[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genderfluid Agender Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: STOP IT.jpg (82 KB, 779x409) Image search: [Google]
STOP IT.jpg
82 KB, 779x409
I find myself somewhat exhausted when it comes to explaining why I get so annoyed by people who call themselves ~Agender~ or ~Genderfluid~ when they are clearly just a girl with a short hair cut who wears pants and oversized t-shirts.
>they just want you to call them a different pronoun
What even? So? Aren't these the same people who are fighting for feminist rights but seperate themselves from women? What's so wrong with just being a gay girl? Why do you have to be a fucking special snowflake and splurg how your mom won't call you they or them?
What has changed about you that you absolutely cannot be called she even though you sport a feminine out look on life in general?
I'm a lesbian and I want to date a NORMAL FUCKING GIRL WHO IS PROUD TO BE A WOMAN, not some fucking girl who thinks their not one just by changing their pronouns.
Can someone give me some light on this? I just don't understand it. My friend calls me closed minded but..I just can't see any sense in any of this.
Pic highly related
>>
Are you really asking why women are attention whores? Think about it, they are women. The are the most privileged people to walk the earth and have little to zero real problems. Women have so little strife that they need to invent ways to feel oppressed. It is the most first world problems steaming from toxic femininity.
>>
>>6402737
Because not all agender/genderfluid people are gay and femininity is revered to straight men and they want to still be able to date straight men but not be feminine.

Some of them have varying amounts of dysphoria, but they don't want to be FTM's for whatever reason.

And/or they hate that they're supposed to be feminine because they're female so they figure they can opt out of it by being a snowflake gender.

I don't agree with them but there you go.
>>
I completely agree, OP. I hate their fucking guts. Sometimes they are actual gay girls who are afraid of the word lesbian, but I also suspect many of them are hets who just want to intrude on LGBT spaces. I consider them harmful to lesbians because now, according to their ideology, if you're a female who likes "masculine" clothes - guess what, you're not a woman, you're nonbinary!! It's like they completely ignore the existence of butch lesbians - women who aren't feminine but are still proud to be WOMEN. And these bitches consider themselves trans now, ugh. I hope this Tumblr shit doesn't become mainstream in the LGBT community. They should not be included in it by any means.
>>
>>6402818
I honestly wonder how many of these AFAB gender specials haven't transitioned yet, even though some of them have pretty obvious Ftm dysphoria. I wonder if it's the general tumblr dislike towards males in general, and that they don't want to be lumped into an "oppressive" group by SJWs?
>>
>>6402737
Dont for get the fucking bowtie
>>
>>6402737
>itt: problem that doesn't exist
Stop making problems op
>>
>>6402737
Because if you are a normal gay girl but wont sleep with mtf trannies you;ll get called transphobic and insensitive and triggering trannies by saying they are not real women via not sleeping with them-claiming to be genderfluid and all that other bullshit lets you duck that temporarily momstly because no one knows how to define those bullshit terms.
>>
>It bothers me because it exists!

How is this flimsy 'logic' any different to that which people use to condemn LGBT? Especially the T, I might add

I don't think it's closed-minded but it's astoundingly hypocritical.
>>
>>6407323
>>6407289

I'm a straight, masculine guy.

I'm regularly having sex with this annoying bitch I met on OkCupid.

In her profile she refers to herself as "genderfluid".

She has short hair, wears baggy pants, oversized shirts.

Otherwise, she has a feminine outlook on life, is a feminist etc. the precise kind of girl that OP described.

One time I said "you're a weird girl". She didn't bat a fucking eye. I have made no effort to indulge in her special snowflake bullshit. It has made zero difference, whatsoever. She does not actually give a fuck

It's all an act. You're inclined to defend it because you can't really dismiss it due to not having any firsthand experience with it. I get that.

But having seen it up close, I can tell you, it's all an act. It's fake fake fake fake. It's something that makes her feel special and different

This post made me cry
>>
>>6407613
>>6407323
I didn't really make a 'defence' of it, though in my case you are right in that I don't have any experience of it. I just thought it was pretty hypocritical to obsess over how others identify and chastise them for it, insisting they need to use other terms.

I mean... it is, isn't it? Who hasn't been hounded about matters of their sexuality or gender that are no business of anybody else's? Who hasn't been told that they're a 'fake lesbian' who kisses women for attention, a biscum poser, derisively called a 'tranny' because that's apparently more accurate than calling them by their gender of choice, told that asexuals just 'haven't met the right person' or that gays flaunt their sexuality too much?

