[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up /lgbt/ I need some advice. I've had dysphoria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 1366x768
What's up /lgbt/ I need some advice.

I've had dysphoria for as long as I can remember, but I could mostly live with it until I was around 18 years old. I refused to go to university and spent most of my time in my room, planning to kill myself.

Fast forward a few months, and people on /mtfg/ finally convinced me to try HRT and see if I feel better.

Well, I've been on anti androgens for 2 months and I still feel terrible. I'm starting to think that I'm not trans, but actually dysphoric about my own existence. I desire not being alive more than I desire transitioning.

And there are other things on my mind. For example, I hate the entire trans movement. The AGP hons, transbians, Tumblrites, weebs, potheads and cam whores all make me shiver in disgust. I don't want to be associated with them.

Sorry for my rambling, but what do you think is wrong with me? What should I do?
>>
If you have gender dysphoria, then you should transition. AAs alone will not cure you, let alone only 2 months worth.

If you hate the movement, then don't associate yourself with it. You don't have to be a week or a pothead or a tumblr hon. Just be you, whatever that means.

You are enough.
>>
Are you seeing a therapist?
>>
>>6364821
Antiandrogens and no e, do you even endocrine?
>>
>>6364821
it sounds like you should probably kill yourself
>>
>>6364821
Anti androgens only reduce testosterone. You need estrogen in your system to make your brain comfortable and less dysphoric.
>>
File: 1460031023822.jpg (68 KB, 1039x638) Image search: [Google]
1460031023822.jpg
68 KB, 1039x638
>>6365330
>You need estrogen in your system to make your brain comfortable and less dysphoric.
How exactly will this deal with OP having dysphoria about existence itself? I can understand getting a more feminine body maybe helping with gender dysphoria but what OP describes seems different. I think OP needs meditation.
>>
OP, go see a therapist. Not necessarily one for gender issues, just a general purpose therapist who will help you get over your suicidal issues; it sounds like you've got some pretty bad depression which hasn't been caused only by the gender dysphoria. And as others have said, adding some estrogen to your system will probably also help.
>>
>>6365359
>existence dysphoria
That's a new one.

OP needs to reject that shity male existence and become a grill
>>
File: 1424979244738.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424979244738.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
>>6365527
>>6365451
>noun: dysphoria
>a state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction with life
All dysphoria is existence dysphoria

Not all dysphoria is gender dysphoria

Estrogen is to help transgirls with their gender/body dysphoria, estrogen is not the answer to fucking *everything*, you lunatics
>>
File: th_KonataGIF05.gif (47 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
th_KonataGIF05.gif
47 KB, 100x100
>>6365558
>Not all dysphoria is gender dysphoria
>All dysphoria is existence dysphoria
I think you need to re-check the DSM5

OP is obviously gender dysphoric. Its a medical condition that needs treatment.
>>
>>6365610
OP said he was experiencing dysphoria and had taken AA for two months

OP also says that death is preferable to transitioning and the trans 'movement' is held in contempt

Sounds to me like OP's dysphoria is more in the sense of dissatisfaction with life and HRT is a mistake
>>
File: puzzled.jpg (127 KB, 1039x638) Image search: [Google]
puzzled.jpg
127 KB, 1039x638
>>6365631
Why would OP take AA if not dysphoric about his gender?

From the sound of it OP wants to transition, but hates the idea of being a trany degenerate
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.