[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you were abused as a child? Not necessarily sexual,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 1450653176825.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450653176825.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
How many of you were abused as a child? Not necessarily sexual, any sort of abuse.
>>
>>6374743
Yes. Physical, mental, and verbal abuse (my mother is quite a sweetheart)

Turned out gay-bi but I somewhat hate women so I'm entirely gay in practice.
>>
>>6374743
Verbal, physical, sexual abuse. Thaaaat's me!

I'm an mtf.
>>
>>6374743
My dad tried to get me to take baths with him when I was like twelve. He was like a different person for five years or so. I don't think he even remembers it. Will be weird forever, even though he never fucked me or anything.
>>
>>6374743
I got some abuse as a child, but a lot more as a teenager. Physical, emotional, sexual, and verbal eventually. Most of it ended up coming from peers, or people a few years older than me, not adults, though.
>>
>>6374743
Physical, mental, verbal.

My mom used to hit me, kicked me across the floor, etc. Once I said something she didn't like when she was combing my hair and she hit my shoulder with the comb which chipped the bone. I cry every time I get yelled at even slightly and if anyone raises their hand by me my first response is still to flinch/duck. It also left me emotionally damaged, and I still have never been in a relationship of any sort at the age of 22. Fun times.
>>
>>6374743
No, was too autistic, nobody wanted to fuck me because I didn't stop being weird until I was like 18+
>>
Verbal and physical abuse from my peers as a kid. Sexually abused by other boys at 12. My parents were mostly fine. It was my school life that was hell.
>>
My biological father died when I was 1, and ever since my mother would intermittently drink herself into a stupor, for sometimes weeks on end.

With school I was always that awkwardly eccentric kid. It worked out for me in primary, but in secondary it failed to catch on and I ended up friendless and isolated.
>>
>>6375222
Yep, pretty much the same (me: >>6375052) my mother beat me with an extension cord once... that was fun.

Say where are you from, anon?
>>
File: get_thee_away.gif (1 MB, 300x217) Image search: [Google]
get_thee_away.gif
1 MB, 300x217
>verbal abuse

Toughen up ya sad sacks o' piss

What a joke
>>
>>6375276
I'm from Wisconsin. You?
>>
File: 1463717872414.jpg (171 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
1463717872414.jpg
171 KB, 445x600
>>6375245
>sexually abused by boys atv12

Tell us more
>>
I wasn't abused
>>
>>6375289
Australia :/
>>
Will you ever forgive them?
>>
Verbal and physical abuse from my mom, never sexual, but the beatings were pretty severe, she broke my leg once, and she broke all my fingers once.
>>
>>6375315
Forgiveness won't give me a normal life. She's set me back years in my mental and emotional development, and has scared me both physically and mentally.

No.
>>
>>6375308
>>6375289
Half way around the world, two people share the same shitty experiences. What a world.
>>
>>6374743
Some sexual stuff.

And one time when I was a kid I shit my pants accidentally and my mom threw me in the tub and rubbed the soiled underwear in my face. I guess that's physical? I dunno. It definitely feels more like a mental thing when I remind myself of it. That's the only time she's ever went psychobitch on me, apart from the one time she slapped me in the face when I yelled at her because she was accusing me of some shit I didn't do.

Dad was distant, strong silent type, and the ever looming threat of the belt was enough to keep my siblings and I in line. He only whipped me once.

Honestly I had it pretty good compared to some of the horror stories I've heard from friends and exes. Two different people told me about times their parents pawned them off to perverted shitheels in exchange for drugs. One of my exes had a deep seated fear of revolver pistols because a "family friend" would use it to keep her silent while he did stuff to her.

