[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our Condolences from /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Though /lgbt/ has hosted some of the more """""based"""""" members of your subgroup, we hope the more liberal lurkers here have realized just how little the left actually cares about the people it co-opts offense from.
>>
Liberal, or progressive?
>>
>>6383610
Progressive. Poor wording in my OP.
>>
>>6383600
You are right. We'll just go and vote the people who want to revert all the progress in equal rights we have made. It's obviously the sensible course of action here.
>>
>>6383644
>Vote for radical anti-LGBT activists out of fear of moderate anti-LGBT legislators
>>
Do I A, want to destroy the rights of a group who hate me (also destroying my own in the process)

Or B, want to allow these people more opportunities to kill me but maintain the few opportunities I have to live a happy life.

I'm kinda damned either way DESU senpai. Communist revolution when?
>>
>>6383600
Those still on the left will always view conservatives as the biggest threat no matter what. They are simply too far gone.
>>
File: Islamphobes are LGBT allies.jpg (71 KB, 545x392) Image search: [Google]
Islamphobes are LGBT allies.jpg
71 KB, 545x392
At least the left can agree that nobody deserves to die for being LGBT.
>>
>>6383784
They literally don't, though.
They support Islam, in which it's still punishable by death to be LGBT. In Christianity, Jesus' death fulfills the punishment of sins for which one's life was the required sacrifice. Under such is homosexuality.

There's a reason homosexuality is punishable by death in Islamic nations. LGBT and Islam are wholly incompatible, but people want to cut off their noses to spite their face and claim they should be tolerant of both.
>>
>>6383801
That's as close as you can get, though, this roundabout logic that Islam is an inevitable danger to LGBT people, which completely ignore the existence of any Muslim who doesn't follow the rightwing script about what Muslims believe, up to and including Muslims who are also LGBT. The right wing, by contrast, has an abundance of justifications for opposing the rights of LGBT people, and multiple groups arguing for their wholesale slaughter.
All the left has is this supposed denial of the limits of tolerance.
>>
I don't think progressives have a special hard-on for muslims it's just that muslims in the west are currently their chosen group to shield from criticism.

Gays used to have that position from the 90s to mid 00s but since there really isn't any 'battles' there for people to show how tolerant and accepting they are they move on.
>>
>>6383600
Just stop. Most of us are already voting for Trump so you don't have to come here and pretend you care about us. Go back to your board and continue high-fiving the rest of the Hitler Youth over the dead faggots.
>>
>>6383857
>Muslims who are also LGBT

You mean like the guy who just killed 50 LGBT people?
>>
>>6383872
Shielding a group as they slaughter people is enabling more murders.
>>
>>6383857
>The right wing, by contrast, has an abundance of justifications for opposing the rights of LGBT people, and multiple groups arguing for their wholesale slaughter.

Like the registered Democrat that just went on with the largest mass shooting in US history, targeting gays specifically? You're trying to defend Islamic nations by stating Christianity -- or rather, right wing Americans -- are the greatest threat to LGBT despite every majority-Muslim nation being far more intolerant in that regard.

>57 Muslim majority nations
>Homosexuality punishable by death in 7
>Illegal but not by death in 30
>Decriminalized or unlegislated in 20

>But the American right-wing is the issue.
>>
>>6383886
My ex is both gay and lives in the Orlando area, Anon. I was actually almost concerned before remembering he was a jerk.
>>
You tried to stop us from marrying. You tried to stop us from adopting children. You try to stop us from using the right bathroom. You gave the Pulse shooter the gun that killed 50 people. You acquit murderers who kill trans people. On /pol/ right now, I guarantee you there's a thread thanking the Pulse shooter. But you need us now in your culture war, so you offer us your crocodile tears. I'd rather you call us degenerates, at least then you're being honest.
>>
>>6383933
>You gave the Pulse shooter the gun that killed 50 people.
You want to know how I know you're either baiting or retarded?
>>
>>6383907
Are we talking about American citizens or "Islamic nations"? Because you might be surprised to know that those are different things.
What does it matter that Mateen was born and raised in America, probably exposed to non-Muslim forms of homophobia, reportedly not especially devout and was probably conflicted about his sexuality? Nothing, when we can connect his actions to all Muslim intolerance everywhere!
Even you acknowledge that twenty Muslim-majority nations do not penalize homosexuality, which should tell you that supporting Islam and LGBT rights doesn't have to be a contradiction.
>>
>>6383966
>reportedly not especially devout
>Affiliated with ISIS
>Investigated twice in suspicion of affiliation with other Islamic terrorists
>Visited UAE on multiple occasions
>It's because of non-Muslim homophobia!

>Even you acknowledge that twenty Muslim-majority nations do not penalize homosexuality
>67% of Muslim-majority nations have homosexuality as illegal
>~12% have it as a capital offense
>There's no correlation
>Homosexuality not illegal in any Western, historically Christian nation
>Totally a correlation between Christianity and bigotry muh marriage that I still have it's literally worse than death!
>>
>>6384069
It's all true, though. If you want to ignore the complexities of this incident, go right ahead. But there's plenty of evidence that this was something more complicated than an exotic, totally un-American foreigner motivated completely by his intractably backward, violent religion.

>Homosexuality not illegal in any Western, historically Christian nation
If you think homosexuality was never illegal in any "historically Christian" nation, you're just misinformed. But if you think that because that's no longer the case, it might as well have never been, that's quite intellectually dishonest.
The fact that laws against LGBT conduct have been overturned in the western world should show you that such resistance in the Muslim world is not insurmountable where it exists.
>>
>>6383600
>based

You mean megadeth teeshirt wearing colllege boys who get blasted beyond reason when you tell them they look like junior school kids?

You're a bunch of faggets.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.