Hell, why does OP call herself a 'lesbian' rather than just 'homosexual'? Does she really need a special term for it? Etc. It's a can of worms that isn't worth opening and is damnright hypocritical to do if you yourself are LGBT or some alternative sexuality / gender thing.
>>
>>6407692
Direct experience of talking to self-professed 'agender' or 'genderfluid' people, I should specify.
>>
>>6407692
I don't really have a dog in this fight since I don't have any non-binary or "special" (wish I had a less derisive sounding word) for myself.

Personally, I will indulge anyone with whatever label they insist on. If she had said "hey dude, I'm not a girl" I wouldn't have argued.

But I think it's fair to question intentions and motivations of people who are attempting to co-opt or appropriate the LGBT umbrella when it's obvious that they'r insincere.

It's like, yes, many LGBT people endure being called fake this fake that. But that doesn't make it wrong to call out phoniness when they see it themselves as well.
>>
Attention.
Teenagers always seek attentions, especially girls. Most of them think they are special and will grow out of it sooner or later.
This happens a lot in the past generations.
Tip: don't deal with them.
>>
>>6407756
Question the intentions? Absolutely, more information and understanding is precisely why I check this board, but I thought the OP was pretty... well, in terms of wanting to understand, maybe 'closed-minded' was right after all. It really came across as more of an attack, OP saying it made her 'so annoyed'. Confused yes, but 'so annoyed'? Really now.

As for 'appropriat[ing] the LGBT umbrella', is this really a bad thing or something we should look to avoid? The nature of LGBT is that it is inclusive of everybody, which is I guess where the notion of 'ally' came from. The more people that identify with something, more socio-political relevance it has. Speaking of which, do you think we'd really have come the leaps and bounds we have, noting for example the outcry against NC's bathroom bill, if it hadn't been adopted by edgy kids with enough time on their hands to lobby and protest and otherwise be visible? I'd like to hear your opinion.

I'm just trans so I also don't really have a dog in the fight, but consider it from the perspective that 'we' all are enjoying the benefits of many, many more dogs around to do the fighting. For me, well, in the form of access to care, openness of information and resources, passing well and having spent my life without once being called out or harassed publically even when I'm pretty honest about it, etc.
>>
>>6407817
It is important to have "allies" but you don't want your allies appropriating your identity because it has a diluting effect on what it means to be LGBT. It gives credence to the idea that it's just a trend or a lifestyle and it unleashes unintended consequences for those who are truly LGBT. Like how the one user pointed out the fact that "I also suspect many of them are hets who just want to intrude on LGBT spaces. I consider them harmful to lesbians because now, according to their ideology, if you're a female who likes "masculine" clothes - guess what, you're not a woman, you're nonbinary!!"

I see that happening. And not just when it comes to gender and sex. I shy away even from political labels like "liberal" or "progressive" because I realized a long time ago that many labels are contrived for the purpose of pinning people down and making them easier to manipulate.
>>
>>6407883
It's interesting how you say it gives credence to LGBT as a trend rather than a lifestyle, that's definitely a fair interpretation. However, by the same token, you've suggested it's a sort of 'identity' to be LGBT, about which the inverse of aforementioned could then be said: it defines a person life so utterly as to be inescapable. Perhaps some middle ground is ultimately necessary?

Being trans I'm not sure how I feel about exclusive spaces, and cishet people invading them, I don't have any experience with being in one (hence, I'm here, with the alphabet soup and the repressed crossboarding /pol/acks). In keeping with what I feel about the fact that these 'fighting dogs' could essentially be good for all of us though, I might venture that the eventual dissolution of them causes us to evaluate our identities individually, or by some interest category, rather than as part of a group of characteristics one has or aspires to. I personally would find that a good thing on paper, but in practice we'll have to see. I'm sure if the situation is as you describe, that however may well be coming.
>>
>>6407289
This
OP a /v/-tier whiner
>>
>>6403163

Jump off a bridge, TERF.
>>
genderfluid / agender / gender nonconforming is the feature

mixed gender / genderless for everyone tbqfh, the world would be a better place
>>
File: 1441769422295.gif (2 MB, 270x188) Image search: [Google]
1441769422295.gif
2 MB, 270x188
Pick related.
>>
>>6408074
**future
>>
File: 1448037521751.jpg (127 KB, 466x750) Image search: [Google]
1448037521751.jpg
127 KB, 466x750
>>6408075

Dumb bitches attacking things for no real reason.

