[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have so many hospitals in the west banned sex reassignment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 378x274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 378x274
Why have so many hospitals in the west banned sex reassignment surgery?

Surely it would bring them more money.
>>
Do no harm.
>>
>>6373257
?
>>
>>6373238
source
>>
Because they are run by religions retards.
>>
>>6373238
I have never heard of a hospital that outright bans srs. It's a highly specialized surgery so I of course don't expect it to be available everywhere, but I never heard of a ban on srs.
>>
File: 1464805374926.jpg (259 KB, 2010x1176) Image search: [Google]
1464805374926.jpg
259 KB, 2010x1176
>>6378253
>run by religions retards
>>>>>"religions retards"

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>6378283
Some hospitals have done it. Especially Catholic ones. One SRS doc had to move because the hospital he worked at banned SRS.
>>
>>6373238
Because conservatives are fuckwits who should never be allowed to wield any political power.
>>
Because making money is not what medicine is about.
>>
Marketing.

Most people are not trans- overwhelmingly so.

Of that group, the majority doesn't actually give a fuck one way or another.

What's left over are the two minorities that do, and the "FUCK DAT SHIT" is larger than than the group who likes it.

So, you make more money by proudly refusing to do it.
>>
File: 3e0.png (510 KB, 770x789) Image search: [Google]
3e0.png
510 KB, 770x789
>>6378253

You have to go back.

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>6379753
lol never been to /reddit/
>>
>>6373238
how many people do you think are getting SRS?

like, really?
>>
>>6379889
>>6379909
http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/TSprevalence.html
>>
>>6373238
Would you really want that procedure performed by any old generic plastic surgeon at a hospital?
I'd think it would be more advantageous to go to the one that specializes in it rather than the guy that just does it every year or two.
>>
>>6379889
The NHS reports carrying out a few hundred per year (less than 500) and that's in a country where its free, so in the US where its not free, is probably much less.
Its an extremely small number, not profitable at all especially given the large risk of complications and getting sued.
>>
its a terrible cis ritual meant to capitalise on insecurities within the trans community
>>
File: atheists.jpg (160 KB, 691x567) Image search: [Google]
atheists.jpg
160 KB, 691x567
>>6378253
>>
Anyone have any sauce on hospitals that have banned SRS?
>>
>>6380983
but there is like 2 surgeons in the uk who do it and the waiting list is over a year long
>>
Suicide rates of the patients, you idiot.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.