[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be somewhat passable mtf >have a job and get on with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.gif (1 MB, 341x331) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
1 MB, 341x331
>be somewhat passable mtf
>have a job and get on with my family
>have a good group of friends and am sociable most of the time
>have no diagnosed mental illnesses
>have very standard and boring hobbies
>try dating
>all the people I talk to eventually end up saying something like 'wow you seem so normal compared to all the other trans people I've talked to!'

Is the bar that low? I'm basically just some completely average boring person, but for a trans person this is apparently rare? I haven't met another trans person in real life so are they all crazy?
>>
to be honest yes, sadly I have never talked to a trans person who hasn't had a suicide attempt
>>
>>6374046
>be passable mtf
>only care about vidya and money
>can't remember the last time I felt any strong emotions about anything

it's mostly early transitioners who have donkey brains
>>
>>6374046
Well we are more likely to have a variety of social disorders. So, yes.

>>6374050
I'm a trans person who got very very close to attempting but didn't go through with it. So there you go
>>
Honestly, yeah. FtMs are generally chill but MtFs are crazytown on the whole.
>>
>>6374046
>>6374046
I've met three trans people throughout my life, all mtf, and known 1 of them very well. 1 seemed kinda cool. The other may have had actual aspergers because I do not know how anyone can be so socially unadept but still be making it through college. The last one of was just crazy. A family I already knew basically adopted her (while she still identified as a man) and started helping her transition. Then they just went batshit insane and fucked up everybody's life and refused help and I think became homeless.

Some people are just in such weird situations
>>
>>6374046
A lot of trans people are defined entirely by their identity and go full social justice loser. Many of them are emotionally unstable, on massive amounts of antidepressants and have attempted suicide at least once. I would make you my girlfriend in a heartbeat because a trans person who isn't totally insane is rare.
>>
>>6374050
>>6374303
I'm mean i tried to commit suicide, and thought about it a lot, but since i've started hormones (MtF) i've chilled out a lot and i've probably became a little less crazy. I guess i'm saying is it all that bad that someone has tried to commit suicide? I mean people can get better.

Then again i'm not some crazy fucking SJW yelling at people to respect my pronouns.
>>
>>6374345
My problems with trans people come entirely because of SJWs and hons expecting me to call them female.
>>
>>6374431
I mean i'm trans, and i honestly think that any person that is trying to transition and doesn't look like it is kind of an asshole asking others to respect their pronouns when they don't look like their preferred gender.

I mean I've fully accepted i probably won't ever pass, but i'll try my damnedest without ending up looking like a clown wearing a dress.
>>
>>6374046
I know what you mean...
>somewhat qt crossdresser
>love dressing up for fun
>fairly open and nice about it
>cant stand lgbt community because of how over dramatic they are about everything.

its hard to make other friends like me, must be the hrt...
>>
>>6374454
Thats all that I can ask for. If a man want's me to call them a women they had better work damn hard to look like one. Also post pics.
>>
>>6374480
Nah, sorry, I look god damned awful, only 3 months into HRT and I can't stand my face. Still only look like an ugly dude.
>>
>>6374303
Well my main issue with finding a boyfriend is that I'm 'somewhat' passable. Like I've actually had people ask if I'm a boy or girl, but for the most part I think any guy that dates me will need to accept he's a little gay.

Like I think I have maybe 3 or 4 guys who, although they haven't explicitly said it, are waiting for me to pass then they'll try and swoop in because of my lack of insanity.
>>
FTM, same. Usually they're referring to the genderspecial kids they've met though. It's really no mystery, the trans community is crazy.
>>
>>6374211
Why are FtMs considered so chill? What makes them less susceptible to mental and social issues than MtFs?
>>
>>6374598
Estrogen makes you more emotional, and MtF probably don't have the practice to control their emotions so they become bitchy overemotional crazies.
>>
Is it age related? I've gone to a trans support group before and some of the older ones, while honish, seem very down to earth and have their life together. Most of the early transitioners seem bug nutty.

Like there's a late 20's early 30's mtf at the group who is super chill and funny as fuck, she works in banking or something but everyone looks forward to seeing her and when she isn't at the group I'm bummed out because everyone else is battling their bipolar or PTSD.
>>
>>6374616
Kinda true, I was basically in a disassociated state before hrt where I barely felt anything at all. Once I got on E I became a fucking emotional mess and didn't deal with them well.
>>
>>6374657
girl what city is this cause this sounds weirdly a lot like my support group LMAO

i've never even met someone who's transitioned as young as me though, and i'm only 18..... I didn't think that was young until I met more trans people. I've always thought later transitioners are a little crazier though LOL
>>
>>6375317
I'm in Australia friend.
>>
>>6375332
LOL okay nevermind. the banking chick sounded weirdly like my support group because there was a similar business girl who was like the only bearable person there. everyone else had horrible social skills (i dont want to say autistic because 1 i dont know if they were and 2 im not mean to people just because they have mental illness) and RAGHSG its so fucking annoying. like once this weird hon got up whiole someone was talking and kneeled in front of another tranny and said "are you okay you look sad" completely interupting the person talking. the tranny was so confused like "no? im not sad?"
>>
I dropped estrogen like a bad habit. Never looked back. I'd rather be eternally melancholy, than on an emotional roller coaster that's completely decoupled from my thought processes.

Over the years I've known a lot of other trannies, and they're fucking weird, man. Extreme ideologies. Impulsive behavior. Validation seeking gets them into all kinds of trouble.

Never once tried committing suicide. The only thing that really gets me down in the dumps is chronic unemployment/underemployment. In the US, no money = no agency. It's hard to have a social life when you can't afford to do anything with your friends. And of course, being an awkward queer isn't helping me network or get anywhere in life. People have told me that I'm surprisingly normal. At least as normal as I can be, all things considered.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.