The world is faith killing. I'm sorry to all the anons who've been through some shit.
>>
File: muh dick.jpg (58 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.jpg
58 KB, 640x361
>>6374743

>tfw raised in a loving normal household
>became a total sexual deviant the minute I left home

feels good man
>>
>>6374743
Yeah, I should get myself to a therapist but I don't know how to talk about it. If I can't type it out on 4chan I more time before Ill tell a stranger
>>
>>6374743
yeah
mtf

dad is likely schizophrenic and physically and psychologically abusive to my mum, always has been, used to wake up at 4 AM pretty much every day to him screaming and throwing stuff at her, ended up going to uni to escape

as young as like 4 years old he'd make me try and pick up scaffolding for him at his job and other physical tasks and then scream at me for like an hour straight when I couldn't do it like "you fucking pathetic faggot, stop crying! you're embarrassing me in front of everyone, you poof!" just fucking non-stop. he still does it now, making me try to haul his fishing boat onto the trailer and shit. I have a mild form of cerebral palsy. constant criticism of every little thing too from the way I walk to the way I sit to the fact I can't hold a pen or cutlery properly because my my disability. calls me out on every fucking little thing every ten seconds. he's impossible to be around. lots more stuff too, opening all my post, no privacy, etc. etc. but you get the gist of it. have ended up with zero self-esteem, terrified of confrontational situations to the point that the idea of a public-facing job gives me panic attacks, ashamed of being disabled and trans even though I know on an intellectual level I shouldn't be and just generally mentally fucked up. oh and I couldn't start HRT til uni so I'm a massive, massive hon with 19.5 inch shoulders and a 42-44 inch upper chest circumference.
>>
>>6375072
>I'm an mtf.
Of course
>>
File: dane_dehaan_spider_question.jpg (914 KB, 2536x2176) Image search: [Google]
dane_dehaan_spider_question.jpg
914 KB, 2536x2176
I don't get my dad at all.

He abuses everyone verbally, is a tantrum throwing undiagnosed autist or something, and he has at times made vague sexually suggestive comments about my attractiveness (even in front of our family). But i don't remember him ever sexually assaulting me, or mom ever being worried about me/us.

Its just creepy fucked up. I don't get it. I don't really respect him, and ill be glad when hes dead.
>>
>>6374743
More psychological. And verbal. I was raised to be mum's emotional support, as far as I remember it started after my parents split since they both pretty much ignored me before.
And well my mum did some stuff, touching, invasions of privacy, fondling, sexual and romantic comments. I was a bit like a surrogate husband to her, except as a daughter.
That gave me some nice identity issues. I used to believe I'm trans, hell I even got diagnosed.
Other than that, earlier teens she believed she was a victim of everyone and got angry whenever I told her she did something wrong, and sometimes even if I didn't. It was all very melodramatic. I was also dealing with bullying in school, ended up growing a backbone... well mostly ended up being angry and having an explosive temper a lot and getting in sports as a result of that. She changed her approach to manipulative over time.
I got called called a psychopath by her, made doubt my own sanity, and she did her best to keep me dependent of her via money, manipulation or infantilization. She never failed to insert herself into everything i did if there was an opportunity for her to do so.
There was a lot of crazy drama when I was leaving, but I did and I wish I did it before I turned 20. When your instincts are telling you to run, you run. I tried to detach myself, go to uni, do it the normal way but i failed.
I don't actually believe she meant me any harm. Some people just shouldn't have children. I ended up feeling burned out and self-hating and ready to kill myself for not being able to take care of her and being a burden at the age of 15.
I wish I wish I knew what fucked her up.
>>
>>6374743
Me.

My mother was 21 when she had me in 1983. She was right in the thick of 80's heavy metal, cocaine, drugs, promiscuous sex life, and lots of alcohol. She didn't even want me, but my grandmother and the rest of the family basically guilted her into not having an abortion, which is what she should've done.

The first 7 years of my life were a fucking nightmare sequence of screaming, parties downstairs while I was still in the crib, having the shit beat out of me constantly when I was a toddler because I needed affection and attention constantly, which I never received. The older I got, the worse the abuse got, until I was hospitalized a few times and the police got involved. At that point, she was ready to give me up for adoption, or kill herself, or kill me, so my grandmother stepped in and took custody of me.

