[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nomenclature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: a trap fucc with a tite tucc.png (750 B, 177x17) Image search: [Google]
a trap fucc with a tite tucc.png
750 B, 177x17
Does anyone else find it more comfortable to call themselves a 'trap' instead of trans?

It's less compromising, less heavy, doesn't carr the connotation of mental illness, and is kinda playful/mischievous. Plus a lot of guys say they like 'traps', I've never seen a single one saying he likes 'trans+ people'.

Aside from this I'm completely pro-social justice and proper nomenclature and avoiding slurs and etc, but 'trap' feels as reclaimed to me as 'nigga' would be to a black person. It feels more like a lifestyle than a burden, but I got reprimanded over using it even though it was just to describe myself.
>>
trap is a noun, trans is an adjective

trans woman vs trap

one of them says "you are this", the other describes what kind of woman you are
>>
>>6322366
Pretty much 90% of nouns in english can be informally used as adjectives, though.
>>
File: 39287492874222.png (748 KB, 1456x876) Image search: [Google]
39287492874222.png
748 KB, 1456x876
>>6322342
"Trap" and "trans" are not synonymous. Find out which one you are and use it correctly.
>>
>>6322342
It also implies your identity exists only to "trick" people, usually for sex.
>>
>>6322342
You've never seen someone say they like trannies?
This board is full of chasers.
>>
>>6322618
True.
>>
>>6322618
I fit trap more. I've never done any surgery and am personally against it.

>>6322651
I like feeling like a sex object? :\
>>
Thankyou! I love calling myself a trap, its got nice but kinda deviant connotations. Its a little self depreciating too, so it shows I don't take myself too seriously.

Trans sounds like a medical condition that you have to disclose to the doctor. Tumblr types really drove this word into the ground.
>>
>>6322618
A looser interpretation of trap that is usually used on /b/ is just literally anything that looks kinda girlish but isn't, therefor a "trap"
>>
>>6322342
I've never seen it used as a slur against the person but more as a way to make fun of people who can be superficially attracted to someone but then be put off by a little (or big whatevs) penis. I'd think it implies that the person has transitioned (even temporarily) so well that even the most closed minded people find them attractive as their true gender identity. I'd still hate to offend anyone by using the term but you can't please everyone. I dunno, maybe I just try to see the good in things.
>>
Bump because I have interest in this thread
>>
I throwing around tranny and trap to disturb the social justice types I'm sometimes surrounded by.
>>
>>6322342
trap is one thing trans is another, stop misusing words you dumb shit
>>
>>6328103
If you're AMAB trans then cis bigots will find an excuse to label you a trap, babe.
>>
>>6328947
I kinda like being called a trap, like being called a twink. Its kinda girly and thats all I want
>>
>>6328966
trap is like a step girlier than twink. feels good.
>>
>>6329011
Its pretty validating desu. I hate being called a tranny because of how manly it sounds.
>>
Twinks and traps are cool guys. Would touch butt and play vidya with them.

Trannies belong in the gas chamber.
>>
>>6337217
Traps-denial=trans
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.