[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/cultur e/dylan-gwinn/2016/06/09
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: jazz.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/dylan-gwinn/2016/06/09/tlcs-i-am-jazz-actually-makes-anti-transgender-case

The kid is on anti-depressants.
Why is that so, legbutts?
>>
>>6364824
Death threats and hostility for being a visible face of young trans people.
>>
>>6364824
She's a mixed-race mongrel. They all have mental issues. Blame the parents.
>>
>>6364824
fuck off
>>
>>6364824
Also, what asshole parent would exploit their kid like that to get rich? Jazz will never have a normal girl life now because she's famous.
>>
>>6364841
And we're done.
OP, the issue is not addressing the issue and not accepting it enough. Her treatment has done nothing but good for her physically.
Fuck off.
>>
>>6364856
At least she went to tlc and not Dan “Rough Ryder” Schneider
>>
>>6364953
Dan "I like them tighter" Schneider isn't into little boys.
Drake came out shit because he fucked up in life.
>>
>>6364862
>physically
Can't honestly say that since it's never discussed.

However there are clearly mental issues at work, from being trans? From "death threats"? Or from all this pressure in general, on top of being on a tv show? Hard to say.

Jazz clearly shouldn't be a poster child for anything though, not with their family acting the way they do.
>>
>>6364862
>lets give a person already suffering from mental issues hormones and other things
>there will be no negative effects
>totally
>>
>>6364824
>The kid is on anti-depressants.
>Why is that so, legbutts?

I'm going to guess and say it has something to do with this.
"in 6th grade Jazz was diagnosed with clinical depression"
>>
>>6364824
My favorite part about this is all the people who have no fucking clue what depression even is, but are claiming that everyone else needs to learn about biology and mental illnesses.

Honestly though every time someone says transgendered people have a mental illness I can't help but wonder how utterly incapable of thought you need to be to say something like that. It's like pointing to a cat and saying "that's a cat" as though this invalidates the cat's existence and makes it not a cat.
No fucking duh they have a mental illness, and it's almost as though they are receiving treatment for that fucking illness. Maybe if you complain about it enough it'll revive enough of your brain cells for you to regain sapience you oblivious square. Even fedoralords have more self-awareness than that.
>>
>>6365754
>It's like pointing to a cat and saying "that's a cat" as though this invalidates the cat's existence and makes it not a cat.

I believe that it's trying to fight the normalization of transgendered stuff you see. Some people see it as people trying to make it okay akin to a person being gay rather than a person with a serious problem that needs assistance.

And I suppose some would also say surgery and hormones and the like are not a proper fix when people can better assess the problem by trying to work on the brain rather than trying to get other parts of the body to match the brain.

This is likely why you see people talking about mental illness and also talking about mutilation and stuff. They don't treat it like proper treatment.
>>
>>6365754
its because most people think mental illness is related to psychosis when it obviously isnt.
>>
>>6365777
>And I suppose some would also say surgery and hormones and the like are not a proper fix when people can better assess the problem by trying to work on the brain rather than trying to get other parts of the body to match the brain.
There's nothing wrong with that line of thought, but it shows that the person is pretty damn ignorant on the subject.
People have been searching for a solution in that vein since before the universe began. There have been no results from that approach, and at this point it's clear that there never will be.
Transitioning on the other hand, has had great results. In fact it's the only treatment that has any results for some unfathomable reason, which might be why it is medically prescribed by professionals.

Also, if we had the means to erase the transness from someone's brain, that would mean we are living in a world where the government can erase the free will from their population's brains. I don't get why people would want that.
>>
Let's see... clinical depression, possibly being bullied by schoolmates... I can see why she'd be taking such meds.

The author talks about how if she's on hormones, she should be happy. They're talking as if being happy she's on hormones and being depressed are two mutually exclusive things.

