[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
feeling better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Animeboyintherain.jpg (33 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Animeboyintherain.jpg
33 KB, 1024x768
How do you guys get over someone who seems perfect for you?
Or perhaps not even get over, but distract yourself enough so it's not awkward around them?
>>
Bump because I want to know this as well.
>>
Ez, you drown yourself in sorrow until you stop feeling. That is, until they playfully pinch your nipple or hug you or bite you and the sea of sadness in which your feelings died revolts against the light and throws your half-dead, barely functioning body to the shore again and now you have to drown again.
>>
>>6348174
Thanks for putting those images in my head and making it even harder...
>>
I'm mostly into girls, but whenever I find a guy I like become exactly how op described. Attractive girls are so common I can never get attached to any one in particular, no matter how hot they are I know I can find 100 more of her just about anywhere, but cute feminine guys are so rare I can't help but get a bit clingy and desperate. Now I'm on my 3rd boy crush and its killing me.

I think the only way to get over it is to find another oneitis, but that's just trading one obsession for another. The other way is to fill the void in your life that makes you so desperate in the first place, but that takes a lot of effort. No matter how much we think we need them, we really don't, we just need to lead more fulfilling lives so that we aren't vulnerable to such feels.
>>
>>6346666
By confessing and getting rejected.

If that doesn't work - then I don't, I just get accustomed to the fact that if I like them that much, I like them as a friend too, and that becoming a worse person because of love is totally retarded.
>>
Confess to em, if they don't feel the same shrug it off and accept that that's how life can be sometimes.

Be sad for awhile, mope around if you feel like it, but eventually you gotta learn to be happy on your own, do shit that makes you happy on your own and when you're ready find someone new to chase after.

wash rinse repeat until you find someone who likes you too.
>>
>>6348277
>By confessing and getting rejected.

This works too. Having hope is really what fills your brain with the most nonsense.
>>
>>6348303
We've been friends for a long time though. and plus she's talking to/possibly dating someone else. I can't say anything because that would screw everything up. It's just rough because she gives off signs of liking me; as you say, it's the misplaced hope I guess.
>>
>>6348323
See, I'm mtf and was kinda crushing on a guy once, he never talked to me ever though so I just kinda gave up. After I told him I was trans randomly one day he was like "eh that's cool, I'd still date you" and I was like "you'd date me?" and he was like "Yeah totes, you're awesome" and I was all

>I wish I knew this before I got into a relationship with someone.

That relationship didn't work out, but now he's in a relationship with some other girl, and it's kinda sad because I'd want to try but he just waited too long to ask.
>>
>>6348323

Getting firmly rejected is the worst part, but I didn't start recovering until that very moment.
>>
>>6348323
Why would saying anything screw everything up?
And are you sure you aren't screwing yourself up even more by bottling it up?
>>
Don't dwell. The less they're on your mind the better. Never picture what might have been.

I usually find it helps to get back at them passive-aggressively, you know, love taps. Get something they want or outperform them somehow, or do something to make them jealous, or at least stir something in them that could in some possible world see it with you.

Your attitude must be: "your loss ya dumb bitch!"
>>
>>6348382
Well she has much better social connections than me and I'm worried about what she might say to other people if I say anything.
>>
>>6348409
This made me chuckle a bit. By keeping her off my mind, do you suggest not hanging around her much and exiting conversations politely as possible when she enters?
>>
>>6348365
this
one of my best gay friends and I dated for a little bit but he eventually told me he didn't have any feelings toward me. It hurt and took a bit to get over but now I don't even see him like that anymore, we're just good friends.
>>
>>6348434
Well you should be competent enough to have basic social interactions with "her" (why you would willingly consort with such creatures is beyond me, homo here) you should not spend huge amounts of time with her unless she's aware about your terminal case of blue balls.
Sexual and romantic frustration don't just go away. They get creepy.

If you're too hot for her, disengage. Go to a party and find someone to distract you. Otherwise it's just going to build until when she finally rejects you you'll crash like a sack of bricks over a stack of dishes.
>>
>>6348456
How do I react when she initiates conversations? (She initiates all of them)
>>
Instead of picturing your life together, imagine getting rejected and being OK with it. If you get used to the idea of not having them, you won't be so obsessed with having them. That will make you more relaxed around them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.