[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lgbt/. I've found some interesting case studies we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: brain scan.jpg (1 MB, 3969x3739) Image search: [Google]
brain scan.jpg
1 MB, 3969x3739
Hi /lgbt/. I've found some interesting case studies we should talk about....

1. A ex-Pedophile lost his urge to rape kids after a small egg-shaped brain tumor was removed from his right frontal lobe. Months later, his sexual focus on young girls rekindled, and a new scan revealed that bits of tissue missed in the surgery had grown into a sizeable tumour. Surgery once again restored his behavioural profile to "normal" and he has since had no interest in kids.

2. Those with temporal lobe epilepsy have been found to experience sexuality changes (females turning bisexual, men turning into transvestites or transexuals).

3. A man with a brain tumor experienced numerous multi-direction sexual disorders: harlotry, incestuous intercourse with his under-age daughter [used physical violence and threatened to kill her if she told], sodomy, hetero- and homosexual pedophilia, masochism [he demanded that his wife beat him with a club] with some symptoms of sadism, coprolalia and exhibitionism. [Also bestiality with cows and calves.] Pedophilia and exhibitionism [he fancied wearing a red ribbon around his exposed penis]. They all went away after the brain tumor was removed!

4. A man experienced a fetish for long hair and a desire to dress and be a woman (transvestism/transexualism) due to a invasive tumour affecting the left temporal region.

5. A gay man turned straight and had a complete personality change after he experienced a stroke.

>All of them can be read about here with source links: http://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2009/10/unusual-changes-in-sexuality-case.html

6. Hypersexuality and altered sexual preferences (turning from straight to gay) has been found in 8 cases of those with a brain injury or encephalitis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1028946/

What if being /lgbt/ was caused by something going haywire inside of our skull (brain trauma, brain injury, a brain tumor, encephalitis, etc.) and we aren't born that way? Have you brain scans done?
>>
7. Rugby player woke up "gay" after a stroke: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2130900/Chris-Birch-Rugby-player-woke-gay-stroke-says-hes-happiest-hes-been.html
>>
>>6358013
You're retarded.

5% of the population had severe brain injury without noticing, or having any noticeable effects, other than turning lgbt.

How could you even entertain this dumb as fuck idea?
>>
>>6358041

Why are you so angry? It's very possible that there are numerous lgbt ppl who have had a brain injury of some kind, experienced brain trauma, or perhaps have a tumor or something going on inside of their skull that might can cause them to turn back to "normal" if they only knew it was causing them to be /lgbt/.

Have you had you had brain scans done to make sure your brain is healthy?
>>
OP, I actually tried to pursue getting dMRI scans done but the NHS is obtuse as fuck.

If brain injury caused me to be a tranny, I must have taken a hard knock as a young kid because I was effeminate very early on and dysphoric as soon as I hit my teens and developed a libido.
>>
>>6358061
All this shows is support for the idea that being gay or trans is probably based in the actual physicality of the brain. How can be so sure that some peoples' brains don't just naturally develop that way, but your examples are unusual cases where they were altered?
>>
>>6358135
basically this.
what's to say that abnormal brain development from prenatal hormonal dysregulation, and traumatic brain injury later in life, can't theoretically lead to similar sexual/gender expressions?
>>
>>6358013
>What if being /lgbt/ was caused by something going haywire inside of our skull (brain trauma, brain injury, a brain tumor, encephalitis, etc.) and we aren't born that way? Have you brain scans done?
Considering the examples you are talking about involve altering the brain on lobotomy-tier levels of destruction I highly doubt people became lgbt "unknowingly" due to brain trauma.
That would basically mean that every lgbt person at some point in their life had serious trauma caused to their brain, not a single lgbt person remembers it, it always occurred when they were in private, and they were always alone long enough for whatever caused it to not only destroy a portion of their brain, but they also had enough time to recover, and enough time to develop the amnesia to forget the whole entire incident. That would be a monumentally improbable series of events even in just a single case, let alone every lgbt person
>>
>>6358135

by saying that you're by default agreeing to.....

>some people's brains naturally develop in such a way that would cause them to want to rape children

which means you agree that pedophilia is a sexuality someone may be born with...

This is where I have to disagree with you.

Bottomline is that removing a brain tumor/obstruction in some patients have caused their sexuality to change. Some of them only experienced the sexual symptoms for a few years or even from a young age.

