[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Height is a social construct. It has no basis in biology and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: social_construct.jpg (109 KB, 610x750) Image search: [Google]
social_construct.jpg
109 KB, 610x750
Height is a social construct. It has no basis in biology and only exists because people believe it exists. We are assigned an arbitrary height at birth and conditioned to be short or tall due to peer pressure.
If I identify as 6'4", that's what I am, and anyone who says otherwise is a bigot. Measuring sticks are tools of oppression, that's why they're called RULERS.
>>
File: autismmeter.gif (128 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
autismmeter.gif
128 KB, 728x426
>>6415516
Congratulations, your retarded.
>>
Ahahahah rulers haha
>>
>>6415516
>Manlets actually believe this

Just transition and get it over with already. You're not a real man
>>
>>6415516
Go bad to your basketball court stretch.
>>
gr8 b8 m8 r8 it 8/8.

But srsly tho.
It's the fact that anyone CARES about your height that's a social construct. Why should they care when it has nothing to do with them or their lives?

If you get what I'm scratching at.
>>
>>6415649
Funny that you mention this, I only care about body proportions and facial proportions. Couldn't give less a shit about height. (Im bisexual)

tl;dr
If you're ugly, you're ugly no matter how tall or short you are.
>>
>>6415973
I'm bisexual, and a bit of a size queen, if i could find like a 5'2 guy with 9 inches i'd be thrilled
>>
"Rape is bad" a social construct. As a meninist I can't believe there are women that don't put out for ugly guys. It's an injustice.
...........jk
>>
You claim that there's such a thing as white clouds, as well as some clouds which are black, and some that are grey. If that's true, then why isn't there any green clouds? You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you accept that there are white/black/grey clouds, then you have to also take the logic all the way and state that there are green clouds.
>>
>That's why they're called RULERS
I actually had a hearty chuckle at this.
>>
>>6415516
I can agree with this logic! From now on I'm 5'3" instead of 5'11".
>>
>>6415516
This actually made me laugh.

I understand it's a joke, but I want to weigh in anyway.

While sex has remained largely unchanged throughout human history, gender has. Sex has always been predominantly male or female with the occasional variation thrown in there. Gender has changed wildly, even in the past century.

At one point (in western culture), it was socially preferred that men wear high heels. They showed off their calves nicely, and made for an attractive figure. In several cultures throughout history, makeup was intended for any gender, as well as dresses (in Western culture, this was up until the early 1900s for children).

The point is, what is "masculine" and what is "feminine" changes. It changes from place to place and over time. Sex remains fairly consistent, gender is almost entirely made up.
>>
File: VK1sYPc.gif (346 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
VK1sYPc.gif
346 KB, 500x344
>>6415516
>rulers are oppressive hence the name

11/10
>>
>>6415516
Please stop
>>
File: ELbhVwW.jpg (525 KB, 600x4413) Image search: [Google]
ELbhVwW.jpg
525 KB, 600x4413
>>6420782
this screams at a bit of ignorance. pic related
>>
>>6415560
a manlet with an 8 inch dick is more of a man than a 6'+ guy with a 5 inch dick, because you know, male hormones are actually responsible for penis size unlike height
>>
>>6420830
...is this image honestly implying that his beliefs were good in any way?

The fact that he thought it was bad for men to have sex with men is shitty of him, and the fact that he also says that about men and women having sex but not for the sake of children is still shitty. Just an additional type of shittiness on top of it.
>>
File: 1465956229564.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1465956229564.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>6417573
That's fuckin wrong tho bud
>>
>>6420896
no, the image is saying that sexuality was COMPLETELY different from it is now, not even slightly close. making those types of comparisons is pointless. we live in a time of enlightenment, progressing faster in the past 100 years than we have in the rest of human history. to still get mad about people wanting to fuck others of the same sex is just silly, honestly.
>>
>>6420896
While it's true that it shouldn't matter if men and women have sex out of wedlock, or people fuck members of the same sex; what this image says is that we shouldn't separate ourselves based on what set of genitals we're attracted too. We're all the same. We need to quit fucking labeling
>>
>>6420896
At no point is it intended to show the persons view as "correct" or "good" it's meant to contrast the way that we feel about sex and sexuality today as compared to how sex and sexuality were thought of in the past.
>>
>>6420782
>At one point (in western culture), it was socially preferred that men wear high heels.
But they still called themselves men based on what naughty bits they had. At no point was "people who wear high heels" considered an equally valid third gender.
>>
Warforged are a social construct desu senpai.
>>
>>6421917
Warforged are cool as hell. Too bad this board is probably full of people playing Gnomes.
>>
>>6420830
A little tumblr, and very ESL, but nonetheless clever and somewhat entertaining
>>
>>6415516
kek
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.