[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hair general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1464450233967.gif (3 MB, 399x577) Image search: [Google]
1464450233967.gif
3 MB, 399x577
Can we talk about haircare?
Is there like some haircare wiki? I have no idea how to maintain this shit.
>>
Basically, conditioner is your friend, don't blow-dry, and if you put it up in a bun/ponytail, keep it a bit loose. Brush often, but not too much, because it brings the oils from your scalp to the rest of your hair, and the scalp then thinks it is low on oils, and produces more.
You don't have to use shampoo, bc it strips the oils and does the same as above, however if it gets dirty, please do.
When it comes to brands, shampoos are pretty much all similar in my experience, but conditioners are more varied. OGX is a pretty good mix of quality and price, and smells pretty great.
This is very basic, and just off the top of my head, but its a good start.
>>
Argon oil. Especially if you dye, bleach or straighten your hair. Also try to not get it wet unless you're washing it or you'll loose the natural oils that protects it.
>>
>>6320806
What if my bair gets ridiculously oily after 2 days of not shampooing? I can't not shampoo at that point because my hair looks disgusting and feels like its got a sheen of vaseline.
>>
>>6321766
Then shampoo. Just make sure to use conditioner. I tend to not use shampoo all the time, but my hair isn't particularly oily.
>>
>>6320722

Is this particular image meant to be a parody of the x-pill stuff?
>>
I do the opposite of most people. I only shampoo and never condition. Everyone is always amazed at how soft and fluffy my hair is.

Also if you blow-dry use a lower wattage one so it doesn't fry your hair. Or just cold blow.
>>
>>6320722
Shampoo first, then conditioner.
If you get dandruff, use an anti-dandruff shampoo.
Herbal Essences conditioners are god-tier, especially the one for curly hair. I have to get it imported from canada to the UK specially.
If you get oily hair, wash it. Possibly daily. The same with if you work in cold/dry areas. That will fry your hair.
Brushing strips hair out and can weaken what's there, as well as causing static. Combs are your friend.
>>
>>6321766
Leddit sub nopoo
>>
>>6320722
please for the love of god if you heat style use a heat protector don't make the same mistake I did when I was a dumb kid
>>
>>6321766
Slowly use less and less shampoo over time and your scalp will adapt. Natural products are probably best for your hair but they don't give you the same 'clean' feeling you get from chemical products.
>>
>>6323234

Adding to this: if you use anti-dandruff shampoo for a while and it doesn't help or even makes it worse, it's probably psoriasis. T-Gel is a shampoo that sorts it out (once a week should be fine, maybe twice at first if it's really bad until it's under control). Don't be afraid to do a bit of research, and don't give up. My hair is pretty cute rn after caring for it properly for a few years, and I used to think it'd always be trash.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.