[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can some people explain gender fluidity to me in depth as much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: gay shirt.jpg (82 KB, 222x322) Image search: [Google]
gay shirt.jpg
82 KB, 222x322
Can some people explain gender fluidity to me in depth as much as you can? I think I might be and I need to make sure..
>>
>>6357037
special snowflakes that want to have their cake and eat it too
>>
>>6357037
genderfluidity is wearing a skirt one day and telling people youre a girl, and the next day you wear jeans and tell people youre a boy
tl;dr its cancer
>>
my explanation:

I took a gender studies class in college a couple years ago and they described gender as something detached from your organs.

And sometimes I feel like a guy and others i feel like a girl. But

But i dont want people to change my pronouns to accommodate me, i just want to dress different and act more like "myself"
>>
>>6357112

>i dont want people to change my pronouns to accommodate me, i just want to dress different and act more like "myself"

Yeah, that's how it is for me too. I used to identify as genderfluid but I realize that it was just based on gender roles and there's really no way to feel like a girl or a boy.

I just use 'androgyne' now because I still have gender dysphoria but I'm not fully FTM and I just want to be perfectly androgynous.
>>
>>6357037
There's nothing to explain, it'll all faggot bs. It's just something that edgy pre teen girls made up where they are attracted to girls one day and guys the next. Basically it's where you change your sexuality fluidly (often).
>>
>>6357241
Even by Tumblr's definition, that isn't what it is. Is has nothing to do with sexuality, it's supposed to be that you /feel/ like a girl one day and a boy the next - not who you're attracted to.
>>
>>6357037
Personally, I say I'm genderfluid as a medium of indecisiveness. I'm fine with being a guy and have no desire to have a gender change, but I like being referred to as a girl and dressing like one at times as well.
I don't get upset or demand that people use any pronouns for me, call me he or her whenever, I'm not gonna get upset.
Really it's just when you feel that your gender identity changes. It is NOT the same as your sex, which is just biologically male or female. But as for gender expression, it's fluid.

As much as I hate tumblr terms, I do use this one to describe myself, but I'm not strict about it or anything.
>>
>>6357390
Yep, I agree with this amok completely, they basically see their gender fluidity as I do mine.

Some gender fluid people flip flop between male and female gender expression. Others float somewhere in between, presenting as androgynous sometimes, and either m or f other times
>>
I called myself genderfluid because of my fluctuating dysphoria. After I got on T my dysphoria was more constant and I just identify as a dude now
>>
File: 1454631953754.jpg (82 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1454631953754.jpg
82 KB, 700x700
>>6357037
>>6357037
I mean... gender expression is a pretty "fluid" thing as it is. Some trans people feel ok expressing themselves as their gender assigned at birth sometimes... other times dysphoria makes it so they can't.
Dysphoria fluctuates for all trans tho so some people think they are before transition... some people transition and find themselves going back and forth. Gender dysphoria is kind of weird like that, tho. Also, whatever you believe to be true is kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.....and so it becomes real.
>>
>gender roles are bullshit!!
>I don't FEEL like a girl because I don't like girly things...

Do you see the hypocrasy here? Gender is all fucking meaningless. Do what you want, but no matter how butch you are people will always see you as a woman and the general public isn't going to ask you your pronouns. Being a theythem is just making life hard for yourself because you have nothing to live for.
>>
File: 1454782968845.jpg (465 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1454782968845.jpg
465 KB, 1280x1707
Denotes two different things
1. A special snowflake who wants to be trans and cis at the same time (usually AFAB and 13-21)
2. Someone whose dysphoria is turbulent and comes and goes leaving them in a kind of limbo. Some of them choose to transition. (This is the good kind)

Here take this wall of text on the origins of "bigender" which is similar and sometimes synonymous to "genderfluid"

>According to Case and Ramachandran, these findings suggest that there is a biological basis of bigenderism. They named this condition alternating gender incongruity and hypothesized that it may correspond to an unusual degree of hemispheric switching, or when dominance switches from one hemisphere to the other during a single behavior, and callosal suppression of sex appropriate body maps in the parietal cortex and its reciprocal connections with the insula and hypothalamus. They propose that "coordination between shifts in brain connectivity, autonomic response, hormone release, and dynamic representation of body gender might together create the sense of gender alternation experiencing by many bigender individuals." These researchers also disagree with the separation between neurological and psychological conditions and instead predict that alternating gender incongruity is a neuropsychiatric condition, but more research is needed to confirm this
>>
>>6357037
it's just something that people who have no concept of what gender roles are and that being cis does not equal conforming to them. basically what's ruining the trans movement.
>>
>>6357142
I feel you even though I'm a cis guy
I'm passable as fem,
but andro is where I'd like to be because it gives me freedom, flexibility and a more realistic goal
>>
What's the deal with hating on AFAB trans?
>>
>>6358756
that pie looks shitty
the crust is overworked, it looks like it was made from bread dough.
>>
>>6358756
Edward (s)cis(or) hands

Alt. Edward sausage hands
>>
>>6360700
It's not a pie you dingus. It's one of those giant cookies you get at Walmart.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.