[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meeting boys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: jeans.jpg (30 KB, 382x604) Image search: [Google]
jeans.jpg
30 KB, 382x604
I'm lonely as all hell, and want to find a boyfriend (I'm 20 years old, male), but I don't know where to look. I live in a suburban town with no nightlife - just skeezy bars where old couples drink long into the night silently, and shit ton of chinese food places.

I'm having trouble making any kind of friends, let alone an intimate, homosexual relationship because of my social anxiety. I want to put myself out there, but I don't know where "there" is.

Secondly, if and when I do meet someone I'm interested in, how can I tell if they're gay or not without offending them? I certainly don't want to ask "are you gay" out loud, because regardless of where you live, it almost always sounds like an insult.

Anyone help?
>>
>>6319220
it can defiinitely be hard to communicate that u yrself are gay based on voice, appearance etc and then also difficult to get the message from the other person... i wish it were easier anon! sometimes u just gotta use body language
>>
>>6319220
I'm in exactly the same situation. Please help, somebody. There must be someone who's found the solution, right ?
>>
>>6319220
Surely there must be some nightlife in the next largest city. Even smaller cities have parties for gay folk about once a month.

Other than that I recommend using dating apps. Grindr has a pretty bad reputation, but it still is really popular. When it comes to other apps I found that the popularity depends a lot on where you live.

For example almost every gay person in Germany knows and uses Planet Romeo (formerly Gay Romeo), despite its ridiculous name.
>>
im kind of having a similar problem. i don't necessarily have any kind of social anxiety... though im not the most outgoing person ever either. i have a quite a few friends, male and female, but none of them are LGBT (to my knowlege). i live just outside a large city (indianapolis in case anyone would be wondering).

my problem, i guess, is that I'm bisexual, leaning mostly straight, and am not particularly excited about having friends/family find out im interested at all in guys. the idea of getting on grindr makes me nervous because i want to be discrete and it's got a bad reputation. there are a couple gay bars downtown, but i've got nobody to go with and the idea of going to a gay bar alone kind of scares me slightly. not sure how one conducts themselves there. im in college and they've got an LGBT club, but i'm not really into all that liberal gay culture stuff.

any suggestions or should i just kill myself?
>>
>>6322842
Just fucking date a female if you are "straight leaning".

Otherwise for people here just work on your appearance and use DATING sites. There really isn't a magical answer.
>>
>>6319220
>>6322842
You should probably try to make some friends. See if there are any sports leagues or hobby groups nearby. It really helps with your social skills, and who knows maybe you will meet some irl cuties.

Plenty of dating websites/apps out there. Some of them are for more casual encounters, others have people who are looking for relationships. "Plenty of Fish" is a popular one for gay bois looking for relationships in my area.

Gay bars and lgbt university clubs are absolutely terrible places to try to meet anyone. Generally, any LGBT community events are terrible. Old creepy dudes everywhere plus too much of the L and T. Gay dating has moved online. You will go on plenty of terrible dates. Try to create a list of what you are looking for in a relationship and in a partner. Filter your prospects accordingly before meeting.

Also watch pic related on netflix. It is hilarious.
>>
>>OP
Use tindr or an online service like that
>>
>>6322889
>hobby groups
Aren't those only for old people ?
>>
Kik me at noakyh
Cool to trade or just talk
>>
>>6319220
Where is your hometown?
>>
>>6319220
Same here, except that I'm into "twinks" or young boys in general. Is there a dating app more accurate in this case ?
bi male living in France also
>>
>>6322889
that movie was complete shit. Unless it's a foreign film, all lgbt movies are garbage
>>
>>6328654
>I'm into "twinks" or young boys in general. Is there a dating app more accurate in this case ?
No, you're just fucked.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.