I had a nice life after that, apart from her ultra Christian conditioning and Marry Poppins "sweet old lady on the outside, racist old fashioned bigot on the inside" passive-aggressive personality.

For the record, I'm gay, but it took me almost 26 years to figure it out because my life has been a trainwreck until recently.
>>
>>6375276
For me it was a belt. Then my mother graduated to kicking me in the balls. She was a true man-hater.
>>
sexually and physically with neglect mixed in
if social services found out I was staying alone I would have been taken

but that was years ago everything is ok now

this is partly because my mom is mentally ill. just a few days ago she had a breakdown saying she wanted to die I had to calm her down she was kicking doors and other shit around the house
>>
>>6375906
Reading this is basically like reading my biography, except I wasn't the daughter, I was the son. My mother is also a crazy religious nutjob and she at least once a week tells me I'm not her son anymore or asks me why I hate her in an attempt to turn her life into the soap operas she obsessively watches.
>>
>>6375222
>I cry every time I get yelled at even slightly and if anyone raises their hand by me my first response is still to flinch/duck. It also left me emotionally damaged, and I still have never been in a relationship of any sort at the age of 22. Fun times.

Christ, this so much especially the first part. Enviroment around my house ( my mom being suicidal/depressed for a time and my and my dad being helplessly stern and distant ) and school was shit during a few years in my early teens and I know how demeaning it is, but I can't assert myself in any way shape or form with any sort of people and I have virtually zero self esteem. Leaving the house and big crowds make my brain stop working. It fucked up my view of relationships, I have had them but I hate myself so much it doesn't usually last.

I'm working on it though. [spoiler]I also notice that my bi tendencies disappear when I go to the gym or get appraisal from other guys, so I dunno how much validity my "I'm bi" statement has.[/spoiler]
>>
>>6374743

I was never abused a single time in my life, grew up in the whitest of the upper middle class neighborhood in Canada. Parents leaned on the conservative side of politics but weren't zealous in the slightest.
>>
>>6375904
>and he has at times made vague sexually suggestive comments about my attractiveness (even in front of our family).
So are you a girl or what? Did it turn you bi, les or ftm? What comments did you make?
>>
File: 1444282909707.jpg (172 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1444282909707.jpg
172 KB, 1200x1600
I hope you all live the rest of your lives happily.
>>
>>6375838
>being disabled

Fuck off Robin your not disabled, just ugly.
>>
>>6374743
None. Guess I'm pretty lucky. I was a planned kid and even though my parents divorced, they both provided for me and loved me unconditionally. I thought that was the norm until I heard how some of my friends were treated.
>>
>>6375286
whats this gif from
>>
Not really but I'm fairly distant from my parents.

My mom's passive aggressive and my father is flat out aggressive. He's the type of person who gets mad at anything just to be mad and my mom's the type of person to purposefully piss him off over minute issues.

The whole dynamic they had while I was growing up could best be described as uncomfortable. I was always on edge for their fights oftentimes being the one to dispel any hard feelings between them lest it built up into another petty argument. I still think it would have been best for us all had they just divorced but of course, I'll never know. I do know however that bringing your children into your arguments, using them as leverage and trying to gain favor from them as a tool against the other is not role model behavior from a parent.

I'm more sensitive than my brother so I still get slightly upset when my parents argue (I'm 21) but my younger brother is entirely apathetic to it all. To be honest, he absolutely detests my father, won't speak to him whatsoever despite living in the same house.

My dad wasn't really close to any of us (there are three) and the only times I remember us communicating was in arguments or when he was criticizing us. I don't call him or text him aside from special events and at times I think he wonders why. It's too late to make amends I think. At least he has my sister who he favored anyway. She turned out to be the same way so I don't talk to her either. She wasn't very sister-like to me growing up as I recall.
>>
>>6374743
Got sexually abused by another boy when I was somewhere about seven or eight. We were friends and used to have sleepovers on the weekend.

