[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question, why is it considered transphobic to say there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: garlicbread.jpg (134 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
garlicbread.jpg
134 KB, 800x450
Serious question, why is it considered transphobic to say there are only two genders? It might be phobic of something, but not of trans people.
The word trans is short for transitional. If you're trans, you go from one gender to another. The line may be blurred but you're trying to go over it. You can't stay in transition forever on purpose, because that would be your destination, not a transitional state.
I suppose you could transition to some unique Tumblr gender, but the kind of people who would do that usually deny that there's an appearance component to gender at all, they just say they're an attack helicopter and it must be true, no transition necessary.
Trans people of 4chan, what am I ignorant about on this topic?
>>
>>6345148
>>
>muh attack helicopter "argument"
>>
Come on, I really want to know.
>>
>>6351616
it's only to people that pretend to be trans aka transtrenders. Actual trans are trying to transition into only either male or female.
>>
>>6351440
>The word trans is short for transitional
No it's not you moron.
What do you imagine cis is short for?
>>
i consider myself non binary and im actively trying to change my body to be androgynous
>>
>>6351688
Male or female, you may be an effeminate man or a masculine woman, even to where you read neutral, but you're still one of them snowflake
>>
>>6351629
>What do you imagine cis is short for?
>cishit
>>
>The word trans is short for transitional
The biochemist in me cringed at this
>>
>>6351440
it's the same as with translunar and cislunar space

translunar = beyond the moon
cislunar = between the moon and earth

transsexual = on the other side of assigned-at-birth sex

cissexual = this side of assigned-at-birth sex
>>
>>6352083
So did the linguist in me
>>
>>6352098
>transsexual = on the other side of assigned-at-birth sex
>on the other side
>THE other SIDE
So there's only one other side. That means two sides total.
>>
File: 1464248369055.jpg (30 KB, 265x417) Image search: [Google]
1464248369055.jpg
30 KB, 265x417
>>6351440
It is more simple to just say that if point A and point B were the two genders, you are either at point A or point B or moving from point A to point B and vice versa. Under this logic gender fluid nonsense is possible but moving between points is not that easy which is why the whole idea of gender fluidity is ludicrous.
I'm trans myself and I can't fucking bear to be around gender fluid snowflakes because the way I see it they insult all transpeople by thinking that it's so easy to transition that you can do it on a daily basis, when people like me spend their entire lives struggling to pass, to the point that most of us commit suicide when we realize turning our penis inside out, or having a frankencock installed does not even remotely bring us close to being a member of the opposite sex.
>>
>>6351440
It's not. There are only 2 genders, male and female.
>>
>>6352098
I sexually identify as a transneptunian object.
>>
>>6351440
>not understanding the prefix trans

>the china study
>a transnational study between US and China
>every transnational study compares US and china

>Car has transmission
>2 gears
kk
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.