Many trans people are still depressed when they're transitioning how they want to, but they'd be worse off if they stopped. I feel like too many people, both cis and trans, have this impression that transitioning will make a trans person completely happy and erase other mental health problems. A depressed male who chooses to transition to female will still likely have the depression (assuming it's not solely caused by dysphoria), but it may lessen it. As long as your depression doesn't become worse, it should be fine.
>>
>I DONT HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS ITS THOSE EVIL CISHETS FAULT THAT I HATE MY LIFE

just rename this board /tumblr/ already and get it over with
>>
>>6364824
Armchair psychiatry at its finest.
>>
>>6365950
>hurrrrr tumblr
Look, polfag, you're an unwelcome, unneeded and unwanted cancer. If anything throws off board culture it's your 4 year old containment board, not a board that spun off from threads that have been on old boards since almost their founding.
>>
>>6365992
You didn't even address his point, as trannies ITT are blaming CISHETS once again instead of looking in the mirror
>>
>>6366006
>muh feels are stronger than published research
The only people who will be swinging on the day of the rope are polfags like you.
>>
>>6364846
No she isn't she's Jewish no matter how white they look the original semetic genes come through at some point
>>6364856
again they are jewish
>>6364824
She's a teenage girl who can't date is out as trans so forever bullied until she gets out of high school her life will be hell
lots of teens have to take them mate
>>
>>6364824
She's a tiny hon in the making that's the problem.
>>
File: 100.jpg (45 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
45 KB, 412x412
>>6366020
>lots of teens have to take them
Teenagers in poor countries seem to get on fine without 'anti-depressants', with lower rates of suicide in what are often objectively worse circumstances than the first world's teens. It's almost as if we never needed happy pills and big pharmaceutical companies are just fucking our youth with a big bloody stick that their families are convinced to pay out the nose for.
>>
File: Depression_1105_Infograph.jpg (209 KB, 635x1310) Image search: [Google]
Depression_1105_Infograph.jpg
209 KB, 635x1310
>>6366659
Prevalence of clinical depression only slightly correlates with how poor your country is. Also the countries with the highest incidence of clinical depression just so happen to be the third-world shitholes of Afghanistan, Libya, and Honduras.
InfoWars / pol pls go
>>
File: 1463959716785.jpg (106 KB, 600x680) Image search: [Google]
1463959716785.jpg
106 KB, 600x680
>>6367232
I said they had lower rates of suicide and didn't use these 'anti-depressants'. I'm here saying these things because I was on 'anti-depressants' when I was growing up and was fucked over. They're poison, no one needs 'anti-depressants', what they need is support and inner strength. Love and meditation, I don't know but certainly not 'anti-depressants'.
>>
>>6367280
>waah I tried Prozac and it didn't work for me so all antidepressants are bad and help no one
>>
>>6367466
I've seen what people are like after a while on these pills (including myself but also family and friends of mine). The pills are poison.
>>
>>6364841
/thread

this is what happens when you are not stealth

its a double edge sword. by being a public trans figure, you can show everyone that trans people are just everyday human beings trying to go about their lives like everyone else... but then u got the harassment and violent threats from breaking stealth, from assholes that have a problem with nothing that affects them in anyway whatsoever.

i kinda dont like jazz's mom because she pushed jazz into the spotlight as a kid. which is kind of fucked up. parents shouldnt out their kids.
>>
Anti-depressants help depression not dysphoria. There's nothing odd about taking both.

Jazz is old enough to decide if she wants female puberty or not. Anti-androgens have so few negative effects that it's more than safe to give it to children.

If a child only takes anti-androgens then changes their mind later down the line they can start their male puberty at any time with at worst a bit of gynecomastia which is common in children just starting puberty anyways.
>>
>>6367232
This chart is meaningless. Japan and Korea have the lowest rates of depression disability but the highest suicide rate. It's not checking if the country has a lot of depression it's checking if the country offers disability to the depressed.
>>
>>6365850
I'm curious: What work has been done to alter the brain to resolve such a mental illness? I seriously do not hear of people trying to make these changes. In fact, I hear people great distaste to the idea, lumping it together with sexual orientation reassignment testing when it's tremendously different. You hint at that line of thought too:

>Also, if we had the means to erase the transness from someone's brain, that would mean we are living in a world where the government can erase the free will from their population's brains. I don't get why people would want that.

