to give you my contact details but this is 4chan and also I am a shit-tier role model.
>>
>>6418532
>For reasons I will not debate here
>>
sorry love but you're not ftm
if you were you wouldn't be acting like a little princess
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.