[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest question here Why do LGBT people get so triggered when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1462147828279.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1462147828279.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
Honest question here
Why do LGBT people get so triggered when I say I developed gay feelings later in life and they always say I was just "suppressed", I was exclusively hetero until I was 17.
>>
>>6337674
i don't, people change, sexuality is a changing sliding scale.
>>
Same! But sort of reverse because I was mostly attracted to men before my gender change and now I only like girls.
>>
>>6337674
Idk stop being a faggot OP>>6337690
>>
>>6337674
For the longest time the LGB community has been using and still does use "born this way" as a means to legitimize their lifestyles in the face of christian criticism.

If sexuality is formed later in life, ergo, around when puberty hits or later in life as your case suggests it may be more akin to a fetish than some sort of uncontrollable happenstance you're born with.

And if the LGB spectrum is more akin to a fetish it would only demand as much respect as furries, bronies, pedophiles, footfags, etc. If that became the popular opinion it would hurt LGB progress is more conservative areas of the world.
>>
>>6337796
The difference is that orientation isn't controllable and only changes outside of one's control, while fetishes are controllable (in a healthy person).
>>
>>6337806
I'd disagree, to an extent, I don't think we really have much control over the exposure that causes sexual synapse to form.

LGB synapse form easily because everyone is exposed to member of the opposite sex constantly.
Where as a furry synapse doesn't form until you watch Disney's Robin Hood or Zootopia. That type of exposure is more controllable, but if you were to ask around, I doubt anyone would say they chose their fetish.
>>
This board is so chill, all of you answer all my straight questions and even calmly discuss when i used talk about religion, none of you ever get triggerd about sexuality, only when i mention the jews.
>>
>>6337839
I guess I phrased that badly. Acting on one's orientation is the only choice for most people to be happy, whereas a fetish is not something that someone has to indulge to be happy. I could be wrong in some cases though.
>>
>>6337806
you're just trying to throw fetishists under the bus
>>
>>6337923
I agree.
Acting in ones orientation is the only reasonable choice.

I also wouldn't want to suggest that fetishes should be something people are open about in the same way as orientation.

However, orientation being more akin to a fetish, something that can be acquired under the right circumstances, explains why some people realize they're gay later in life.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.