We aren't talking about free will. People do not choose to have gender dysphoria. We are talking about people with an illness that we should try to resolve, just like any other illness. I don't know why you would have a problem with resolving an illness a person has.

But what work has been done to resolve gender dysphoria without transitioning?
>>
>>6365800
>some like being treated and understood to be a girl despite their body shape
>not psychosis
>>
>>6368490
Before transition/hormones were a thing (and even possibly now if the practioner does not believe in transitioning as a treatment), there was still the possibility of classical therapy, antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs, and more recently CBT and other modern approach to therapy. Less effective than the current standard of care.

As for (new) treatment specially for GID, AFAIK there's none being investigated. It's basically impossible that one drug could specifically fix it; psychiatric drugs will always be limited to large-scale change of brain chemistry, which is fine for disease due to large-scale anomaly (like depression), but evidence points to GID being due to local anomaly in a region of the brain. Probably not amenable to surgery with current technology.
The discomfort with trying to "cure" it through other way is because of 2 things, IMO :

- Some people fear the technique used could be akin to brainwashing, similar to the gay conversion therapy, just conditioning for repression. (CBT could be linked to that if used to treat GID). Also with enough neuroleptics (like >inb4 pimozide) you can mask any feeling, including trans feelings (though you're arguably a zombie at this point).
- Some people consider it a normal variance of human experience (like homosexuality). Somewhat similar to the idea that autistic people have a different experience, not necessarily always so bad as to warrant complete elimination of the disease.
>>
>>6369378
>Some people consider it a normal variance of human experience (like homosexuality). Somewhat similar to the idea that autistic people have a different experience, not necessarily always so bad as to warrant complete elimination of the disease.

This is precisely the kind of thought that insisting it's a mental illness tries to address, as I understand it. Just as autism is treated as best it can, the push to normalize transgender people misrepresents the struggle they have. For people talking about mental illness, I would say they wish that people receive help to actually cure their struggles rather than try to get everyone else to play pretend or alter parts of the body that function perfectly fine.

The attempt to dislocate gender pronouns from someone's sex in the west (where they have historically been placed in the west and how most everyone sees it) will only confuse the issue and possibly assist in creating a psychosis if there isn't one already.

The brainwashing comment I have to agree with you on. It's very likely that that is how it's commonly seen. However I don't see why this would be considered such unlike any other mental illness except that it's directly connected to the LGBT movement and there is already an intense aversion to "conversion therapy" from the LGB part. It's an association that could be holding up serious help to these people.

Thanks for answering the question, regardless. While you're right that direct fixes to the brain could be difficult or impossible now, it does kill me that people actually trying to cure the problem simply aren't there. It's terrible.
>>
> Why is that so, legbutts?

Just because you're the best tranny still means you're a fucking tranny.

Serious question: Any of you trannies wake up wishing "Oh boy, I wish I was MtF at 9..." or "Sucks I was born a freak at all"?

Yeah, trannies want to be girls, not trannies.
>>
>>6369805
I can find you dozens of people wanting to be trans with one hour on tumblr, anon.
>>
>>6368527
my body is literally smaller (hands, feet ect) than my cis female 17 year old cousin and I am 23 and started HRT at 19. You have psychosis for thinking that this medical condition has no physical aspect.
>>
>>6369777
>it's the gays hurting the transpeople

lol /pol/ pls
>>
>>6364824
Because transitioning as a child and stopping puberty is dangerous and stupid.
>>
>>6369828
Because that's fucking tumblr.
>>
>>6365992

You have a containment board and you don't stay here faggot.
>>
>>6374832
How can you say they aren't real trannies?
>>
>she

He is a Jew nosed boy
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.