One night he tried to get me to do something sexual and I blocked out most of it. I think his mom walked in and caught us, but I remember after that night I wasn't allowed to visit anymore and my ma is very reluctant to talk about it.

All in all it was pretty minor and I'm decently well adjusted, but sometimes I honestly wonder if that night made me bisexual.

I also got the shit kicked out of me by a bunch of older kids when I was in preschool. That was interesting.
>>
File: yes.jpg (47 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
47 KB, 500x401
>Have retarded rapist parents
>Become MtF tranny

Totally not mental illness u guize
>>
>>6383282
>defend yourself against crazy rapist parents like a sane person would, instead of doing what a normal person would and beg for more
>mentally ill

Ok you super duper danker, whatever you say you worthless Jesus Christ.
>>
Wouldn't say I was abused, but my dad used to fucking scream down my ear holes all the time and talk shit to me. Every time I hear loud noises it makes me wanna die, but that's about it.
>>
>>6383380
That's definitely verbal abuse.
>>
I grew up in a hippy commune that believed in free love. I entered a sexual relationship with a man in his 40s when I was 13 and my parents were okay with this.
>>
>>6374743
I was legitimately raped when I was 8.
Then stalked and abused sexually (not raped by definition) by a different person from 8-12.
Unfortunately nobody really gave a shit when boys were violated, really they still don't. Also I always found sex in general to be gross, so it's not a product of a traumatic childhood like most people infer.

I'm not a douche like op pic related because of it though. (also fuck fujoshis) Never got any help for it either because of the social stigma bullshit against boys, but you learn to deal.
>>
>>6383424
Oh, and the occasional belting 'til you bleed for less than an A- thing, but I feel like most asian american kids had that?
>>
Most of us, stop making this thread.
>>
>>6383424
How old was the rapist and why do you think he went after you?
>>
>>6375830
Same here.
Good feeling to know you just are who you are and aren't just traumatized.
>>
File: 1327299150171.png (290 KB, 664x602) Image search: [Google]
1327299150171.png
290 KB, 664x602
I was abused by woman because they publicly embarrassed me and used me and were incredibly indirect and difficult to talk to openly.

I've never even kissed a female. At 17 I started dating a man and we're still dating and it has been a few years.
>>
>>6374743
I was never abused by family. They were very supportive.
I got verbally bullied a bit by peers but got over it easily enough, they're only words.
I was quite lonely but I survived just fine.
I did however suffer some very serious abuse; though most people wouldn't call it abuse. I suffered religion, I was sent to a christian school where everyday they made me more repressed and self-loathing. Ten years on and after everything I've been through I still feel uncomfortable with myself. I find the notion of "God" rediculous and unbelieveable now, but sometimes I still feel like I'm being judged by someone even when its impossible for anyone to see me.
>>
>>6375315
Nope. But I don't blame her either, what she did was mostly just being selfish and refusing to fix her own life. I don't believe she mean me any harm, nevertheless what's done is done.
>>
Physical and verbal from my mother. Sexual from her creepy boyfriend. No, I don't have problems. :(
>>
I was told I was disgusting and filthy as a child, but that God loved me even despite how awful I am, so I owed God everything and should die for God. This was at about Kindergarten age.
>>
>>6374743
i wasnt
>>
>>6374743

My father beat the shit out of me for no other reason than to "toughen me up" for the world. He was also virulently homophobic. I grew up in a generation that was much the same way though. There were never any LGBT people in the media for instance, and any public mention of the subject was only to condemn or scapegoat gay people.

I didn't come to terms with my sexual orientation until my later teenage years. I had never been in denial that I was gay, but I thought I could "pray the gay away" or some shit. Never worked. I was probably close to 18 before I finally started to question my family's beliefs, and told myself that there morally and objectively wasn't anything wrong with being gay after all.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.