[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't ftms dress properly compared to cis men ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 540x472
Why can't ftms dress properly compared to cis men ?
>>
>>6393450
What are you talking about, straight guys rarely know what to wear
>>
>>6393462
ftm's have a higher rate of snap backs, skinny jeans and stupid arms bands from what I've see .
>>
>>6393450

lmao dafeq

I see literally no difference in style choices except maybe some trans guys can be a little more put together and fashionable, but that's because they were raised to be fashion-conscious females and in those cases their look is really no different from like, a cis gay guy's style.

seconding that straight cis guys have no idea how to dress themselves (and I love them for it, pic related)
>>
>Be cis man
>Entire wardrobe is literally blank t-shirts in greys and blues, black blue and brown dress pants and black brown and grey jackets/dusters
I think they're on par tbqh.
>>
>>6393620
Also I literally own a long brown trenchcoat which I wear with the collar up because it makes me feel like a noir detective.
>>
>>6393450
Why do they love bow ties??
>>
suspenders and bow tie every day. No one will clock me with my suspenders and bow tie.
>>
File: chek dat dapp.jpg (16 KB, 214x170) Image search: [Google]
chek dat dapp.jpg
16 KB, 214x170
>>6393659
>>6393679

dappersexual~
>>
>>6393841
had a freind who did that couldn't tell if mtf or just a dyke
>>
we already have weird body proportions, it's easier to just give up and look bad

also fashion is for girls, duh
>>
>>6393679
>>6393659
It's because that's what butch lesbians wear and look good in, and ftms tend to be really butch women before they transition. They don't get that masculine women's clothing is different than men's clothing.
>>
>>6393450
I dress like shit wearing slav suits and bricklayer-tier clothes all the time, that makes me on par with the average cis guy
>>
>>6393586
>in those cases their look is really no different from like, a cis gay guy's style
but gay men are some of the most unfashionable people in existence, anon.
>>
>>6399725
>it's easier to just give up and look bad
This is the best proof I've ever seen that FtMs really are men trapped in a body with a vagina.
>>
>>6400204

>implying women never give up and look bad

ok, mate.
>>
>>6393450
>implying cis men know how to dress
>>
>>6393563
and don't forget about checkered shirts and flannels
>>
>>6400513
>checkered shirts and flannels
I wear those and i'm mtf, they hide boobs well
>>
Honestly I have been wearing clothes from the boys 16-18 section for about fifteen years, no problems with passing. Last year I felt daring and bought a pair of red/black plaid pants from the young men's section and suddenly I'm dressing a lot more femme with patterned pants as I keep getting clocked as a chick now.
>>
>>6400537
you didn't socially transition yet?
>>
>>6404190
kayla is crazy, remember.
>>
>>6404409
> was actual dude bro
> not crazy
>>
>>6400024
>They don't get that masculine women's clothing is different than men's clothing.

I am 99% sure the difference here is your face and not anything you actually wear, but please, enlighten me?
>>
>>6393450
Idk, they all dress like some sort of justin bieber hipster creature.
>>
>>6400024
>look good in
Please, suspenders and bow ties are the worst kind of butch fashion. The best is blue collar butch. Leather boots, work jeans, plaid shirts, Carhartt jackets, and pocket knives. Makes me swoon like no other.
>>
Its the curves. I'm a guy but I have big butt and thighs, throws off every outfit I try to wear.
>>
>>6393633
>>>6393620
> "trenchcoat" "noir detective"
!!!Autism alert!!!
>>
>>6405199
If he does it locked in his room, it's a guilty pleasure. If outdoors, then yeah, autism. We don't know for sure right now, though.
>>
because you don't notice the majority of ftms because they present as cis and pass

I am one of those ftms.

i dress well and by dress well I mean I don't wear weird fucking shit. Mostly neutral and earth tones, sweaters and well fitting pants or plain crew or vneck tshirts depending on weather. sometimes if I'm feeling risky I'll even wear a watch. You've probably passed an ftm like me a hundred times and never noticed. you're basically saying "why am I noticing all these people dressing noticeably!?"
>>
I'm ftm and I look like shit so I wear shit clothes. Plenty of other trans guys however are quite fashionable. I'd say the same amount of trans men dress well as cis men.
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp7907119.jpg (20 KB, 324x470) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp7907119.jpg
20 KB, 324x470
>>6393450
I dont dress to be fashionable

every piece of clothing i have serves a specific purpose in concealing my body parts
>>
>>6404538
You know, fitted button ups, suspenders, bow ties, hats. The sort of "dapper gentleman" look.

