[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brexit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Out-and-Proud-Boris.jpg (374 KB, 784x489) Image search: [Google]
Out-and-Proud-Boris.jpg
374 KB, 784x489
There's loads about US politics right now (rightly so as it's a clusterfuck).

However I was wondering about EU/UK politics and what the general opinion is, mainly regarding Brexit?

>Should Britian remain in the EU?

>Why do you think this?

>Do you think the outcome will effect the LGBT community?
>>
>>6378528
My MEP David Coburn is gay and he says we should leave.
>>
>>6378528

The only way Brexit is related to LGBT issues (That I've seen so far) is that a lot of worker's rights laws are tied to the EU and upon leaving the EU we'd leave employers able to discriminate based on sexuality.

Might be a good starting discussion point before this just becomes a politics topic.
>>
>>6378608
Realistically we're not going to lose employment rights if we leave the EU, no matter how good it would be to do so. We have a fucking living wage.
>>
>>6378608
I'd like to have enough faith in the british people being progressive enough to not discriminate based on sexuality.
I mean, all the majory companies have floats at pride and stuff so it's beneficial for their image and sales to be LGBT friendly
>>
>>6378528
im not british but i think britain should remain, if they leave it would cause a huge impact not only in the region but possible worldwide. i guess this is quite obvious though because the EU as a whole will take a hit with brexit. im very pro EU myself and want the union to be as strong as it could possibly be.
im pretty sure the lgbt community will not be affected notably, the only thing i can think of is it might be harder for the EU citizens in anti-lgbt countries so leave their state for the pro-lgbt state of britain
>>
>>6378677
>im very pro EU myself and want the union to be as strong as it could possibly be.
WHY THE FUCK
>>
I'm finding it so hard to find unbiased information for each side.
I'm bored of scaremongering.
>>
>>6378812
Welcome to reality. What do you want, a government document telling you how to vote? Because they did that. Spoiler: It said Remain.
>>
>>6378817
Not at all.
I would like information based upon facts, not speculation, from both parties. Which I know is difficult, especially for leave campaigners.

It's hard to make an informed decision from biased documents.
Especially as the newspapers are all run by people who directly benefit from staying in.
>>
>>6378852
How is this different from party manifestos any other time?

Can't you check the facts yourself?
>>
>>6378786
>i dont know how the EU benefits me and only see the negatives
>>
>Do you think the outcome will effect the LGBT community?

Why does everything have to come back to shitty fractured identity politics around here? It's like the feminist bitches that literally only give a shit about abortion rights and nothing else. Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>6378528
>pic
>he drew the sectors of st. patrick's cross incorrectly
brits everywhere should be ashamed of this man
>>
File: image.png (392 KB, 832x832) Image search: [Google]
image.png
392 KB, 832x832
>>6378677
>>
>>6379060
It's the /lgbt/ board, of course the discussions are going to be about lbgt issues, you retard.
You want general political discussion go to /pol/ or /int/
>>
>>6378968
I can see the positives: sanctions on Russia, forcing states to sell off public companies, allowing companies to ban religious garb on their employees. But the negatives outweigh those many times over.
>>
>>6379087
We are, but not for that reason because he didn't draw it.

>tfw the gay candidate didn't win the election to replace him
>>
>>6379097
You're not seeing my point. Let's say there's a bill that would be slightly inconveniencing to gays while being tremendously good for everyone as a whole.

Are you now going to be against this bill just because you're particular subgroup gets slightly inconvenienced? If so, that's just really cuntish.

What I'm trying to say is that this entire notion is fucking ridiculous. You have to be retarded to base your political opinions on something so irrelevant as your sexuality.
>>
>>6379124

You're still not understanding that you're on an LGBT board. This isn't fucking /pol/. Politics don't belong here, and they don't come up unless they're a gay issue.

Go home.
>>
>>6379124
It's not cuntish, it's retarded. Anyone with sense would support a law that advantaged them more than it disadvantaged them and also advantaged others without disadvantage.
>>
>>6379124
>Let's say there's a bill that would be slightly inconveniencing to gays while being tremendously good for everyone as a whole.
When is that the case outside of your hypothetical fantasies? How does discrimination against minorities benefit everyone as a whole?

The nc "bathroom" bill banned suing for ANY discrimination issue in state court whether it's a gay or a vet or a christian being discriminated against.
>>
>>6379179
We should support laws that are morally right, regardless of how they affect us. The NC law is right because we shouldn't force private companies to follow our identities.
>>
>>6379124
>You have to be retarded to base your political opinions on something so irrelevant as whether or not you can be fired or kicked out of housing or institutionalised or executed for your sexuality.
>>
>>6379189
How about how they effect the country as a whole?
Who's gonna serve tp defend the country when it's the law of the land that they can lose housing and employment when they get back home?

Should it be legal for people to lose work and housing because they're a man or christian? That's literally what you're advocating with this poorly structured legislation because again it's not specific to lbgt.
>>
>>6379194
>executed for your sexuality
Well that's a good reason to vote Trump and close the borders.
>>
>>6379240
>you need to let US kill you, not those others!
>>
>>6379208
>Should it be legal for people to lose work and housing because they're a man or christian?
Yes, of course.
>>
>>6379256
oy vey we gotta higher fewer men and christians so women and jews can be equal!

Shitposting aside, how about the other point about vets?
>>
>>6379270
Yes, vets too. Religion, ethnicity, profession, gender, orientation, gender identity, voting history, accent, nationality, it's all fine.
>>
>>6379060
OP here, see this:
>>6379097
>>6379132

If I posted this without making it at least slightly LGBT related, it would off topic for this board.
As everyone here is here because they are LGBT in some way, I thought it would be beneficial to get their input on the situation and how, in their opinion, it affects the common denominator between us
>>
>>6378968
Name one EU benefit.
>>
>>6381153
Trade freedoms?
That's the main one harped on by people
>>
>>6381197
>external tariff
>sales tax
>red tape
>subsidies
>inability to sign own trade deals
>no WTO seat
>>
File: Hillary4President.jpg (2 MB, 2732x2954) Image search: [Google]
Hillary4President.jpg
2 MB, 2732x2954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ
'
>>
Switzerland is doing fine I don't see the point of kneeling to those foreign bureaucrats.
>>
I need to research this way more before voting day
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.