[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sex and Race 2.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 854x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 854x960
Look at it like this;

We used to separate ourselves by race (to an extent we still do) but then we learned race doesn't determine personality/behavior/ literally anything about a person but the physical/genetic aspect of race.

A Black man fluent in 6 languages with an M.D. is for the most part genetically identical to Lil Wayne. But the first example breaks our expectations of that member of that particular race, while the second one adheres to them.

We celebrate black men who break the mold and go on to better things than the streets/sports/music and we don't tell them they have to act ghetto because their DNA makes their skin dark, so why do we do this with non binary/trans individuals? It is literally the same thing too, race and sex are both products of DNA. DNA controls a lot of things but has no effect on gender at all whatsoever.

Gender, like one's propensity to become a neurologist fluent in 6 languages, is determined by more than just DNA.

To say DNA is the end all be all of who you are is lazy and to be completely honest undermines the concept of humanity as a whole.
>>
nature and nurture
>>
>>6359838
>but then we learned race doesn't determine personality/behavior/ literally anything about a person
When did we decide this? I find it hard to believe that thousands of years of evolution in response to ones surroundings do nothing to shape DNA.

One of the best explanations for white peoples comparative success is that they lived in colder climates, necessitating that they anticipate the future to survive harsh winters, have less children, and invest more into those children, and this just happened to be the magic formula that cultivated higher IQ and eventually lead to control over their environment.

Conversely, races from warmer climes could get away with breeding like bunnies and not have to worry about stockpiling food for the winter, this was a viable breeding strategy that dominated their gene pool, and is ultimately why there are hundreds upon hundreds of testamonials from colonists and missionaries talking about how difficult it was to teach native South Africans any sort of agriculture or even how to save money. It's easy to see how this legacy might influence the short-sighted gang culture dominating blacks in the west, but there will always be exceptions.

>so why do we do this with non binary/trans individuals?
Probably because most trans people WANT to be stereotypical examples of their preferred gender, or at least something in that ballpark. I've never heard a MtF claim they wanted to be butch, no, they want to be cute girls and feminine goddesses.
>>
>>6361935
This. Not the race part, but as a mtf I want to be held to the same standards as women and I'm sure all trans people, ftm and mtf, feel the same way. It's the whole point of transition and the whole reason why we care so much about passing. I'm not in it to be cute, I'm not trying to be my own waifu. I'm doing this because I want to be treated like what I've always wanted to be: a woman.
>>
>>6359838
Source on the anime?
>>
File: 1456358015195.gif (137 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1456358015195.gif
137 KB, 340x340
>>6362332
>not recognising UMARU

I love the warmth of summer.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.