>>6404650
The dapper butch is the purest form of woman.
>>
I count it as a good clothes day I leave the house wearing something clean.
>>
>>6405738
So basically hipster clothes.
>>
>>6407100
That's a different kind of lesbian, but sorta? More old-fashioned I guess. Like they don't dress like grungy hipsters, more like.... More like your grandpa, except hot.
>>
>>6405738
>dapper
I'm sorry, but your opinion is wrong. (Not really, your preference is totally okay)
>>
>ITT: faganons pissing me off b/c they are on an image board arguing about how something looks but don't actually post a pic of the very thing they are arguing about.
ree
>>
>>6408134
I think you might have made a mistake. Did you mean to click /r9k/?
>>
>>6393563
I dont own any snap backs, I have one pair of skinny jeans in place of dress pants, I dont have any arm bands.
>>6400513
I used to own flannel and checkerd shirts, now I dont

I do wear sweaters, the zip down variety, battle jackets that I will hopefully get patches for, fit blue or black jeans, leather shoes, baggy button up shirts, and snug fitting shirts. I don't know what Op is talking about but if that is the case, they need to learn for now I guess.
>>
>>6408146
re
>>
>>6393450

Well most men dress like shit, most ftm dress like 12 yo old boys
>>
>>6408319
>most ftm dress like 12 yo old boys
People tell me I dress like this too, but I wear my ex-bf old clothes. When he wears them it looks casual, when I wear them I look like a child. It's about body build, not style. Until I can pack on some muscle I will look like a kid, no matter what I wear.
>>
>>6408338

I hear that, just avoid bowties
>>
>>6393450
Flannels and checkered shirts as well as looser clothes in general are to hide tits for pre-op, and post-op it takes it's time to get used to not having to hide any tits. Plus you own your two-sizes-too-big formless shit already, so it'd make no sense to just throw it out or never wear it again.
>>
>>6393659
Trying to go dapper but being too skinny/small to be able to pull a sleek suit/tie combo off, so it's resorting to the "next best" thing that doesn't look too weird, even kinda fitting, on small and skinny guys.
>>
>>6393679
I also wear suspenders, but bow ties? I don't get it. I just switched to suspenders because I'm borderline underweight and can't find any belts that do their job properly without getting really uncomfortable.
>>
>>6408338
>but I wear my ex-bf old clothes

thats some weird baggage you got there
>>
>>6405199
>>6405221
Joke's on you I know for a fact that I'm not autistic because the army sent me to a series of tests just to make sure. People tell me it looks good on me but maybe that's just pity haha.
>>
>>6409494
Why? We're friends, same size and I'm a poorfag so I can't keep buying new clothes through transitioning. How is it weird?
>>
>>6400513

Checkered shirts are a good thing for FtMs to wear
>>
Because most people don't understand the difference between passing and looking attractive.
Look at your OP pic, OP. Is that man ugly? Undeniably so. Is that unambiguously a man? Also yes.

To pass as male you have to abandon all attempts at styling to signal a dyke social category, which ex butch alt ftms just can't do. .
>>
Reminder that as long as you're not a fat fuck, there is literally nothing wrong with skinny jeans.
>>
>>6393450
gotta have that backwards snapback on to pass bro
>>
File: 3dPyfOC.gif (2 MB, 284x288) Image search: [Google]
3dPyfOC.gif
2 MB, 284x288
>>6411899
>mike
>ugly

GIT
>>
>>6393450
ftm here, male fashion is a joke half of my wardrobe is from thrift stores and my clothes look better than 3/4's of the guys my age.
>>
I don't dress well because I'm cheap and clothes are a pain in the ass to deal with.

Also dressing even remotely better than a blank shirt / college logo shirt and jeans pretty much makes you stick out like a sore thumb where I live.
>>
>>6411950
don't knock the snapback.. I think baseball caps are better but I wear that shit everyday, keeps the sun out of my eyes the hair out of my face and makes a pretty good fan when it's summer.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.