>>6358178
>lobotomy-tier levels

Brain tumors and other things can go wrong with your brain that you never know about! You're making it sound like all the cases were based on the skull being hit, falling on one's head, etc... but that isn't the case. A simple brain tumor may be the reason many of us are lgbt...and you just want to fight the evidence presented. I'm quite certain many of us have a brain tumor or something else going on with our brain and we all should get brain scans to see if are brain is healthy or not.
>>
Another interesting case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GvSsl4-VQ

A college student shows symptoms of being demonically possessed...turns out she had a newly discover disease, anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis, caused when the body’s immune system goes haywire and attacks a protein in the brain. After immunosupression treatment she returned to her normal self.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/2013/05/26/when-brain-attacks-newly-discovered-disease-can-mimic-psychosis/dyixxnwdHJJIUITsNYJC3O/story.html

http://bottomlineinc.com/autoimmune-encephalitis-the-brain-disease-that-makes-people-seem-crazy/

Some are thinking those with schizophrenia, alzheimer's, and other mental disorders might have the same issue.

Makes you wonder if being /lgbt/ could be caused by something like that. The rise of the /lgbt/ population is quite alarming...
>>
Y'all getting ur cock-filled panties in a bunch for no reason.

OP's point shouldn't be dismissed from a scientific viewpoint.

Also, there are possible relationships that don't involve direct causation:

-Creation or removal of inhibitions

-There is such a thing as non-pathological variations on form and function of organs

-Some lesions could mimick the above
>>
>>6358337
How come all those studies of differences in gay/trans brain structures never found a bunch of tumors or whatever?
>>
>>6358603
I agree. The science points to the careful application of hammers to straight people to cure them of their disease.
>>
>>6358645

Get checked for a brain tumor/issue, see for yourself if your brain is healthy or not.
>>
Another interesting case..

8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Paul_Schreber

"Schreber was a successful and highly respected judge until middle age when the onset of his psychosis occurred. He woke up one morning with the thought that it would be pleasant to "succumb" to sexual intercourse as a woman. He was alarmed and felt that this thought had come from somewhere else, not from himself. He even hypothesized that the thought had come from a doctor who had experimented with hypnosis on him; he thought that the doctor had telepathically invaded his mind.

As his psychosis progressed, he believed that God was turning him into a woman..."

I wonder if his psychosis was really the result of a brain tumor/trauma. It happened so long ago before they did brain scans and x-rays.
>>
>>6358734
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Paul_Schreber

"During first phase of his illness Schreber was certain that Dr. Flechsig persecuted him and made direct attempts to murder his soul and change him into a woman (he had what Freud thought to be emasculation hallucinations, which were in fact, according to Schreber's words an "unmanning" (entmannung) experience). In the next period of ailment he was convinced that God and the order of things demanded of him that he must be turned into a woman so that he could be the sole object of sexual desire of God. "

Sounds like many trannies I've come across and their multiple delusions. :(
>>
>>6358645

If these kind of findings were thorougly researched it might turn out that, in essence, yes.
>>
>>6358645
>>6358760
Except hammers are crude and declassé. Careful intraencephalic application of freezing temperatures following well-documented stereotomic atlases would do the job just as well without losing as many citizens to productive society.

We could call such a procedure Heterotomy.
>>
>>6358041
Pretty defensive there.
>>
>>6358013
>Have you brain scans done?

I've had an electroencephalogram done, but I guess that isn't the same? I was pretty normal, anyway.
>>
>>6358013
By deffinition all gay people are abnoralitys. It is a malfunction.

You can still be ok but it is a malfuction

But bruce jennner got into a car accident before he thought he was a girl.

I think he got a brain injury and now is mentally fucked up. Its most likely
>>
File: danse macabre.gif (3 MB, 450x288) Image search: [Google]
danse macabre.gif
3 MB, 450x288
>>6358013
>tfw had sudden change in sexuality that reverted back
>had mri during and it came back unexpectedly normal
>>
>>6358337
>>some people's brains naturally develop in such a way that would cause them to want to rape children
>which means you agree that pedophilia is a sexuality someone may be born with...

Our brains are essentially the essence of our being. There are probably people who are born out there with pedophilic tendencies. That doesn't mean that we allow those tendencies. Just like people who are born with murderous tendencies are not allowed to murder everyone.

Who cares if there is an abnormality in my brain that is causing me to be gay? I have not had anything pointing towards my quality of life declining.

Plus it's hard enough to define "normal" and "healthy" brains. Humans are adaptive and differing. That's how we got so big.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.