[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hear a lot of aggression toward Asexuality lately. What do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: Asexuaity.png (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Asexuaity.png
20 KB, 500x500
Hear a lot of aggression toward Asexuality lately.
What do you think /LGBT/? Is Asexuality a thing?
>>
Yeah, not being interested in sex isn't a bizarre concept to me. The problem is when asexuals think they get the same backlash/shit trans/homosexual/bisexual people do.
>>
>>6405528
Oh Go no it's a completely different ball game, both get hate obviously but you can't even compare em.
>>
>>6405528
asexual here, definitely see what you mean. afaik, no asexual has been arrested for it or shot or anything - the worst we get is someone looking at us awkwardly. whole different thing to the backlash every other identity experiences. completely different levels.
>>
>>6405562
Yep. Not saying you don't have your own set of issues you face, it's just different.
>>
It exists and I have no problem with it, but a lot of aces are homophobic as shit. They hate us exclusive gays for not letting them in the LGBT community. Screw them, I'll never include A in the acronym, and if they think that makes me "acephobic" then so be it. Sure, people might think they're weird, but no one has ever been denied rights, beaten, or killed for being asexual.
>>
>>6405814
Corrective rape is a thing.

Asexuals are okay.
The horde of herpderps saying "I don't want to fuck at first sight and I'm already FOURTEEN, wowee I must be ace!" need to go to summer school and pay attention in health science/biology this time.
>>
File: 1367008276011.png (237 KB, 496x2190) Image search: [Google]
1367008276011.png
237 KB, 496x2190
>>6405525
>>
I think asexuality is real BUT it's usually caused by solvable problems like a hormone imbalance or depression. I don't think it should have any part in the LGBT community, though.
>>
>>6405525

it's not really anything more than a curable, physical medical problem

it's a thing but unlike being Gay or even Trans I don't think it's a sort of identity
>>
File: 1465006987316.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1465006987316.png
1 MB, 513x1117
>>6405525
Why would you have a logo that is asymmetrical you fucking faggot
>>
>>6407002
REEEEEE
>>
>>6405525
must be hard to be hetrosexual who dont have sex :)
>nb4 muh queer identity
>>
>>6405525
>Hear a lot of aggression toward Asexuality lately.

No you don't. No one has any valid reason to be aggressive toward someone for their lack of interest in sexuality. The only kind of discrimination I could see you facing is in the form of your family pressuring you to get married and have children.

>Is Asexuality a thing?

Based on individuals I knew who had zero sex drive, yes. But it has nothing to do with LGBT civil rights issues.
>>
>>6405525
it's called failing erikson's intimacy versus isolation step in emotional development.
>>
I think op is taking about the aggression of other lgbt people going out of their way to harass aces. I've definitely felt it.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 543x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 543x640
nobody gives a fuck about your lack of a sex drive

GTFO
>>
>>6411192
boo fucking hoo

>tfw people getting mass murdered are mad you're invading their community
>>
File: acebullshit.png (36 KB, 713x290) Image search: [Google]
acebullshit.png
36 KB, 713x290
>>6411192
We're the ones going out of your way to harass you? Shut the fuck up. If anything, the animosity I've seen towards aces is the LGBT community is only retaliation against the way you treat *us.* Most of us have no problem with asexuality in itself, but just think you're homophobes with a victim complex (which it sounds like you are)
>>
>>6406245
Yes, I know corrective rape is a thing because every ace feels the need to constantly remind me of this, and guess who also experiences corrective rape? Gay people. And I'm willing to bet it happens at an exponentially higher rate to homosexuals than it does to asexuals.
>>
>>6411636
>gay people
You mean mostly dykes.
>>
I feel no animosity towards Aces but at the same time don't feel like they have a place in the LGB community. Same way I feel about trannies.
>>
>>6411677
Ace here, this^.
Our goals are fundamentally contradictory. Though if it's any consolation, most people on tumblr who whine about FGSFDS+ inclusion aren't really asexual.
>>
>>6411677
>LGB
Um excuse me, I think you're one letter short.
>>
File: 1420914898856.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1420914898856.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>6405525
"Asexuals" still like to masturbate and can become aroused, therefore there is no such as asexuality. I shouldn't have to explain that since "asexuals" obviously still have all the same sex organs and hormones as the rest of us and can become aroused with physical or even just visual stimulation.

