[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/scg/ - Shit Country General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Homosexuality-Illegal-map.jpg (227 KB, 2048x1436) Image search: [Google]
Homosexuality-Illegal-map.jpg
227 KB, 2048x1436
A general for those who live in MENA, Serbia, or just any other shit hole that doesn't like your faggotry.
>>
This board would be all bants with flags.
>>
>>6357273
>Shit country
>doen't include Russia or the Balkans
Also why are most of the christian countries where it's banned always former british colonies
>>
>>6357336
Here's a good article on the African scramble countries in particular:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/06/27/from-colonialism-to-kill-the-gays-the-surprisingly-recent-roots-of-homophobia-in-africa/

Unsurprisingly—to me, anyway: European colonial empires spread homophobic ideals and those were left intact after such countries gained independence.

Since they were screwed over in so many other ways, LGBT rights just haven't been an priority and any effort on the part of Western countries to impose sanctions in response have been seen as arrogant and only ended worsening things.
>>
>>6357385
And actually now that I've written it out, it is fucking presumptuous indeed to go around forcing Protestant views on people before pulling back and wagging your finger at them for carrying the torch.
>>
>>6357273
it's not even that bad in Serbia? idk what're you talking about.
>>
>>6357461
It's all relative. Sure, we're doing way better than gay sandniggers, but not quite as good as gays in places where being gay is passe. I'm sure that german gays would faint if they had to walk pass a few dozen gay slurs written on the walls on their way to work.
>>
Great timing. I'm currently in Mexico visiting my parents, and I just came out to them and they flipped. Like most Mexicans, they don't like homosexuals or bisexuals and in their eyes I chose to be a bisexual degenerate. I have two more months left with them. I really wish I could just disappear.
>>
>>6357546
So sorry to hear that anon. Why did you come uninvited though?
>>
>>6357385
Those societies were always homophobic dumass. Take your anti white guilty out of here
>>
>>6357582
I know, right? Besides, isn't it MORE racist to deny brown people any agency or responsibility?
>>
>>6357588
>isn't it MORE racist to deny brown people any agency or responsibility?
The anti-gay laws in former Raj states aren't laws the brown people wrote, they're laws they inherited because they stuck to british common law as it was at the time of independence.

The same happened in a lot of british colonies which due largely to very religious cultures stuck to where the UK was at the end of the 50s.
>>
>>6357601
They are free to remove those laws any time.
>>
Eyyy. I live in the Bahamas.
A gay dude got beat by the police the other day and an anti-discrimination bill failed twice to pass under a referendum proposed to the general public! Yay!
>>
>>6357620
On the bright side, you live in the Bahamas.
>>
>>6357565
Uninvited? No, they insisted that I spend summer break with them. I'm moving to Chicago since I was accepted to the University of Chicago for graduate school, and my parents wanted to be with me before I moved there. I also wanted to see my friends here in Mexico so I agreed, but as you can see, it turned out to be a really shitty decision.
>>
>>6357611
>Since they were screwed over in so many other ways, LGBT rights just haven't been an priority
>>
>>6357582
Absolutely not true, many African states had homosexuals as part of their culture, it was the British who made it illegal.
>>6357273
I used to live in Jamaica, can I join?
>>
>>6357666
Sorry, Satan. My reading comprehension is shit tonight.

Maybe it's a good thing. I mean, a freak out was inevitable. It's probably better that it's all happening while you're there and they can see that you're still the same person you always were. Plus you can defend yourself, and answer any questions they may have. Still, I know it must be a really shitty time. Hang in there, and I hope they get over it soon.
>>
>>6357546
How can you be gay in Mexico? The girls are so hot. You must be some kind of superfaggot to ignore Latina booty
>>
>>6357543
smvt pedevima :(
>>
>>6357721
I'm one of those Latina females you speak of
>>
>>6357749
Literally triggered erryday. Ali da, ipak bi bilo lepše živeti u državi gde nije teško naći lika kome nije trip otići na dejt. Nije Afrika, ali može i bolje.
>>
>>6357764
then stop looking for pussies : )
>>
>>6357712
Too bad my mother won't hear any of it, let alone have any questions for me, since she believes she already has all the answers to homosexuality and bisexuality. In her eyes, it's a degenerate choice made by selfish degenerates who are pedophiles who also happen to fornicate animals. I've had to listen to this drivel from her for years now.
>>
>>6357721
Additionally, you sound like a retard.
>>
>>6357781
>tfw not actually looking
>tfw the pussy is me
Granted that has everything to do with social anxiety, and nothing to do with guys who look like they're going skiing, but still.
>>
>>6357803
ayy senpai tell me if i can help u somehow
>tfw sretnes nekog iz srbije ovde
>>
>>6357828
>tfw sretnes nekog iz srbije ovde
I know, I didn't expect it either. And nah, I don't think you or anyone can. It's one of those things you have to face by yourself. Thank you though.

You seem like a functional human being though. What are you doing on 4chan on a Friday night?
>>
>>6357761
Ok that make sense, ignore your parents and enjoy the booty
>>
>>6357839
distracting myself from being sad
>>
>>6357273
>Botswana
I thought they're open about same sex relationships
>>
>>6357839
Reading about about you guys

Where are the Russian qts?
>>
File: 1460952223001.jpg (74 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
1460952223001.jpg
74 KB, 640x634
>>6357674
They legitimately DON'T like homosexuals, especially the Islamic countries. Am I the only sane liberal left or have you all given into the "so sorry" meme?
>>
File: nyTrTTB.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
nyTrTTB.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
>>6358001
Yeah homosexuality also is not illegal in Mozambique. Also in Bhutan it's a fine. In Papua New Guinea it is unenforced (but half of their population lives in the jungle and there are no highways connecting cities so it's hard to enforce anything there) I think this map is flat out wrong.
>>
>>6358793
nah brah tons f us are aware of that but we still have principles
>>
>>6357582
>>6357588
>>6357611
Africa was gay as fuck before colonialism. Christianity ruined it, there is no denying that especially given African religions like Candomble, Santeria and Voodou being safe spaces for LGBT to exist in Latin America.

Even in places like Hausaland that's muslim until recently homosexuality was common fact, colonialism created the impetus for radical Islam to occur meant to oust foreign influences but with that standardizing Islam from its very mixed and lgbt supportive form.

Don't act as though subaltern people had agency. That's what makes them subaltern.
>>
>>6358811

It was illegal in Mozambique until last year.
And in Bhutan it isn't a fine but a prison sentence of 'between one month to less than one year'. You should check what you say before you post.

>>6358001

Botswana is a meme. It has the 4th most skewed wealth distribution in the world (after Namibia, South Africa and Haiti). The only reason it is praised so much in the west is because how deregulated its economy is. Wealth has little to do with homophobia or lack thereof.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.