[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lgbt/, I never post here because I'm usually on nerdier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1449676022248.jpg (34 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449676022248.jpg
34 KB, 512x384
Hi /lgbt/,

I never post here because I'm usually on nerdier portions of this website, but I have an honest question for you kind folks.

As a CIS-gendered white male, how would I go about making respectable gay friends? I mean, I know that sounds crass, but what I'm looking for specifically is a nonsexual friendship with someone who has shared interests. I'd really like to find someone to watch dress-fabricating shows with me and walk around art museums, drinking fancy coffee while talking about the post-modern nature of things. We can even read pretentious literature together and do face masks while eating foreign cheeses on fancy crackers!

More to the point, I'm a pretty lonely person in general, and I don't really know if it's okay to approach someone who self-identifies as gay with my effeminate hobbies. I understand that their are respectable people in the world who wouldn't try to do something awkward with me, but I also understand that I shouldn't put myself in a situation where awkward stuff could happen.

I know hobbies and activities in general aren't specifically gendered, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding male friends who enjoy the same things I do. While my girlfriend likes some of that stuff, she's really jealous of other females because, outside of a few nerdier hobbies like MTG and horror movies, I generally get along better with females.

I don't want to strain my relationship, but I'd really enjoy having things in common with other people, and I don't know where to look without looking like a confused teenager. I'm generally well-educated and I feel as if I'm stuck in an awkward rut where I have to pretend not to enjoy the things I like in social situations.

tl;dr
>how would a straight white man with gay hobbies find a gay friend who shares his hobbies, but is respectable about his straightness?
>>
>>6410901
Quit getting chucked by your gf and enjoy your hobbies with whoever you prefer, not her.
>>
I don't get it. Is this some convoluted attempt at trolling?

I'm not sure what you think sexual orientation has to do with hobbies, but you're no more likely to encounter LGBT people who share your interest than non-LGBT people. We are for the most part just like everybody else, except we're incidentally gay or trans or whatever.

The obvious solution to your problem is to start hanging around the right social scenes. If you're into art, then hang around museums for such a proportionate time that people begin to strike up conversations with you. What's difficult about that? Where / how does sexual orientation come into this scenario at all?
>>
Why would you just assume that a gay man would be more likely to come onto you than not. I doubt you're that attractive.

You seem really conceited to me.
>>
>>6410901
>gay hobbies
Sucking dick isn't a hobby, OP. If you have gay "hobbies", then you aren't straight.
>>
File: laughing scout.jpg (95 KB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
laughing scout.jpg
95 KB, 1024x1280
>>6410901
A male fag-hag? Dude, you're pathetic.
If you're interested in fashion or post-modern literature, maybe you should go to respective boards (fa and lit)?
>>
>>6410924
>I'm not sure what you think sexual orientation has to do with hobbies, but you're no more likely to encounter LGBT people who share your interest than non-LGBT people.
I said explicitly that it doesn't, but as a result of trying to spend time with these people who have similar hobbies, things are particularly polarizing in my life.

I guess I phrased things poorly. Gay people have wanted to hang out with me in the past but have made advances based on my presumed orientation when I am very confident with who I am. I was wondering if there is a particular way to avoid these sorts of situations, while still enjoying what I like?

>>6410943
The point isn't what I look like, the point is that the activities I participate in are stigmatized in a certain fashion, and as a result of looking for people with similar interests, I find myself categorized with people who have different orientations and I don't want to awkwardly step on toes. In the past, my experiences with the lgbtq community are the same as my experiences with everyone else; some people are dicks, other people are nice, most people are meh. I was just wondering if there were some cheat codes to find nice, reasonable people, particularly when I'm put in potentially uncomfortable situations due to my polarizing hobbies.
>>
>>6410901
>how would I go about making respectable gay friends?
You don't.
Now get out before the wolves get a go at your virgin anus.
>>
>>6410978
You sound like you have assburgers.
Just respectfully tell them you're straight and not interested if they make any advances.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.