[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else scared of dating apps because somebody you know might
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: u5I_Urox.jpg (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
u5I_Urox.jpg
7 KB, 300x300
Anyone else scared of dating apps because somebody you know might see you?
>>
Yes. I have issues with broadcasting my sexuality, so I was never keen on dating apps. Dunno if it's internalized homophobia or I just roll like that and would rather keep it low key.
>>
>>6398938
That and being caught using/having it by nosy people.
>>
>>6398938
That someone might be a potential date that you would otherwise never know about...
>>
>>6398938
Then don't date an app.
>>
File: 1456393094751.jpg (43 KB, 600x711) Image search: [Google]
1456393094751.jpg
43 KB, 600x711
>>6398938
>get bored one day, check out Grindr to laugh at the disgusting old southern men
>see like 3 emo kids and "n-no I'm metrosexual!" fagboys from my high school on it
Kek'd heartily and messaged them all to give 'em the spooks
>>
>>6398938
No, because I'm over the age of 18.
>>
>Using a dating app
how horrifying
any psychopath could use it
SOMEONE FROM 4CHAN COULD USE IT YOU COULD BE DATING SOMEONE FROM THIS BOARD THE HORROR
>>
>>6398938

I think the premise is that anyone who finds you on Grindr is someone who was looking at Grindr.

Sometimes I think people need to contemplate the meaning of the ancient phrase 'the love that dare not speak its name.'

The more you talk about it, the more suspect you look and the less likely you are to find all that yummy str8 down low action. There are a lot more men happy to get head than want associated with homosex.

Whats a guy going to do, announce he saw you on Grindr?

Or is he going to say a gay friend saw it which is the flimsiest story ever.

Alternatively, I guess a gay guy could out you. It's possible, but then that person would have lost so much tribal integrity that he will be forced to spend his social life among the worst of faggots while the crowd reaction you can expect is "Oh."

Some people like to gossip when someone is outed, true. But a lot also take the view that if they didn't already know by talking to you, then you're the type they can respect. How people find out matters and factors into it.

Hearing that John was found on Grindr translates differently than John announced to the world that he likes dick on the mistaken assumption that the whole world cares, therefore John needs an ego re-calibration.
>>
>>6398938
I've seen a few people I know but I don't care because I don't mind others knowing I'm a faggot. I don't have anything embarrassing on my profile because I'm not an autistic degenerate like 80% of Grindr users, so there's no risk of humiliation.
>>
I put up a profile on tinder once before I was out at work (mtf).

Coworker found out.

Mad fun of me, told whole office.

I was laid off 3 days later. (Had worked there 5 years).
>>
Yea i say hi and tell them ill see them around, i live in a non-shit country that generally likes gays tho
>>
>>6398938
>>6398947
>>6398957
>>6398961
if someone see's u on grindr they are gay too, no need to worrie
>Shits fun man go live ur life
>>
>>6399539
I would've contemplated murder-suicide.
>>
I'm confused.

Why are you worrying about people recognizing you if the damn app is made as anonymous as you'd like?
>>
>>6399254
Underrated post
>>
>>6398938
Then what are they doing on Jackd themselves?
>>
>saw a guy that i knew on there
>fucked a couple of times
feels good to be tall and know heaps of young drag queens
>>
>>6399539
>tinder
There's your mistake. Staight people can get on tinder and can browse the other section for shit's and giggles. You can deny you're gay if you find someone on tinder but not grindr
>>
change locations with an app
>>
Yes. First time I made grindr I left it on for a while and got like 40 messages, I tried to respond to them all, then I kept going on and off a bit (I think it showed me online the whole time) then I open app and suddenly find 345 messages. I live in Netherlands btw and even a friend I have told me that is way too much for one day, then again I do look good but Idk I dislike it. So I made my profile now without picture and I only message a person myself.
>>6399273
Nice trollpost I never see any high school aged guys on there.
>>6399539
Stuff like this is why I don't like pictures on dating sites.
>>6411739
Ye but if you live in Netherlands chances are if you set yourself 30km away that you still get the same people if you keep browsing through.
>>
I made once an account in Grindr and in less than half hour three people contacted me to suck my dick.
I was not searching for that, I wanted just to meet people around my city. One recommended me to use something different if I was looking for a relationship instead of just sex. What do you think? Should I give it another try?
>>
>>6398938
Yeah sure.
Whats to stop some fucking faggot from spending 2 mins to make an account and not putting a picture or whatever and just typing in your zipcode and looking through the profiles for like 5m and find people's pages and make an anonymous facebook account and send screenshots of all your shit to your family and friends?

I mean the okcupid page for example in my town has all of 10 people on it and going through it would be instantaneous.
>>
>>6412521
This is only applicable if you're working a high profile job where you might actually have something to lose by being outted. If you're concerned about being outed to family and friends then that guy is doing you a favor sincf you couldn't nut up
>>
>>6403911
Grindr is pure shit for dating.
>>
>>6412561
>doing you a favor
>getting assaulted/becoming homeless/quitting college is a favor
>>
File: 1464990043468.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1464990043468.png
1 MB, 513x1117
>>6412767
>being friends with homophobes
>living at home
>>
Very Much so
>>
>>6412832
Not everyone's family makes $200,000 a year and can just write them off.

If I came out right now my dad would maybe grab the pistol and shoot me or at the very least would try and box me. My mom would scream faggot and stuff at me and chase me around the house hitting me and screaming. Then theyd scream get the fuck out and never come back you fucking disgusting faggot. Id be thrown out with my wallet and id try and grab my camera to sell it and go back to being homeless again.

The only reason im here is because my exgf got raped and she broke our lease and my grandfather was in hospice and I spent the rest of his month or so with him every day since he wanted me and I have a neutrality agreement with my parents atm because of it. They hate gay people more than anything. Id never come out as trans to them.
>>
>>6399397
that is fucking horrifying
>>
>>6412264
I assumed it was post graduation, I guess it could go either way though

>>6412432
Grindr is just for sucking cock and making fun of fag profiles

>>6399539
Damn that's what I'm scared of even tho I'm out as bi
Even if you make a profile as the gender you're out at work etc. you'd have to tell people you're a tranny to explain your body/sexual preferences, you could match with a friend of someone you know and have them gossip about you
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.