[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
embarrassing gay travel stories thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: weirdcat2.jpg (29 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
weirdcat2.jpg
29 KB, 400x224
>be me
>18 years old, FTM (on T for a few months) backpacking through ecuador and the galapagos islands
>go to giant turtle sanctuary on santa cruz with local guide and medium-sized group
>male tour guide is being really nice to me, smiling, making a lot of effort to talk to me in particular even though english is not his first language
>shrug it off
>tour ends
>begin to leave when tour guide asks (in front of 6-7 people) "are you gay?" with a big smile
>holyfuckpleasenofucknotthisshit.jpg
>be stupid and say "what?" (to be fair he has a thick accent)
>he asks again louder. spaghetti is pouring from my pocket at this point
>smile, say no and then awkwardly separate
>dude seems genuinely disappointed and ignores me the rest of the time and so i feel shitty
>later realize that we were on a fairly remote island away from western civilization so saying no was probably the best choice
i honestly don't know what he coded me as. i usually pass as a twink (i'm thin and shave facial hair) or as a sporty lesbian. i feel a little bad for saying no because maybe the dude just really wanted to meet a gay person or something.

so who else in /lgbt/ travels and has to deal with this shit? what do you say or do in this situation? am i just paranoid and stupid?
definitely share some of your awful experiences traveling.
>>
You're not gay, you're just straight since you're a female, even if your vagina and inner sexual aprts have been stretched out to resemble a pseudo-penis...
>>
why would you ever admit to a stranger that you're trans? and fuck him for putting you on the spot

I make every effort to pass when traveling. it's safer to mind your own damn business on the road imo

>>6398987
>subscribe for more expert opinions
>>
>>6398987
This post makes 0 sense. Try rereading the OP and going on some meds.
>>
>>6398963
General rule in Latin-America:
Deny
Anything
LGTB
Always

At best you'll be seen as mentally ill, at worst correction rape, murder or random arrestations/police harrasment stuff
>>
>>6399310

>GDALGTBA

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue.
>>
>>6399350
That's doable. Here's the acronym I use when I need to recall the priority of different operations in the C programming language:
Fumslbaa!

F - Function, Array and Structure operations
U - Unary operations
M - Mathematical operations
S - Shift operations
L - Logical operations where isequal/unequal have a lower priority than the rest
B - Bitwise operations in the order of And Xor Or, like the Kabbalistic holy book Ein Sof Or
A - And, Or and Inline If
A - Assignment

Unary operations, inline if, and assignment associate from right to left. The rest associate from left to right.
>>
>>6399310
lived in ecuador for 6 months. not true at all. where did you get that. some places sure but not everywhere.
>>
>>6398963
>santa cruz
Ayyyyyy
>>
File: 585.jpg (71 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
585.jpg
71 KB, 450x800
>>6399310
whaaat? in brasil or something?

It's not like that in Argentina at all
>>
>>6399581
do you live there or something?
>>
>>6398963
>begin to leave when tour guide asks (in front of 6-7 people) "are you gay?" with a big smile
>he asks again louder. spaghetti is pouring from my pocket at this point
>smile, say no and then awkwardly separate
>dude seems genuinely disappointed and ignores me the rest of the time and so i feel shitty
>later realize that we were on a fairly remote island away from western civilization so saying no was probably the best choice

That tour guide was an irresponsible ass for trying to out you in front of others, and you did the right thing in my opinion.

You're a tourist in front of a group of strangers that might be violent towards you, traveling through multiple nations where you might get into all sorts of shit for being any type of legbutt. If he wanted to flirt he should have asked you in private about your orientation, or not at all.

While there are worse places to be a legbutt in south/central America. Even the major cities of Equador are in no way San Francisco.

>"Societal Abuses, Discrimination, and Acts of Violence Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
>The constitution includes the principle of nondiscrimination and establishes choice of sexual orientation as a right. Although the law prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation, gay, lesbian, and transgender persons continued to suffer discrimination from both public and private bodies. LGBT organizations reported that transgender persons suffered more discrimination because they were more visible. LGBT groups claimed that police and prosecutors did not thoroughly investigate deaths of LGBT individuals,including when there was suspicion that the killing was because of sexual orientation or gender identity"
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/186722.pdf
>>
He tortures/kills gay people, OP.
>>
>>6398963
not sure if "embarrassing"

>vacationing in Aruba
>do the tourist diving thing near some cliffs
>dive guy is tall, tanned, blond, killer body
>his girlfriend is on board helping out
>one thing he explains is that when your air level reaches a certain point, you have to go back up
>everyone dives in, swimming around
>I'm fairly fit so really don't use much air
>after some time he goes around checking everyone's gauges
>sends everyone up except me
>motions me to follow him
>we swim into this grotto, just rocks surrounding us
>we sit on rocks for a few minutes and he gets touchy-feely
>starts smooth talking me. asks if he can come to my hotel room that night
>can't... there with my girlfriend
>he says OK, we gear up and swim back to the boat
>climb aboard and his girlfriend is giving me the eye daggers while we go back to port
>>
>>6399690

So what are you? Gay, bi, lesbian, trans?
>>
>>6398963
>on t for two years
>have not been called female name or pronouns in like a year and a half
>majority of friends don't know my old name, most don't know I'm trans
>full beard and deep voice, obviously passing to the point when I tell people I'm trans people think I'm fucking with them, or if they're LGBT it takes a good deal of time to explain I'm not a pre-everything MTF.

> vacation to new england, at airport with parents
> they're 'accepting'
> get called slave name entire time, can't stray too far or my mom will literally yell it to try and get my attention and ask "Why don't you respond when I call your name?"
> wrong pronouns literally every time right in front of me
> correct them politely several times to no avail
> making small talk with lady in line
> "It's so nice to see a young man take care of his mother" in THAT tone of voice
> people legit think my mom is senile

considering just telling people she has alzheimer's and [name] is my twin sister who died when we were kids
>>
>>6405208
> "It's so nice to see a young man take care of his mother" in THAT tone of voice
Eh just don't comment on it. Way I see it you are a young man taking care of his mother by not telling people your mom doesn't even have the excuse of being senile to get over her derpyness.
>>
>>6405208
meh i would. unless your mom has some kind of personality disorder she should know that she's being extremely dense and probably looks very stupid to the public.

try and be subtle because she may just out you if you embarrass her too badly. women are psychotic like that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.