"I don't like it, so it must be wrong."

It's funny how lesbians seem to bitch the loudest about gender. It's almost like you feel like they're disrespecting you by not getting on their knees, calling themselves femme-queer, and licking your clit like the property you clearly seem to think they are.
>>
>>6408074
>mixed gender / genderless for everyone tbqfh, the world would be a better place

I agree but I don't think it needs a name, and biological sex (aka male/female) will always exist.

>>6408096
Wtf
>>
>>6408110
no i agree, man / woman should refer to your genitals only. you shouldn't be able to determine what kind of genitals a person has based on their physical appearance, interests, mannerisms, etc. everyone will mix gender features or be andro. i agree we won't need to refer to it as such when it's so prevalent, only labelling it now for clarification. but i hope this is what our future will be if humans don't all wipe each other out. also everyone will be bi.
>>
>>6408096

This, without the hatespeech.

a majority of lesbians seem to be increasingly abusive of other women. Their domestic abuse rates are skyrocketing, and they seem to think anything with an xx chromosome is their special territory.
>>
>>6407692
Holy shit thank you for this post

This board is ridiculously hypocritical. Every letter of the acronym dumps the exact same shit onto every other letter that they've had dumped onto themselves.
>>
>>6408063
Not a TERF; I'm actually concerned that these snowflake genders could prove detrimental to real trans people. Like an above poster mentioned, some of the nb/agenders/etc are genuinely dysphoric while others just think it's cool to be oppressed and that it gives them more credibility in their SJW circles. Why should they be allowed to call themselves trans? They make a mockery out of the struggles of actual transgender people who face discrimination and danger. Have you seen what they look like? Most of them would be perceived by the general public as completely gender-conforming girls, maybe just a bit "edgy" or "hipster." It's laughable at best and insulting at worst for genderfluid types to claim they're trans just because they like wearing girl clothes one day and boy clothes on another.
>>
>>6408302
how can you tell them apart, though? is it your place to do so? even if you can, what good does it do? don't you think it's more detrimental to lgbt folx to police everyone who tries to identify as lgbt, i mean just to find out if they're REALLY lgbt or just pretending?

as a bisexual, this is one of the things i've had to deal with most often. people giving me the "bi test" to make sure i'm REALLY bi and not just saying i am for attention. and they'll come up with a lot of excuses to label you a liar. it's very alienating, because the lgbt community is supposed to be the one that accepts you. the straight community does not. yes, bisexuals - like nonbinary folx i'm sure - get attention. but it's not good attention. the kind of attention i get for being bi is not being able to openly identify as bi because straight people assume i want to have threesomes with them, which is demoralizing and objectifying, or being told my identity isn't even legitimate because i'm probably just gay and too insecure to come out, which is dismissive and condescending at best. it's just like the "false rape accusation" myth - there is no reason anyone would choose to identify publicly in a way that will bring them all kinds of hate and abuse if it's not actually important for them to do so. people don't make shit up so that they can ostracized from society. it doesn't make you popular with anyone.

and having the lgbt community question you, spew hate you, strip you of your identity - that is all much more damaging than straight people doing it. we expect that from straight people. we don't expect to be hated and abused within the "safe inclusive space" that's supposedly been carved out for us, by other people who supposedly have to bear the same or similar experiences as us.

honestly i'm not sure why anyone would willingly lie to be apart of a community that is more vicious to one another than outsiders are. there is very little to be desired about identifying lgbt.
>>
>>6408355
I know it can be hurtful for someone to "invalidate your identity" or whatever but your internal identity doesn't matter so much as how you're perceived. Society doesn't care how you identify. You have the option to enter a straight relationship, and people would assume you're straight, making your life easier. Hell, I'm a femme lesbian and I can admit appearing straight means I have an easier time than people who are visibly gay (unless I get a girlfriend, of course).

Anyway, the LGBT community wasn't born to validate people's special identities, but out of necessity, as a movement to defend our rights and lives. The LGBT community should not be inclusive of everyone who wants to be in it; if we include everyone, including "nb" straights then the purpose is lost. We need to be exclusive to protect ourselves.
>>
>>6408355
You are far form tumblr hun
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.