They like to pretend they're not interested in sex, for some reason. Probably lying to themselves more than anything.
>>
File: 1465701934155.jpg (172 KB, 588x393) Image search: [Google]
1465701934155.jpg
172 KB, 588x393
>>6411874
>>
Ace is one this but when people say they're cishet but Demi and feel that makes them LGBT which entitles them to speak about the LGBT community as an insider... Fuck off for real...
>>
>>6411881
Does masturbation somehow imply the need to sleep with someone?
>>
>>6411924
Masturbating proves that sexual urges are not absent.
>>
>>6405525
Its called low libido/very low libido
Asexual is just a Tumblr buzzword
>>
>>6411915
Is this english?
>>
>>6411929
You'd have to prove an actual urge first. Feeling nausea and thus needing to throw up =/= deliberately inducing vomit, for instance.
If they don't get horny to the point of needing release like normal people, they're asexual.
>>
>>6411958
It doesn't matter whether their sexual urges are deliberate. Masturbating is an activity that gives sexual pleasure and, assuming you finish up, sexual release. "Asexuals" do this for the same reason everyone else does, because they have sexual urges.
>>
>>6411978
Is it really a true physiological urge if you make a meaningful choice to do it, though?
>>
>>6412020
I don't really know what you're talking about anymore. Yes, regardless of how meaningful your decision making process is or is not, and regardless of special snowflake identity, literally everyone has these urges and can become sexually aroused.
>>
>>6405525
>Is Asexuality a thing?
Pft, no. But that doesn't mean I can't respect them either.

>>6411958
>needing release
I don't think you really understand how sexual arousal works anon. Normal people don't die, explode or spontaneously start jizzing themselves if they don't get off RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.

And secondly,
>Feeling nausea and thus needing to throw up =/= deliberately inducing vomit, for instance.
But why would you induce vomiting if there was no urge or reason behind it? Why would you masturbate if there was no urge or reason behind it? If you burned your hand on a stove and you didn't like it, then why would you continue doing it?
>>
>>6412033
You stated that everyone does this for the same reasons. People typically do it when they're horny and need a release. When you don't have any of that, is it really the same?

As for special snowflake identities, how is this different from maintaining a gay one? You fuck, just like everyone else does.
>>
>>6412034
You're right, I don't understand it. Mostly because I don't really experience it.
>>
>>6412048
>When you don't have any of that
Maybe you're not getting this, you see that isn't actually a real thing. Unless you are a child or have had some kind of bizarre surgery to remove the organs related to arousal, becoming sexually aroused is always possible
>>
>>6412070
Naturally, they're not disabled.
The question is: what do you call a person with a lifetime pattern of not wanting it nor experiencing it in response to any individual/object/imagery?
>>
>>6412117
A bullshitter.
>>
>>6412132
A SHITTY STRIPPER
>>
>>6412132
Interesting.
Given your reasoning, would you also agree with abolishing homosexuality as a label due to the fact that most gay people had heterosexual experience or ideation?
>>
I'm dating an asexual who insists they've never gotten sexual urges. I have even tried to describe it to them and they insist they've never felt it. I told them if they stimulate the area, the body will naturally respond, even if they don't do it until climax. I have even tried touching them sexually and they said it felt no different than touching anywhere else. Massaging their back or hands makes them feel better than any touches I've made on their genitals, and even upon asking, they stated a massage didn't trigger any sexual urges.

As someone who has been masturbating since their toddler stage, it's really difficult to comprehend a person who has no need for sex or masturbation because there are no urges for it.

Nonetheless, they are willing to engage in sexual acts with me, or rather, just let me use their body for my sexual urges. They will also tease and act playful in ways they know turns me on cause they find it fascinating how sensitive I am.
>>
>>6412117
>what do you call a person with a lifetime pattern of not wanting it nor experiencing it in response to any individual/object/imagery?
Not interested in sex? That's kind of how that works.

You're (maybe not (You) specifically, but) still attracted to people of different types though, whether you prefer men or women or taller people or shorter people. And that, generally speaking, is what most people use ___sexual to describe.

