[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Faking It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: MTV_Faking It_03_2014_1595.jpg (1 MB, 4912x7360) Image search: [Google]
MTV_Faking It_03_2014_1595.jpg
1 MB, 4912x7360
Been wondering what legbutt thinks of this shitshow. It's some campy thing but I'm invested now.

It's some obviously bislut girl that falls for her straight friend, breaks her heart, goes on about questioning and such. Plus there's some gay dude that's just /lgbt/ personified, a qt intersex /pol/ girl, and now more bi sluts.

Not much trannies though so I get why it might not get on here.
>>
>>5075262
I hate the new Bi guy tbh, he too slutty
>>
>>5075262
Faking It has actually been one of my favorite shows since it premiered.
I'm really curious what lauren's actual intersex condition is, since her ex-bf avoids sex with her multiple times[spoiler!], but she's never really indicated that she doesn't have a vagina; to be fair "intersex" is pretty ambiguous.
I feel like they're trying to substitute "intersex" for "trans" (like in the season 2 finale when she talks to her friends from her hometown and she gets upset when they talk shit about the mtf teacher)
i really think the show would be better off just featuring a transsexual character (someone who is fulltime or close to it and on hormones) in addition to lauren so the differences between the two can actually be made clear to casual people who dont know.

also, the show makes them far far too young. in season 2 they call themselves sophomores which means they were only 9th grade in season 1....wtf? i mean they all look like adults, at least let them be juniors or seniors by now. it makes Lauren and Amy's relationships really awkward since they were both dating adults out of high school.

also, i watched all of season 2 part 2 since it leaked. it's pretty good. Amy FINALLY gets some balls
>>
>>5075360
it got leaked? where?
>>
>>5075376
it's on tpb and kat i believe
>>
Tv series like this are great as far as they contribute to the visibilization of the LGBTI community. It also appears that I liked it.

However, I really felt like the show trivializes a lot what it is to be gay, bisexual or intersex. The overall sensation I had got was that they wanted to broadcast a cool, entretaining show rather than to expose the real trouble related to LGBTI community.

Anyway, there is a lot of path to be done. This is a first step, I guess.
>>
>>5075383
tpb,kat ? wat ;_; pls elaborate
>>
>>5075401
>>5075383

oh ok nvmd I was just silly, thanks anon
>>
>>5075397
yeah there is very little discussion of actual issues, aside from Amy trying to figure out what her sexual orientation is.
>>5075401
>>5075409
did you find it?
>>
>>5075417
I found it on tpb but I didnt download it so cant tell if its legit or not
>>
>>5075422
i already deleted my copy, but iirc i did download it from tpb.
it didn't actually have episodes 10-20, it was something like 13-20 i believe
just download some of it to check or use a proxy
>>
File: summing up the show.gif (2 MB, 245x225) Image search: [Google]
summing up the show.gif
2 MB, 245x225
>>5075360
I thought laura was intersex more as a way to have an anti-lgbt person that won't come off as some irredeemable cishet privileged whity.

And I thought it was directly stated she had AIS, given she says she has perfect skin and no period and has to take hormones. Her ex bf was just an idiot because outwardly you appear female sexually it's just internally there's no uterus and you have testies instead (which she had to have had taken away at birth given the mones).

Either way she's best girl.
>>
>>5075262
Loved the first couple of episodes, after that it went downhill for me and the end I couldn't take the whole Amy suddenly being bi mess and the main dude being a Gary Stu. Did not feel like watching S2 afterwards.

I might consider re-watching it though, even if just to enjoy once again the first episodes.
>>
>>5075360
I thought they were all 17.

But I found the whole amy/regan relationship kinda creepy just because regan seemed incredibly immature and manipulative + dating some hs teen. At least with lauren you can tell she's more equal in her relationships.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.