[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone ever been rescued from depression and a fucked life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: brääääää.jpg (313 KB, 2500x1718) Image search: [Google]
brääääää.jpg
313 KB, 2500x1718
has anyone ever been rescued from depression and a fucked life by a partner or is it just a meme made up by lonely people?
>>
File: Akio Utena.jpg (874 KB, 2750x1860) Image search: [Google]
Akio Utena.jpg
874 KB, 2750x1860
>>6329567
It's a meme. There is no prince charming. There are only people who pretend to be Prince Charming so they can bed you, get you into their homes, then crap all over you because they know you have nowhere to go.

Nobody can save you from depression. That's something only you can save you from as it's a mental thing.

You have to be self-sufficient before you can expect to find a supportive partner. Get a job, even if it's an online one, and pay your rent.

There are actually some media against the Disney Princess meme. I suggest Revolutionary Girl Utena as an example.

Pic related: he's isn't actually saving her....
>>
>>6329567
It only works if you are very beautiful and the other person is willing to deal with you and help your depression.

Thinking someone is going to save you is dangerous, I used to believe it and it made each time I was betrayed from a person in a relationship that much more painful throwing me deeper into the pit.

You need to find methods to control it and manage your emotions/energy. I personally read a lot of self help books, relationship books, books on coping with divorce despite never being married (just seemed like a place to learn with accepting losses would be).

Then something I adopted was meditation, they might say absurd new age nonsense. But you need to ignore it even if you think it's silly. Or try to buy into it if you please. But the main reason to do so, it inserts a moment of calm relaxation to your life. Where everything stops and you just do as they say.

Depression will never go away, all you can do is try to find new ways to think, different life perspective and methods to recover such as meditation, working out.
>>
My gf has made my life enjoyable, whereas before I was a depressed shut in tranny who stayed inside doing drugs and crying all the time.
>>
>>6329713
>Thinking someone is going to save you is dangerous, I used to believe it and it made each time I was betrayed from a person in a relationship that much more painful throwing me deeper into the pit.

Sweetie, you're self destructive. Stop expecting people to save you. It doesn't matter how beautiful you are, you have to save yourself!
>>
>>6329567

>seeking meaning and value outside of yourself

definition of depression right there
>>
>>6329644
That shitskin refugee is clearly trying to rape her.
>>
>>6329779
Did you read beyond the first sentence?
>>
>>6329567
Who's the guy in OP pic?
>tfw no kvlt bf
>>
>>6329875

Normally this is where I would talk about racism, but Akio actually is a rapist so, for once, the racist is right: he probably will end up raping her if she lets him "rescue" her. Akio also will likely beat her and mentally torture her, just like he did with Anthy. This sort of thing happens a lot when you expect someone else to save you. They never, ever do.
>>
>>6329855

>implying meaning and value comes from self will

Depression is a self imposed crisis, a result of too much faith in one's own broken brain.

>>6329713

Meditation is a great way to get in touch with God's voice. Some call it conscience, but it is important to distinguish our thoughts from the small, still voice that speaks to us when we aren't wrapped up in our fears and resentments.
>>
My sister found her prince charming but he didn't rescue her from her depression. He helps her deal with it but she's still got it and probably always will. It's just a meme.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.