I mean not-asexuals don't just ram their naughty bits into whatever orifice they find until it feels good. We DO have preferences y'know, and I'd be willing to bet so do you. You just don't want to fuck those preferences.
>>
>>6412166
No, homosexual is actually a real thing. Heterosexuals don't become sexually aroused by the same sex except in extraordinary conditions, and the opposite is true of homosexuals. "Asexuals" are a different matter entirely. They claim to have no sexual urges and to not experience sexual arousal, yet they masturbate and can in fact become sexually aroused with stimulation. They are actually sexual but pretend not to be, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>6412182
Why use four words when you can use one? Nobody says "individual who's only interested in same sex relationships" when you can just say "gay".
This shit is crey.
>You're (maybe not (You) specifically, but) still attracted to people of different types
Not really, no. Maybe Tumblr heteroplatonic demisexuals are. If you've been talking about them since the beginning, I see your point. Otherwise, wot. I prefer large dogs as pets, I hope you're not implying that I'm secretly looking to bone them.
>>
File: f26.png (126 KB, 537x483) Image search: [Google]
f26.png
126 KB, 537x483
>>6412217
>I hope you're not implying that I'm secretly looking to bone them.
No one said anything about dog dick anon.

Is there something you'd like to tell us?
>>
>>6412201
"Except in extraordinary conditions" still indicates capacity, as latent as it may be. Circumstantial homosexuality is actually an excellent proof of that. There's urge, arousal and orgasm, hence your body liked it.
By your own logic, you're just someone who can fuck anything but chooses to have a preference.
>>
>>6412233
Yes, I'd like you to clarify on that "you prefer certain types of people" paragraph. What are you referring to?
>>
>>6405525
It's a thing that's way less common than what the internet makes you think, but more common than what you imagine. It's probably never going to be addressed properly, though, so more and more people are going to identify with it even if they aren't ace, and more and more people are going to disagree with the whole concept because of the vocal part of the ace community that just talks shit and makes a show out fo themselves
>>
>>6405525
they're mad because it's they new In when trannies are the old out.

pssh I mean I like what I like but you guys aren't even trying. fucking nihilists.
>>
>>6412240
>By your own logic, you're just someone who can fuck anything
I never said I was a homosexual? It seems now I need to disclose that I'm very bisexual and a strong believer in the Kinsey scale, so, you're kind of preaching to the choir here when it comes to people fucking people outside of their usual preferences.

"Asexuals", once again, are playing make believe. All it takes is a little oral sex or something to prove it.
>They claim to have no sexual urges and to not experience sexual arousal, yet they masturbate and can in fact become sexually aroused with stimulation.
>>
>>6412217
But seriously though,
>Why use four words when
Yeah, no, I get that. All I'm saying is just because someone says they're gay it doesn't mean there's a penis going into a butthole. You can be attracted to people without wanting to fuck them.

If you're an aromantic asexual though I... I feel for you. I couldn't imagine going through life without other people, but if that's what floats your boat more power to you.
>>
>>6412270
Oh, I never implied that your sexuality defines you and that you're automatically attracted to every person of the same sex. I was just wondering about your reasoning on the whole thing.
>>
>>6412268
>I'm bi
>they masturbate
Are you sure you're not the one projecting or playing make believe? Who are those "they" and why do you want them to be open to fucking so bad?
>>
>>6412316
Like I already said.
>"asexuals" obviously still have all the same sex organs and hormones as the rest of us and can become aroused with physical or even just visual stimulation
>>
>>6412330
So what do you call someone who doesn't masturbate or want sex again?
>>
>Is asexuality a thing
Yeah sure, people can have all sorts of reasons for a fucked sex drive
>Are asexuals LGBT?
Nope. Not unless you date same gender or are trans. Nobodies killing you for not wanting to get your dick wet or whatever.
>>
I'd rather have LGBA than LGBT desu
>>
>>6405525
It won't be long before A is added to LGBTetc.
>>
>>6406303
but is asexuality in itself a problem?
>>
>>6411929
If I masturbate exclusively to pictures of lightbulbs, what does that make me?
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>6412685
Do you fantasize about [spoiler]screwing[/spoiler] them?
>>
>>6412710
Fuckin lost
>>
>>6412340
Religious, maybe, but not "asexual" because that name implies they have some kind of negative sexual orientation, lacking sexual urges and/or the ability to become aroused. Which is simply not true of any intact adult.
>>
File: 1457149778695.jpg (131 KB, 545x560) Image search: [Google]
1457149778695.jpg
131 KB, 545x560
>>6414274
>religious
my sides are moving on their own
do you legit believe this nigga
>>
>>6414274
Fucking what
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.