[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Changing personality after transition...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160209-WA0032.jpg (109 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160209-WA0032.jpg
109 KB, 800x800
Someone else feel like they changed/could totally change their personality after transitioning? Or would you stay the same?

I've used to be an extremely introvert, rebel and angry teenager (I was in a Escitalopram treatment for like three years since i was 16 because of anxiety and rage problems).

I feel like i totally would have turned to be a christian happy and understanding "girl" who was always smiling, if i transitioned earlier. IDK.
>>
>>6341137
I think it was less about changing my personality and just being true to myself.

I was quite shy and prude, after that I kinda started getting a bit too outgoing for my older version, specially due to where I work now.

I think the biggest change was the fact people say I'm pretty and give me attention, that inflated my ego by quite a lot.
>>
A drastic hormone change from testosterone to estrogen will definitely change the way you think.
>>
>>6341137
It might change some of how you operate, but the biggest change won't be in you. Rather, the most noticeable impact will be between you and others. Identity as dialog is a very strong model, and can model all the small ways in which your perceptions, and others' perceptions of you, can contribute to a vast change in apparent character when
>>
>>6344768
Comparatively little has really changed IN you.

But when your relationship with your family has changed...
And how you relate to your best friend has changed...
And the way different social groups treat you has changed...

You're a very different person.
>>
>>6341178
This for me too.

I was shy and introverted and depressed. But now I'm happier, more outgoing and have higher self-esteem. Initially when I came out I think I got worse since I had to deal with dysphoria and self hatred and passing etc but now everyone refers to me as a girl and I'm more accepting of myself and things are looking up. I'm still the same person but being true to myself has changed so much for the better.
>>
H Y P N O S I S
Y
P
N
O
S
I
S
>>
>>6341178
I think this is true for a lot of trans people

I suppressed a lot about myself. I never pursued many of the things i wanted to when i was deep in the closet and in denial.
I took part in somethings that i really had no interest in just to save face and look like a "normal boy"
then after i came out i just stopped doing all that stuff and finally started chasing and expressing my true interests
from other peoples perspective they may say my personality has changed, but really its the first time they are actually getting to see its entirety.
>>
>>6341178
>>6345077
This.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.